Thread: Pereira gets ****y With Steelers Fans

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pereira gets ****y With Steelers Fans

From Fox Sports:

Why was there no flag thrown on that hit by the Rats on Heath Miller?
    1:16
    Mike Pereira: For the same reason, Patrick, that a flag was not thrown for Harrison's hit on Massaquoi that resulted in the $75,000 fine.

It's obvious that the officials on the field DID NOT think it was a foul. McClain did not lead with his helmet, and the contact appeared to me to be on the shoulder, which still falls under the context of a foul.

1:17
    [Comment From Sheri ]
    Hi, Mike!!!! If a penalty would have been called during the play that broke Ben Roethlisberger's nose, should it have been roughing the passer or a facemask? Just curious-I'm a Steelers fan, but I'll just stop right there!!!!!
    1:19
    Mike Pereira: Hi Sheri. Glad you stopped right there!!!!

It would have been roughing the passer because Ben's facemask was NOT grabbed, twisted or pulled. It was a blow to the head.

If it would have been called, the penalty would have been enforced from the line of scrimmage and given the Steelers an automatic first down.

[Comment From cobb ]
    The flag wasnt thrown on Harrison's Massaquoi hit because it was not being enforced at that time. They changed the enforcement because of that hit so why didnt they enforce it on the Rats
    1:26
    Mike Pereira: Hey Cobb: You want to call me incompetent? That's fine. But don't accuse me of NOT knowing the rules.

I sleep with the **** rule book. I've been reading the rule book for 40 years. The rule DID NOT change.

The ENFORCMENT did not change.

The amount of the fines changed.

Nothing else did. I don't mind getting involved in controversial discussions with fans. But I do mind when people make comments when they don't know the facts.
    1:27
    1:31
    [Comment From Thomas ]
    Mike, Harrison's play was considered a legal hit five weeks prior to that call and the league fined him and Robinson without explaining those hit were now considered illegal. This hit on Miller was after the league had unjustly fined those guys. It just shows even the refs don't know what the heck is legal or not. But you can bet if Harrison would have been involved it would have been flagged for just being in the area.
    1:32
    [Comment From Jim ]
    wow Mike ... why so sensitive and personal a response to Cobb there ... i think all of us were shocked and the vicious hit on Heath Miller and most of us thought he wasn't going to get back up we are all grateful that he did but just wish they had made a call or otherwise held him responsible ...
    1:34
    Mike Pereira: Look, I knew I was going to get a lot of questions from Steelers fans. I appreciate their passion for their team, just as I appreciate the passion of fans of other teams who have CONSTANTLY said over the years that the NFL is biased toward the Steelers and want them in the Super Bowl every year.

Here is the issue: The Steelers have always been an aggressive team. A team made up of hard hitters. As this whole concussion issue has come to a head, the NFL has decided to attack it with increased fines.

1:35
    Mike Pereira: They did not change the rules midseason. That is a fact.

If you want to argue the amount of the fines, that's fair. If you want to argue that there is gray area, that is fair. But I don't think it's fair to say there is a bias AGAINST the Steelers.

I didn't buy it when people said there was a bias FOR the Steelers, and I don't buy it now when people are saying that the league has a bias AGAINST the Steelers.
    1:36
    Mike Pereira: As a matter of fact -- I'm getting tired of talking about it. So please, let's move on to other issues.
    1:41
    [Comment From cobb ]
    U are not god
    [Comment From cobb ]
    God gets things right
    Mike Pereira: You are the man, Cobb!! I love that response!

Real professional. I was always taught when someone gets overly defensive they are looking to hide some thing.

Threads : 413

Default Re: Pereira gets ****y With Steelers Fans

The one thing that the bloggers did not bring up was how long after the play was over that the hit occurred. Depending on which team you root for, you could argue all day long whether the hit was illegal or not, but you simply cannot argue that the hit was late and therefore should have been flagged.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one thing that the bloggers did not bring up was how long after the play was over that the hit occurred. Depending on which team you root for, you could argue all day long whether the hit was illegal or not, but you simply cannot argue that the hit was late and therefore should have been flagged.
    I take it you're speaking of the hit on Brees. I agree....that one was questionable but the explaination was the problem. They changed it and that is what is ****ing everyone off.

Threads : 122

They should of asked if every play is reviewed, as the league loves to say, why was there no fine for the Bills players jumping Ben well after he was down.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by ScoreKeeper View Post
    I take it you're speaking of the hit on Brees. I agree....that one was questionable but the explaination was the problem. They changed it and that is what is ****ing everyone off.
    Actually I was referring to the hit on Miller. Watch the replays and you will see that the play was over and Miller was going down and was hit well after the ball was even gone.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 91

Mike Pereira showed his lack of professionalism, not so much by his answers, but by his attitude. If he can't answer those simple questions without malice he is the wrong man to have answering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Mike Pereira showed his lack of professionalism, not so much by his answers, but by his attitude. If he can't answer those simple questions without malice he is the wrong man to have answering them.
    I guess the ******* forgot who pays the bills.

Threads : 150

Is Kevin:

1. Blind
    2. Retarded
    3. Both

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=5898313
    Q: There seems to be some favoritism, with referee/umpire/side judges etc., and some teams. Certain NFL darlings -- the Steelers, Eagles and Patriots -- get calls to go their way more often than not. All you have to do is view Steelers games and you'll see what I mean. It makes me mad enough to not want to watch football anymore.

Kevin in Scottsdale, Ariz.

A: If you lived in Pittsburgh, you wouldn't be feeling as though they are the darlings. They are getting slammed with defensive penalties. The Eagles are also getting their fair share of calls. Sure, many good teams get breaks and some lucky calls. Eagles coach Andy Reid is complaining officials aren't calling some questionable hits on QB Michael Vick. I've been to about three Steelers game and haven't seen anything out of line. Because the top teams get on more national games, you tend to see more of their plays than, say, the Cardinals'. The Steelers feel as though the league is picking on them. In some years, some top teams tend to get lucky with a few calls, but I don't see anything out of line this year.

Threads : 197

In Pereira's Fox Sports article (not the chat, but a column he writes) he says that he thinks the referees were correct in not flagging McClain and that he thinks the league should not have fined him. He called it "unavoidable".
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/p...t-fines-120710

Threads : 49

"Unavoidable"? talk about a double standard!! Couldn't you say the same for most hits that occur?? These hits happen so fast and the defender has so little time to change where he's hitting someone it's ridiculous to say one hit is "unavoidable" and another isn't.

There is so much wrong with these new enforcement of rules it's ridiculous.

Personally, I would like to see the NFL back off of defenses but since that isn't happening it comes down to being consistent and fair across the board. There were a number of hits in the Ravens game by Raven defenders that weren't called but clearly should've been.

When Ben got away from Suggs I was yelling at the TV for a flag on Suggs. He hit Ben right on the helmet with his hand and you better believe that if that was Brady or Manning that is a flag. There was also another late hit on Ben when he threw the ball away earlier in the game.

The rules are bull**** but what makes it worse is the blatant inconsistency, which makes the NFL, Goodell and the refs a complete joke right now, IMO.

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"unavoidable" is a butch of horse****, the guy hit miller late for one, and for 2 miller was the definition of a defenseless reciever, the hit never should have happened.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information