Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stick to the plan..pieces falling into place....stars aligning?????

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Stick to the plan..pieces falling into place....stars aligning?????

I said before the start of the season and say it every year...I look at the season as 4 quarters....and if you can go 3-1 in each...should be playoff bound....well we are on track....and possibly to do even better.

Now all we need is a Jets win against the Pats....then we beat them.....and the possibility for home field advantage throughout.....stays alive.

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Stick to the plan..pieces falling into place....stars aligning?????

I'm not so convinced that home field is a necessity, since this team seems to be doing much better on the road. The 2nd seed would be good if they had to play a KC, NYJ, or Jacksonville.

You almost want a 6th seeded Baltimore to go to New England in the 2nd round.

Threads : 91

I like it but how do we deal with the un****ingbelievable injuries on the O line and D line? After Slozel went down we couldn't run the ball for ****!

I can't believe I am missing Colon!

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foslrock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not so convinced that home field is a necessity, since this team seems to be doing much better on the road. The 2nd seed would be good if they had to play a KC, NYJ, or Jacksonville.

You almost want a 6th seeded Baltimore to go to New England in the 2nd round.
    Agree.

I don't think that home field throughout is a necessity wither, but I would love, and we really need it, to at least get the #2 and the bye.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by vandelay industries View Post
    Agree.

I don't think that home field throughout is a necessity wither, but I would love, and we really need it, to at least get the #2 and the bye.
    All the #2 seed means is New England ends our season in the AFC Championship game. Sound familiar?

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not concerned with Home Field Advantage either, since "Home Field" hasn't exactly been an advantage for us in the playoffs since 1992

BUT... i did say this a week ago that with a win at Baltimore we will be a win vs. the Jets away from the #2 seed provided we don't screw the pooch against a soft team the rest of the way. The significance to me isn't that #2 seed is a bye week and some home field, it's the fact that we have one of the top records in the AFC and NFL and obtained it without our star or backup QB's for the first 4 weeks against teams with the records of (10-2 | 7-5 | 8-4 | 5-7) and came away with a 3-1 mark. The fact that our Offensive Line has dealth with injuries almost every week, there's been lineup changes so frequently that there's been little chance for any chemistry to be formed which is a key factor for an O-Line, yet they've not been exactly has terrible as some of the lines we've seen. The fact that the NFL refs are calling games blatantly one sided against the Steelers and Steelers players are getting targeted with massive fines for a lot of legal hits.... to be where we are despite all of this drama not to mention Ben's offseason drama, Skippy Reeds, Santonio's etc... It's flat out impressive.

I could care less who we face and when and where in the Playoffs when we get there. it's a new season. Regular season meetings and results don't mean **** when it comes to the Playoffs
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    All the #2 seed means is New England ends our season in the AFC Championship game. Sound familiar?
    (christ, this could be the hardest thing I do all day)

I agree.

But maybe Brady will get injured in an Ugg boot or hairdressing-related disaster between now and late January.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Love the victory but I try not to get too ahead of the season and our opponents. Not to how I feel or direct my thoughts has any outcome to the games.

We have some tough games coming up even if some of them look like easy street. Teams like the Bengals that have nothing to lose can end up coming in very relaxed or pumped up and cause us troubles or more injuries. The Browns are no longer a laugher either and then there are the Jets but, I actually fear them less than the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    (christ, this could be the hardest thing I do all day)

I agree.

But maybe Brady will get injured in an Ugg boot or hairdressing-related disaster between now and late January.
    I'll tell you this. If and I do mean if we make it to the AFC Championship game and beat New England to go to the Super Bowl I will have posted my last negative comment about Tomlin . I still won't be in love with the guy but I will at least give him the respect for something Cowher was never able to do.

I don't see us beating the Cheats. Lebeau couldn't game plan against him under Cowher and he can't do it under Tomlin. Then there is Arians, the boob of the NFL. Bellicheat knows our team better than our own coaches.
    Really getting ahead of the season with this Steeler Cheat talk because our remaining schedule isn't a push over either.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I don't see us beating the Cheats. Lebeau couldn't game plan against him under Cowher and he can't do it under Tomlin. Then there is Arians, the boob of the NFL. Bellicheat knows our team better than our own coaches.
    Really getting ahead of the season with this Steeler Cheat talk because our remaining schedule isn't a push over either.
    No doubt. Other then the Panthers I really don't think the Bengals, Jets and Browns are gimmies. We can easily go from #1, #2 to #6 seed. Barring a monumental collapse we should at least make the playoffs.

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post

I can very easily see a #6 seed Ravens team go to Foxboro the second week of the playofss and beat the Pats*.

Quote Originally Posted by vandelay industries View Post
    I can very easily see a #6 seed Ravens team go to Foxboro the second week of the playofss and beat the Pats*.

No doubt someone will need to do our dirty work who better then the Ravens? I don't think the Pats are all that I just think teams find ways to lose against them. As for us we not only find way to lose we never find ways to win either. It is the one team in the playoffs we would have no answer for home or away.

Threads : 29

I'll take my chances getting the week of rest and at least one game at Heinz.

It something how some teams match up or don't match up against each other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information