Thread: Week 15 Prediction

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Week 15 Prediction

Mike Wallace and David Johnson star in this battle as the Steelers successfully control the ball with short passes and a decent game from Mendenhall. Steelers offensive finally gets on the board with 3 touchdowns. Ben is sacked twice but gets rid of the ball quickly for the most part, although he does take another cheap shot with no penalty called. Steelers 24 Jets 10.............
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 440

Default Re: Week 15 Prediction

NFL Predictions: Pittsburgh Steelers On Upset Alert Against New York Jets Sunday

By Jack Jones (Senior Writer) on December 18, 2010

This Sunday the New York Jets will go on the road to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in a key AFC matchup between two of the best defenses in the NFL.

The Jets once looked like a lock to make the playoffs, but two straight losses, including a 10-6 loss at home against the Miami Dolphins last week, have New York desperately needing a win to avoid a major late season collapse.

The Steelers, on the other hand, look for their fifth straight win after beating the Bengals 23-7 last week. Pittsburgh is currently one game ahead of the Ravens for first place in the AFC North, but can clinch at least a wild card spot with a win this week.

The odds makers seem to think that is exactly what will happen this week, as the current NFL odds have the Steelers favored by six-points over the Jets at home.

New York (9-4)

The Jets defense responded well from their embarrassing performance against the Patriots on Monday Night Football in Week 13, but the same can not be said for the offense.

Quarterback Mark Sanchez went just 17 of 44 for 216 yards with no touchdowns and one interceptions, giving the second year quarterback four interceptions with no touchdowns in his last two games.

While a lot of the blame lies on the quarterback, the Jets running didnít do much to help an offense that hasnít score a touchdown in two games. Shonne Green and LaDainian Tomlinson combined for just 87 yards last week against the Dolphins, and now go up against a Steelers defense that is allowing a league-low 60 yards a game on the ground.

One player who definitely hopes Sanchez can get things going, is wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who would love nothing more than to come out with a big game against his former team. Holmes however has just nine catches for 129 yards in the Jets last two games, far from his 17 catches for 246 yards and four touchdowns in Weeks 10-12.

Pittsburgh (10-3)

The Steelers offense hasnít exactly been all that impressive either. Pittsburgh has managed just two offensive touchdowns in their last three games, and has had to rely heavily on the play of their defense to help them win the last two weeks.

Ben Roethlisberger has thrown just one touchdown during the last three games, and running back Rashard Mendenhall has just 111 yards in the Steelers last two games. Mendenhall doesnít figure to be much of a factor this week against a Jets defense that is allowing just 88.5 yards a game on the ground.

Roethlisberger, on the other hand, will likely try and test the Jets secondary without starting safety Jim Leonhard, especially after what the Patriots did to this unit a couple weeks ago.

With the way the Steelers defense has been playing of late, it might not matter how the offense plays this week. Pittsburgh returned two interceptions for touchdowns against the Jets last week, and have forced nine turnovers in their last four games, including four interceptions by safety Troy Polamalu.

The Steelers are also holding opponents to just 9 points during their four game-winning streak. One key ingredient will likely be missing though, as Troy Polamalu is expected to miss the game with a leg injury.

Looking at the Odds

The Steelers defense has struggled without Polamalu on the field in the past, and I think its enough reason to take the Jets at plus-six. The Jets are 22-8 ATS off a home loss against a division rival since 1992. My final score prediction is New York 20, Pittsburgh 17.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...rk-jets-sunday

Threads : 188

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Steelers defense has struggled without Polamalu on the field in the past, and I think its enough reason to take the Jets at plus-six. The Jets are 22-8 ATS off a home loss against a division rival since 1992. My final score prediction is New York 20, Pittsburgh 17.
    F*** Jack Jones, AND his stinking prediction...........
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 164

Prediction for the Jets

"ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LMAO!!!I couldn't see the vid originally because I'm on my phone,but I knew what it was before I even clicked on it.hahaha

Threads : 691

28-10 Steelers.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information