Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally found an offense worse then ours.

Threads : 60

Default I finally found an offense worse then ours.

Boy, I thought our offense was bad until I saw the Jets.

Next week is going to be a track meet . The first team to score a safety wins.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I finally found an offense worse then ours.

Christ there are a few. Have you heard about the Carolina Panthers? We have them coming up too.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mark Sanchez is a USC QB.What did you expect?

Threads : 1632

Time for some Rx help, really... life isn't THAT bad.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Wait, I thought Santonio Holmes was your pick for mvp?
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    Yeah,that was an awesome drop he had early in the game.

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Mark Sanchez is a USC QB.What did you expect?
    That means Troy should have a couple more picks next week, since he does very well against former USC QBs!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Threads : 440

Offense needs to score TDs

By Mike Prisuta -- WDVE-FM

The Steelers’ offense didn’t score a touchdown in Sunday’s 23-7 victory over the Bengals, but it did just about everything else.

“It’s funny because I had that talk with Charlie (Batch) and Byron (Leftwich) on the sideline,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. “I felt like we did some good things offensively. We possessed the ball. I don’t know what the time was but it had to be pretty good. I think one drive we might have gone like 140 yards.

“Those things feel good, but it’s not good enough because we have to score points. Field goals aren’t good enough. Luckily, our defense bailed us out and played such a great game, and it was fun to watch them.”

The drive to which Roethlisberger referred didn’t quite cover 140 yards.

Officially, it went for 50, from the Steelers’ 18-yard line to the Bengals’ 32-yard line. It included 10-yard holding penalties assessed against offensive tackles Jonathan Scott and Flozell Adams and consecutive sacks of Roethlisberger after the Steelers had gotten as far as the Cincinnati 15-yard line.

It lasted 15 plays and consumed 9:21.

It ended with a punt.

For an offense that went 0-for-3 in the red zone, it was that kind of day.

“We drove the ball well,” wide receiver Hines Ward said. “We just didn’t do well in the red zone. We’ll find a way to rectify it and get it done.

“We’re not proud of the way we performed in the red zone, but we’re proud of the win. When it comes to crunch time we’re going to have to start putting up touchdowns. Field goals won’t win it. But getting down there and the opportunities we had, I think we made some plays. We drove the length of the field almost all day.”

That long march to a punt at least helped the Steelers pile up time of possession advantages of 13:15-1:45 in the third quarter and 34:31-25:29 overall. The Steelers also outgained the Bengals (354-190), averaged 4.6 yards per carry on 27 rushes and converted almost 50 percent of their third downs (7-for-15, 47 percent).

They just didn’t score any offensive touchdowns.

Individual highlights included Roethlisberger again overcoming a fractured foot and a broken nose (he opened with a shield attached to his helmet but eventually discarded it), Ward piling up 115 yards receiving (his fourth 100-yard game of the season and the 29th of his career), and wide receiver Antwaan Randle El making a spectacular catch and running an option off a direct snap (the play ultimately resulted in a pitch to wide receiver Mike Wallace and a gain of 12).

Touchdowns or not, Roethlisberger and Ward emerged impressed with and thankful for one another once again.

Roethlisberger had this to say regarding Ward: “I could sit here and talk all day about the effort, the will to win and his determination, his toughness. But we’ve been seeing that for what, 15 years, however long he’s been playing? I take my hat off to him because he’s a warrior.”

Added Ward of Roethlisberger: “He’s a warrior. He’s a winner. He’s a proven winner. He’s our leader on the team. I don’t know if there’s enough praise I can give the guy. He’s a legitimate superstar in our league.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...7-359dfae4cb2f

Threads : 206

The Packers hanging 3 on the Lions D was brutal as well!

Rex Ryan almost benched Mark Sanchez

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 12, 2010

Rex Ryan said after Sunday’s disappointing loss that Mark Sanchez was hardly the Jets’ only problem. (That’s true.)

Then again, Ryan said he almost benched Sanchez for 40-year-old quarterback Mark Brunell. As our buddy Bob Glauber points out, Sanchez has thrown eight touchdowns with eleven interceptions in the last seven games. He also fumbled four times Sunday, and has nine fumbles for the season.

“I considered it, but when you look at it, I think he gives us the best chance to win,” Ryan said. “I thought about it and I was like, ‘Nah, it’s not the kid’s fault.’ He’s not the only one to blame here. If I thought that was the case, I would’ve yanked him.”

Sanchez is a second year quarterback that left school as an underclassmen, so it’s not a shock he’s hitting some bumps in the road. The Jets need to come up with some answers fast with Pittsburgh and Chicago coming up next on the schedule.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-sanchez/

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Rex Ryan almost benched Mark Sanchez

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 12, 2010

Rex Ryan said after Sunday’s disappointing loss that Mark Sanchez was hardly the Jets’ only problem. (That’s true.)

Then again, Ryan said he almost benched Sanchez for 40-year-old quarterback Mark Brunell. As our buddy Bob Glauber points out, Sanchez has thrown eight touchdowns with eleven interceptions in the last seven games. He also fumbled four times Sunday, and has nine fumbles for the season.

“I considered it, but when you look at it, I think he gives us the best chance to win,” Ryan said. “I thought about it and I was like, ‘Nah, it’s not the kid’s fault.’ He’s not the only one to blame here. If I thought that was the case, I would’ve yanked him.”

Sanchez is a second year quarterback that left school as an underclassmen, so it’s not a shock he’s hitting some bumps in the road. The Jets need to come up with some answers fast with Pittsburgh and Chicago coming up next on the schedule.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-sanchez/
    Brunell? He isn't in a retirement home somewhere?

Offense just gets its kicks

Monday, December 13, 2010
    By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Sweezie Money was right back at it Sunday, thumping home three more field goals in an astonishing bid for Steelers employee of the month. Not only is Shaun Suisham a perfect 9 for 9 on field goals since Jeff Reed got himself kicked to the curb, he's a perfectly identical 9 for 9 on extra points.

Moreover, Suisham has scored 31 of the Steelers' last 55 points.

So what's the bad news?

Exactly.

Suisham has scored 31 of the Steelers' last 55 points.

Remember touchdowns, actual offensive touchdowns? My buddy Jim in Florida must have figured it was so long since he'd seen a Steelers touchdown drive, he might as well try to come with a nickname for the new kicker. So you can thank him for Sweezie Money.

But ... adding the zero they managed Sunday against a depleted, dilapidated Bengals defense, you now have two touchdowns by this Steelers offense in the past three games, and one of those was cued by the defense at the Baltimore 9.

"We're not proud of what we did in the red zone," Hines Ward said after a 23-7 victory that included touchdowns by a safety (likely employee of the month Troy Polamalu), a linebacker (LaMarr Woodley), and an eligible Bengals offensive tackle (335-pound Andrew Whitworth, perhaps the largest man ever to catch a touchdown pass at Heinz Field). "We know that when we get chances in the red zone we've got to score touchdowns. Field goals aren't going to do it."

The offense managed six points on three trips inside the Cincinnati 20, once exiting the red zone in reverse on a day the offensive line turned one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL into Blitzburg, Ohio. The Bengals, with 14 sacks through this 2-11 season's first 12 games, got four Sunday including back-to-back sacks by Pat Sims and Dhani Jones that sent Ben Roethlisberger tumbling out of Sweezie Money's range in the third quarter.

Ben's day was fairly forgettable, what with the rain, the wind, the sleet, the wind, the foot, the nose, the wind, the face shield, and the unforeseen pass rush. He had one pass tipped, one pass mercifully dropped by Bengals linebacker Brandon Johnson, and just enough caught by seven teammates to allow for nearly 35 minutes of possession time.

There's no telling which way a second consecutive AFC North struggle might have tilted had it not been for Antwaan Randle El, whose leaping left-handed snag at the Cincinnati 18 just before halftime set up Sweezie's first field goal, the one that gave the Steelers a 10-7 halftime lead. Mike Tomlin's team is 8-0 when it leads at the half.

"Sometimes you gotta play bigger," laughed the 5-10 Randle El of his up-the-ladder grab. "Ben put it in a good spot for me."

Or as good as a spot can get that's four feet over his head.

For all the available talent in the conventional portions of the Bruce Arians offense, no one's hitting better spots right now than the kicker, who nailed his 14th successful field-goal attempt between 40 and 49 yards.

Do not overlook the fact that Suisham's first three Heinz Field three-pointers came amid the rain, the wind, the sleet, the wind, the foot, the nose, yeah, you get it. Everything Reed complained so bitterly about on his way out of town except the turf, which was new this week.

"I kicked [five] extra points my first game here," Suisham reminded interrogators afterward. "You try to treat every kick the same. I'd basically come off of five field goals last time, in my mind. It was fine. It was just like another game."

Of course, the stakes will spike somewhat next Sunday when the Jets visit. In any case, the Steelers have three remaining dress rehearsals for the postseason, and there's little empirical evidence on whether that's sufficient time to eradicate the stubborn penalty virus that continues to slam the offense in particular.

Three separate holding penalties on three players -- Jonathan Scott, Flozell Adams and Matt Spaeth -- helped poison one third-quarter possession Sunday, as the Steelers offered their fourth consecutive performance that included at least nine penalties. Sunday's nine were marked off for 89 yards, making it 42 penalties for 420 yards in the past month.

"When you're looking at first-and-30, it's tough," Tomlin said after watching Roethlisberger stretch his career record to 28-7 against division opponents. "Somehow we overcame that and for the most part, we have all year when we get behind the chains with the penalties. We find ways to overcome them. That's because of our leadership, starting with number 7."

These 2010 Steelers will go as far as No. 7 will take them, the oversimplifiers will insist, but it's No. 6 who has emerged as the perfect Plan B. Shaun Suisham may be Sweezie Money, but I wouldn't abandon Plan A, you know, the one with the touchdowns.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10347...#ixzz17yM4rm3q

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    Really? You have my quote saying that? That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Yeah,that was an awesome drop he had early in the game.
    If that was a bag of weed he probably would have cradled it in like a baby.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really? You have my quote saying that? That's what I thought.
    I could just point to the multiple threads you've started whining that the Steelers traded him.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information