Thread: Game time weather...and other stats...

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Game time weather...and other stats...

High
    29įF
    Low
    21įF

Precip: 30%
    Few snow showers

Wind Impact: LIGHT
    NW at 9.0 mph

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Game time weather...and other stats...

Steeler D ranked 4th 293 ypg.
    Jets O ranked 12th 350.7 ypg

Steelers O ranked 19th 332.4 ypg
    Jets D ranked 3rd 292.5 ypg

Steelers pass O ranked 18th 212.2 ypg
    Jets pass D ranked 9th 203.9 ypg

Steelers pass D ranked 23rd 232.9 ypg
    Jets pass O ranked 21st 207 ypg

Steelers run O ranked 10th 120.2 ypg
    Jets run D ranked 3rd 88.5 ypg

Steelers run D ranked 1st 60.1 ypg
    Jets run O ranked 6th 143.7 ypg

Steelers O scoring ranked 16th 22.3 ppg
    Jets D points allowed ranked 6th 18.6 ppg

Steelers D points allowed ranked 2nd 15.2 ppg
    Jets O scoring ranked 18th 21 ppg

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's a major stat and this one plays right into our hands:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_713607.html

118.5 — Average Jets rushing yards in four losses this season

154.9 — Average Jets rushing yards in their nine wins

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Plus Damien Woodey their Right Tackle is out.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 440

Jets Conference Calls

JETS HEAD COACH REX RYAN

How concerned are you with your offense?
    I am concerned and the fact that we have to go up against Pittsburgh, doesnít help matters. Really what I tell our team about them is that this will be the best defense we face all year. So it a huge challenge because we have struggled the last several games. We have talent but we just have to find a way of getting the ball into our playmakersí hands, have to be able to protect the quarterback and be able to get some of a running game going. I realize going against the Steelers that they are giving up a whopping like sixty yards a game. Rushing isnít going to be easy, thatís for sure.

Re: Santonio Holmes
    He really won four games for us and closing things out, as you guys have seen throughout his career, he is a game changer and a game breaker. The one thing is that he is an outstanding teammate. He is building guys up here and itís been great to have him. He has been outstanding for us. He had the huge drop last week for a touchdown and if we threw it is 1,000 times, he would catch 999. It is just one of those things. It was crazy, but he has been great for us.

Did you have any initial concerns about what kind of teammate he would be?
    I never realized how good of a teammate he was, thatís for sure. But since he has come here he has been outstanding. Obviously you guys have dealt with him a lot longer than I have, so you guys know that he is a good person. I just knew that we couldnít stop him when I was in Baltimore. We lost three games to Pittsburgh in one season and it was due to two factors, their defense scored against our offense, took the ball over and scored with it on turnovers and Santonio Holmes would make one play in the game that would end up being the difference. He did it over and over and when we had that opportunity I just thought, man oh man, I would love to have him because he is a difference maker.

Do you still not think he crossed the goal line on that catch?
    Nope. Still donít think. I am telling you it would have been awesome because I guarantee you Tomlin would have gone for it. I guarantee you he would have gone for it and we would have stopped him.

Since the Jets donít play the Steelers all that often, do you tell your guys about them and bring some of the atmosphere from Baltimore?
    Oh yeah, today I mentioned that we are going into the worst place to play. The crowd gets into it like crazy. Now the field has been resodded so I know that upsets everybody in Pittsburgh. I told them they are a tough smash-mouth type team and that is the beauty of it. That is why I respect Pittsburgh. I hated them when I was in Baltimore, but I always respected them. I hope that they thought the same thing about me when I was there. But that is what it has to be when you play Pittsburgh, that is what you are going to get. Those safeties knock the heck out of you and those outside backers are about as good as it gets in the league. You have Polamalu flying all over the place making great plays and big hits. I love the way they play the game. I have a lot of respect for Tomlin. He is a guy where we were getting blown out one game where we had no defensive backs and down like 30-something to nothing at half time and he ran the ball every single snap it seemed like in the second half. Even though they couldnít get a yard a carry or something, because we knew they were running it. He is a manís man. I remember when Bart (Scott) was having something with their fullback and he said well, you want a piece of him? Ok, and put the kid back out there and it was like they let those two go at it. I really respect him and I think he is great for the game, he is a tough guy and it is Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh versus us and I definitely told the team this is my kind of game. I have seen a lot of guys come down with the Pittsburgh flu back in the day. All of a sudden a guy wonít play in the game, saying ah, Iím just not right. Iíve seen it happen because they donít want to face Pittsburgh. Thatís great. I know we will have a whole plane full of guys coming down there and it is going to be a great atmosphere and that is old fashion football.

When you were in Baltimore, did Hines (Ward) get under your skin or did you appreciate him?
    Oh, I appreciated him. No question. We tried to knock his head off and he was trying to knock our head off. So that is who he is and that is who he will always be. He got somebody last week. I thought he knocked somebody out, but the kid popped up. Oh, I have seen it a million times. I remember Samari Rolle tried to tackle him once and he knocked him out. It was like, wow. He is a tough *** and I love him.

Re: Darrelle Revis not having the stats because no one throws his way:
    They are smart. They arenít going to throw over there. He is the best in the game. Itís not even close. He struggled early, initially he had the hamstring at camp but for the last several weeks he has been Darrelle Revis. He might catch a ball.

Will you put Revis on Wallace this week or how will you work him?
    We change it up. I will probably put him on (Maurkice) Pouncey this week.

What have you seen in Pouncey as a rookie?
    I really liked him. That is a guy we would have taken if he would have been there, regardless of need or not, weíve got the best center in football but we still would have taken him. He is a great player. We would have put him at guard or somewhere. But he is just a great football player. I think you have two of the best centers in the league going at it. Iíd take (Nick) Mangold probably right now over him but this kid is a great football player. The thing that I thought was the funniest thing, the Buffalo game, some number fifty from Buffalo decides he is going to be a tough guy at the end of the play, I donít know if you guys saw this, but he is going to push Pouncey. So he goes to shove Pouncey and Pouncey gets his hands inside and literally lifted the guy off the ground and pushed him to his back and it was great. I was like, oh man, because you never see that. But this guy thought he was going to be tough after the play and really push and shove Pouncey and Pouncey lifted him right off the ground.

You want to give us any sound bites? We will be happy to print them.
    Whatever it is. I know the Pittsburgh fans love me out there so I am expecting a big ovation.

Ben (Roethlisberger) still says his hardest hit was by Bart Scott.

Oh it was a great hit. It was a clean hit. Thatís what you get when you play Pittsburgh, both teams dished out some huge hits over the years when I was in Baltimore. I am looking forward to it because it is always manís game and both teams got a ton riding it. Obviously Pittsburgh is trying to close out the division and we are trying to scrap our way back into the playoffs. Weíve had two bad losses in a row, so we know we are going to get each othersí best shot in more ways than one and I am looking forward to it.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-9ca0cf2b71e2

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jets Conference Calls

JETS HEAD COACH REX RYAN

How concerned are you with your offense?
    I am concerned and the fact that we have to go up against Pittsburgh, doesn’t help matters. Really what I tell our team about them is that this will be the best defense we face all year. So it a huge challenge because we have struggled the last several games. We have talent but we just have to find a way of getting the ball into our playmakers’ hands, have to be able to protect the quarterback and be able to get some of a running game going. I realize going against the Steelers that they are giving up a whopping like sixty yards a game. Rushing isn’t going to be easy, that’s for sure.

Re: Santonio Holmes
    He really won four games for us and closing things out, as you guys have seen throughout his career, he is a game changer and a game breaker. The one thing is that he is an outstanding teammate. He is building guys up here and it’s been great to have him. He has been outstanding for us. He had the huge drop last week for a touchdown and if we threw it is 1,000 times, he would catch 999. It is just one of those things. It was crazy, but he has been great for us.

Did you have any initial concerns about what kind of teammate he would be?
    I never realized how good of a teammate he was, that’s for sure. But since he has come here he has been outstanding. Obviously you guys have dealt with him a lot longer than I have, so you guys know that he is a good person. I just knew that we couldn’t stop him when I was in Baltimore. We lost three games to Pittsburgh in one season and it was due to two factors, their defense scored against our offense, took the ball over and scored with it on turnovers and Santonio Holmes would make one play in the game that would end up being the difference. He did it over and over and when we had that opportunity I just thought, man oh man, I would love to have him because he is a difference maker.

Do you still not think he crossed the goal line on that catch?
    Nope. Still don’t think. I am telling you it would have been awesome because I guarantee you Tomlin would have gone for it. I guarantee you he would have gone for it and we would have stopped him.

Since the Jets don’t play the Steelers all that often, do you tell your guys about them and bring some of the atmosphere from Baltimore?
    Oh yeah, today I mentioned that we are going into the worst place to play. The crowd gets into it like crazy. Now the field has been resodded so I know that upsets everybody in Pittsburgh. I told them they are a tough smash-mouth type team and that is the beauty of it. That is why I respect Pittsburgh. I hated them when I was in Baltimore, but I always respected them. I hope that they thought the same thing about me when I was there. But that is what it has to be when you play Pittsburgh, that is what you are going to get. Those safeties knock the heck out of you and those outside backers are about as good as it gets in the league. You have Polamalu flying all over the place making great plays and big hits. I love the way they play the game. I have a lot of respect for Tomlin. He is a guy where we were getting blown out one game where we had no defensive backs and down like 30-something to nothing at half time and he ran the ball every single snap it seemed like in the second half. Even though they couldn’t get a yard a carry or something, because we knew they were running it. He is a man’s man. I remember when Bart (Scott) was having something with their fullback and he said well, you want a piece of him? Ok, and put the kid back out there and it was like they let those two go at it. I really respect him and I think he is great for the game, he is a tough guy and it is Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh versus us and I definitely told the team this is my kind of game. I have seen a lot of guys come down with the Pittsburgh flu back in the day. All of a sudden a guy won’t play in the game, saying ah, I’m just not right. I’ve seen it happen because they don’t want to face Pittsburgh. That’s great. I know we will have a whole plane full of guys coming down there and it is going to be a great atmosphere and that is old fashion football.

When you were in Baltimore, did Hines (Ward) get under your skin or did you appreciate him?
    Oh, I appreciated him. No question. We tried to knock his head off and he was trying to knock our head off. So that is who he is and that is who he will always be. He got somebody last week. I thought he knocked somebody out, but the kid popped up. Oh, I have seen it a million times. I remember Samari Rolle tried to tackle him once and he knocked him out. It was like, wow. He is a tough *** and I love him.

Re: Darrelle Revis not having the stats because no one throws his way:
    They are smart. They aren’t going to throw over there. He is the best in the game. It’s not even close. He struggled early, initially he had the hamstring at camp but for the last several weeks he has been Darrelle Revis. He might catch a ball.

Will you put Revis on Wallace this week or how will you work him?
    We change it up. I will probably put him on (Maurkice) Pouncey this week.

What have you seen in Pouncey as a rookie?
    I really liked him. That is a guy we would have taken if he would have been there, regardless of need or not, we’ve got the best center in football but we still would have taken him. He is a great player. We would have put him at guard or somewhere. But he is just a great football player. I think you have two of the best centers in the league going at it. I’d take (Nick) Mangold probably right now over him but this kid is a great football player. The thing that I thought was the funniest thing, the Buffalo game, some number fifty from Buffalo decides he is going to be a tough guy at the end of the play, I don’t know if you guys saw this, but he is going to push Pouncey. So he goes to shove Pouncey and Pouncey gets his hands inside and literally lifted the guy off the ground and pushed him to his back and it was great. I was like, oh man, because you never see that. But this guy thought he was going to be tough after the play and really push and shove Pouncey and Pouncey lifted him right off the ground.

You want to give us any sound bites? We will be happy to print them.
    Whatever it is. I know the Pittsburgh fans love me out there so I am expecting a big ovation.

Ben (Roethlisberger) still says his hardest hit was by Bart Scott.

Oh it was a great hit. It was a clean hit. That’s what you get when you play Pittsburgh, both teams dished out some huge hits over the years when I was in Baltimore. I am looking forward to it because it is always man’s game and both teams got a ton riding it. Obviously Pittsburgh is trying to close out the division and we are trying to scrap our way back into the playoffs. We’ve had two bad losses in a row, so we know we are going to get each others’ best shot in more ways than one and I am looking forward to it.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-9ca0cf2b71e2
    rex ryan seems kinda goofy to me!

Threads : 440

Quote Originally Posted by rockcr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    rex ryan seems kinda goofy to me!

you think?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information