Thread: Cooking for family?... Tell them to **** off!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Cooking for family?... Tell them to **** off!

.... Currently (at midnight) preparing a 20# bird for the family (my wife's family) getogether tomorrow... Injected the bird and applyied the dry rub before deep frying tomorrow morning...

... Baked a ****-load of sweet potatoes, and multiple sides ready for tomorrow....

... Even made a pineapple upsidedown cake for the kiddies that wanted it.....

But... Let this be known far and wide......... I HATE family parties..........

It interrupts with my watching of the start of the bowl games......... I'm not happy.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 215

Default Re: Cooking for family?... Tell them to **** off!

betta you than me!

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

I hate all that ****ing commotion. I just want it to be nice and quiet. My wife and I have her brother over and that's it.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My wife's kids are grown up with their own families, my kids are, well, a long way away, so it's just the two of us.

A 20 lb bird does us for a couple of days and neither of us particularly cares about the trimmings. Bird, stuffing, gravy, potatoes - job done.

The simple life: I has it!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I live a 18 hour drive away from our closest family, the wife's. Mine are even farther away. My wife works at an inpatient mental hospital so she is at work most holidays. Usually just me and the dogs, which ain't really so bad.

I can handle being a lil' lonely alot better than being annoyed by chaotic nonsense.

Threads : 82

I don't mind my Familly. It's an hour and a half drive for me. Get out of the city for the day. My mom and sister look after the kids I can just kinda sit on my ***. The in laws are a different story lol but they do the same with kids so I just veg in front of the tube. iPhone comes in handy too. Don't miss out on **** going on with the board or whatever. Sucks this Christmas is on the weekend tho. I like the schedule clear on the weekends.

THIS ****ING SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!................

I made a spread to freakin' DIE for!.....

Deep-fryed turkey (Creole garlic), pounds of sweet potatoes, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, home-made dinner rolls, pinapple upside down cake..... It was a freakin' FEAST!....

... The ankle biters spewed **** all over my floor.... The middle-aged kids broke my flat screen tv and destroyed my set-up.... The older folks didn't eat much so it was a waste... And the elderly just ****ing made a mess because they had no choice....

1st year with my new wife in my house, and first year hosting her entire family (totaling more than 20)....

.... They ****ing DESTROYED the place!.......... Toys flying at windows, blinds being ripped-off windows, parents letting their little bastard children run amok....

I did lots of work for no reason, and ended-up drinking heavily just to avoid snapping on a family member....

.............THANK.... GOD..... IT'S..... DONE......

It will take me quite a while to recover.... The scene of a 6-yr old banging on my laptop almost put me in rehab, and him in the hospital....

....... I need a Valium... STAT!......
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Deep-fryed turkey (Creole garlic), pounds of sweet potatoes, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, home-made dinner rolls, pinapple upside down cake..... It was a freakin' FEAST!....

... The ankle biters spewed **** all over my floor.... The middle-aged kids broke my flat screen tv and destroyed my set-up.... The older folks didn't eat much so it was a waste... And the elderly just ****ing made a mess because they had no choice....

1st year with my new wife in my house, and first year hosting her entire family (totaling more than 20)....

.... They ****ing DESTROYED the place!.......... Toys flying at windows, blinds being ripped-off windows, parents letting their little bastard children run amok....

I did lots of work for no reason, and ended-up drinking heavily just to avoid snapping on a family member....

It will take me quite a while to recover.... The scene of a 6-yr old banging on my laptop almost put me in rehab, and him in the hospital....

Oh my, I feel bad for you. We are lucky are house is too small to host very many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Oh my, I feel bad for you. We are lucky are house is too small to host very many people.
    I'm 3/4 drunk.... Doing better with modern medication.....

Ho Rah!.............

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

****, NKy - you certainly have my sympathies. I once had a scaled-down version of that with some of my ex's family: I remember the urge to scream and throw the buggers out. Multiplying that would either get meltdown (and nobody speaks to me again for decades, which has its charm) or my sarcasm assault, which is a lot more personally destructive than my Gojira moment (and nobody speaks to me again for decades, which has its charm).

Kudos on not requiring bail, mate!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 102

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post

Jesus man, that ****ing SUCKS!

I suggest plenty of Bud Select and Rumple for today.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow NKY! Thanks for the "heads up!" I'm seriously considering hall rental or banquet room from now on.

Ha Ha!......... Ahhh....... It's all about fun at the holidays..........

Today, the sun still came up, and it's nice and quiet..........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information