Thread: Polamalu is Digest Player of Week

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Polamalu is Digest Player of Week

Polamalu is Digest Player of Week
    By Bob Labriola - Steelers Digest
    12-12-2010

He got the Steelers started with a big play, and then he ended the Bengals’ hopes with another.

Just another day at the office for Troy Polamalu. Or as Coach Mike Tomlin said after the game, “No one is playing as well as Troy Polamalu in football right now, in my opinion. When we need a play, he provides it. And he did that today.”

Polamalu’s interception and 45-yard return for a touchdown in the second quarter got his team to a 7-7 tie, and then his interception at the goal line with two minutes left in the same sealed the 23-7 victory that raised the Steelers’ record to 10-3.

Polamalu is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were LaMarr Woodley, who had a 14-yard interception return for a touchdown to up the Steelers’ lead to 20-7 early in the fourth quarter, plus five tackles and two sacks; James Farrior, who led the team with 10 tackles; Brett Keisel, who had six tackles and batted a pass at the line of scrimmage; Hines Ward, who caught eight passes for 115 yards; and Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 21-of-33 for 258 yards, while adding another 23 yards on three rushes.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...c-281334bbe9cd
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 60

Default Re: Polamalu is Digest Player of Week

Thanks for this post

Threads : 440

Default Re: Polamalu is Digest Player of Week

ya gotta love how humble Troy is...

Bengals-Steelers one-liners

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 13, 2010, 11:47 AM EST

The Steelers got off to a slow start before cruising to a 23-7 win.

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger complained to referee Walt Coleman about Bengals players hitting him in the head, but he said, “I got the same response that I got last week, that he was just trying to tackle you. So I just let it go.”

On a day the offense struggled, the Steelers’ defense did all the work to beat the Bengals.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin noted that LB LaMarr Woodley had a costly penalty early in the game and made up for it later: “He provided plays,” Tomlin said, “but he owed us.”

Steelers S Troy Polamalu was the best player on the field Sunday, but afterward he was flogging himself for a bizarre lateral after a game-clinching interception, which Polamalu described as, “incredibly arrogant and selfish and foolish of me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -liners-3/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteeler; Dec-13-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information