Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about Troy? The guy might be responsible for two wins this year.

Threads : 49

Default How about Troy? The guy might be responsible for two wins this year.

Let's hear it for this future HOF'er. What an amazing player. He's had INT or forced fumble in 3 straight games and if he doesn't strip Flacco there is a very good chance we're looking at 9-4 right now and a wildcard berth. If not for Troy's INT in the Bills game there's a decent chance we could even be looking at 8-5 and fighting for our playoff lives. He made the turnaround play today against the Bengals. If not for that play we're looking at a one score lead in the 4th quarter.

Troy has saved the offense, Arians and Tomlin's bacon in recent weeks. He is really kicking *** right now. Let's hope he keeps it up!

Threads : 691

Default Re: How about Troy? The guy might be responsible for two wins this year.

This guy is a game changer. It's easy to see the difference when he's in the lineup,and when he's out. In my opinion,he already ranks up with the all-time Steeler greats,and that's saying alot.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How about Troy? The guy might be responsible for two wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Troy has saved the offense, Arians and Tomlin's bacon in recent weeks. He is really kicking *** right now. Let's hope he keeps it up!
    Very true....

... He was also awful quiet for several games that you, as well as I, were critical....

Just goes to show us that the season is a long event....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 60

Troy = 2 wins
    Refs = 1 win
    Stevie Johnson = 1 win

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Very true....

... He was also awful quiet for several games that you, as well as I, were critical....

Yup. My ***** is that you kinda expect and require that type of play from the guy. The whole defense looks bad when he goes quiet sometimes. My intention is not to take anything away from Troy, he was spectacular but defenseman have a knack of catching Palmers passes. Maybe we can give the game ball to him?

Very true....

I haven't really been that critical of Troy this year. I remember the threads on here a month back or so about Troy's performance but I wasn't one of the guys that said anything that bad about him. I think those threads arose out of some unrealistic expectations perhaps.

But it's true, it's a long season. It's just amazing what Troy has done in 3 straight games. Not too many other defensemen can say they've done what Troy has done this year in recent weeks. He's a true game-changer (and game-saver).

I think he might be the best defender in the league.

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Troy = 2 wins
    Refs = 1 win
    Stevie Johnson = 1 win
    They still count. And the refs + Goodell have done plenty, and I mean plenty, that have gone against us this year that we've had to overcome in games as well. You can't just suddenly forget about all of the bad penalties and personal fouls we've had to overcome in games this year too, if you're going to bring that Dolphin game up. It does go both ways. There are positives with this team too. They wouldn't be 10-3, with all they've had to overcome this year (loads of injuries, bad calls, etc.), if there weren't.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Threads : 82

I haven't really been that critical of Troy this year. I remember the threads on here a month back or so about Troy's performance but I wasn't one of the guys that said anything that bad about him. I think those threads arose out of some unrealistic expectations perhaps.

But it's true, it's a long season. It's just amazing what Troy has done in 3 straight games. Not too many other defensemen can say they've done what Troy has done this year in recent weeks. He's a true game-changer (and game-saver).

I think he might be the best defender in the league.
    I don't know that anyone was saying anything bad about Troy. What was said is that he wasn't playing very well. Which was true. I find it amazing that any time you make an observation on here, it is made into everyone wanting him to be traded off.

I wasn't one of the guys that said anything that bad about him. I think those threads arose out of some unrealistic expectations perhaps.
    Bull****... You complained as much as the rest of us.,... Don't get all "high and mighty" now.... You complained about his lack of production right along with almost everyone on here during the GDTs .... Sorry, but you did.... If I wasn't too lazy, I'd quote threads from previous games.... But I am lazy, so I won't.... Don't be so pretentious as to say that you didn't.... I'd hate to pull-up **** from several weeks ago stating otherwise...... It's OK, because it was an issue before, but as always, things change, and we all did it and thought it....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Bull****... You complained as much as the rest of us.,... Don't get all "high and mighty" now.... You complained about his lack of production right along with almost everyone on here during the GDTs .... Sorry, but you did.... If I wasn't too lazy, I'd quote threads from previous games.... But I am lazy, so I won't.... Don't be so pretentious as to say that you didn't.... I'd hate to pull-up **** from several weeks ago stating otherwise...... It's OK, because it was an issue before, but as always, things change, and we all did it and thought it....

NKy, I have to plead innocent! The only criticism I've had of Troy was something like - he's been burned a couple times in coverage by taking chances, but even that doesn't bother me that much considering that comes with the way Troy plays. I'm pretty sure that's it. I think some fans expect him to have an INT or forced fumble every game or he's not doing his job.

I'll gladly admit when I make mistakes, especially if it's for the betterment of the team. I was wrong about Farrior this year for example. I thought he shouldn't even be on the team to start the year. He's still a borderline liability in coverage but he's getting it done in run support for the most part.

NKy, I have to plead innocent! The only criticism I've had of Troy was something like - he's been burned a couple times in coverage by taking chances, but even that doesn't bother me that much considering that comes with the way Troy plays. I'm pretty sure that's it. I think some fans expect him to have an INT or forced fumble every game or he's not doing his job.

I'll gladly admit when I make mistakes, especially if it's for the betterment of the team. I was wrong about Farrior this year for example. I thought he shouldn't even be on the team to start the year. He's still a borderline liability in coverage but he's getting it done in run support for the most part.
    Christ... I can barely remember 3 weeks ago with the games, as my Bungle wife corrupts my senses..... Things are "muddled".....

Threads : 91

What impressed me yesterday was the guy could barely walk or jog, how do you react to/defend a wide receiver when you have a gimpy leg/foot?

Threads : 150

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What impressed me yesterday was the guy could barely walk or jog, how do you react to/defend a wide receiver when you have a gimpy leg/foot?

Agreed.

I even commented a couple times yesterday being at the game how remarkable his closing speed was on breaking in to breakup passes on some of those out cuts.

Amazing player, nuff said.

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Upon further review, in the thread about Troy not performing, Glanville was not one of the people who were complaining about Troy in a thread back in November.....

Glanville's wrote and I paraphrase:

"I dunno, I'm more tired of seeing Ryan Clark contribute virtually nothing to this team game after game. Troy will be fine, I don't understand all the hate. He's had a couple blown coverages, other than that I don't see where the criticism is justified, honestly.

This is how instant replay should work and Glanville will not be charged a timeout.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 440

Troy's TD Turns Another One Around

By Jim Wexell
    SteelCityInsider.net
    Posted Dec 12, 2010

Troy Polamalu scored the tying touchdown to springboard the Steelers to a 23-7 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

PITTSBURGH – On the field, Troy Polamalu was his usual self with two interceptions, one of which he returned for a game-changing touchdown.

In the locker room, Polamalu was also his usual self, bemoaning his mistakes, in particular a wild lateral while returning his second interception.

“First and foremost,” Polamalu started, “I want to apologize for that play at the end of the game. It was incredibly arrogant and selfish. I represent something bigger than myself – my faith, my family, and this team. I’ll try to never let that happen again. It was just a very arrogant play.”

But, he was asked, what about the touchdown?

“I don’t know,” he said in such a hushed tone that one would’ve thought the Steelers had lost to the Cincinnati Bengals instead of won, 23-7.

“Let’s just focus on the negative,” he said before finally smiling.

As for the touchdown, well, ho hum.

“I know you guys can’t be surprised at what he does every week, because he does it every week,” said James Farrior. “We’ve come to expect it from him.”

It may not happen every week, but Polamalu’s on quite a roll. In the last four games, Polamalu has returned an interception 38 yards to snuff out an Oakland rally; recovered a fumble and later intercepted a pass at his goal line to hold off Buffalo; and in Baltimore his sack/forced fumble late in the fourth quarter turned the game around against the Ravens. Throw in his game-changing play Sunday against the Bengals and Polamalu is the common thread in the Steelers’ four-game win streak.

“I’m glad Troy is on my team,” said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. “No one is playing as good as Troy Polamalu in football right now.”

Polamalu’s first interception Sunday came out of a cover-2 shell. Bengals receiver Terrell Owens ran a skinny post that Polamalu jumped at the Cincinnati 45.

“In cover-2,” explained safety Will Allen, “it’s really hard for the safety to get underneath that play. A skinny post is designed to hit in between the linebacker and the safety. It’s designed to hit right behind the linebacker, so he just jumped it. And if you decide to go get the pick, you’d better get the pick.”

Polamalu got the pick off his old college roommate, Carson Palmer, and, as he had in 2004, Polamalu took aim at Palmer near the goal line.

“I wanted to see Troy bowl him over again,” said Farrior.

Palmer clipped Polamalu near the Cincinnati 5 and he needed to dive over the pylon for the tying touchdown.

Polamalu aggravated an ankle injury on the play but stayed in the game, albeit hobbled.

He wasn’t too hobbled, though, to read Palmer for the interception in the fourth quarter, his sixth of the season. Polamalu recklessly lateraled the ball, but it was recovered by teammate Bryant McFadden at the Pittsburgh 12.

“Troy was just trying to share the love a little bit,” said Brett Keisel. “He’s so used to having the spotlight I think he was trying to let someone else take it to the crib.”

A bit earlier in the fourth quarter, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was telling linebacker Larry Foote that Polamalu should win a second consecutive AFC Defensive Player of the Week award. Foote argued that the award should go to LaMarr Woodley.

“Then he got that second pick,” said Roethlisberger. “I looked at Foote and he said, “Co-Defensive Players of the Week.”

Polamalu would prefer the award go to the entire unit.

“I think our defense is playing good as a whole,” he said. “Whenever you get a good pass rush and whenever the D-line is stopping the run, we’re able to make a lot of plays on the back end.”

http://pit.scout.com/2/1030588.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information