Thread: Ex-Steelers coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ex-Steelers coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

Ex-Steelers coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

NFL.com Wire Reports
    Published: Dec. 10, 2010
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...n-to-the-field

Bill Cowher, seemingly unable to escape questions about a potential return to coaching, acknowledged Thursday that a comeback is possible.

"I'm open to listen to opportunities," Cowher told USATODAY. "I'm very comfortable at CBS. I'll keep all my options open. And I'll only answer those questions at the end of the season. I'm not going to comment on any hypothetical situations until the entire season is over."

Cowher amassed a 161-99-1 record in 15 seasons with the Steelers from 1992-2006. He led Pittsburgh to six conference championship games and two Super Bowls, including the team's 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. Cowher is currently an analyst for CBS Sports.

"I am not going to go back into coaching, just to go back into coaching," Cowher said in September. "It has to be the right situation. And I don't know what the right situation consists of."

Cowher's wife, Kaye, died of skin cancer in July at the age of 54. She died in her native North Carolina, where the family relocated at her urging during her husband's final year as Steelers coach in 2006.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Threads : 60

Default Re: Ex-Steelers coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ex-Steelers coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

NFL.com Wire Reports
    Published: Dec. 10, 2010
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...n-to-the-field

Bill Cowher, seemingly unable to escape questions about a potential return to coaching, acknowledged Thursday that a comeback is possible.

"I'm open to listen to opportunities," Cowher told USATODAY. "I'm very comfortable at CBS. I'll keep all my options open. And I'll only answer those questions at the end of the season. I'm not going to comment on any hypothetical situations until the entire season is over."

Cowher amassed a 161-99-1 record in 15 seasons with the Steelers from 1992-2006. He led Pittsburgh to six conference championship games and two Super Bowls, including the team's 21-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. Cowher is currently an analyst for CBS Sports.

"I am not going to go back into coaching, just to go back into coaching," Cowher said in September. "It has to be the right situation. And I don't know what the right situation consists of."

Cowher's wife, Kaye, died of skin cancer in July at the age of 54. She died in her native North Carolina, where the family relocated at her urging during her husband's final year as Steelers coach in 2006.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Would he? Could he? The Bengals?

Threads : 691

I could see Carolina where John Fox is almost certain to be fired at season's end.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think the Bengals would work out for Cowher. Mike Brown probably wouldn't be willing to concede the kind of power/money that Cowher would like.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information