Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Non-Roster Invitees

      
  1. #1
    jnn123's Avatar
    Status : jnn123 is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 2,954
    Threads : 197
    Last Online : Nov-10-2013 @ 11:50 AM

    Default Non-Roster Invitees

    Here's what they've announced so far:

    C Dusty Brown
    1B Jeff Clement
    3B Josh Fields
    RHP Sean Gallagher
    3B Andy Marte
    RHP Fernando Nieve
    LHP Rudy Owens
    LHP Justin Thomas
    RHP Cesar Valdez
    LHP Donnie Veal*
    LHP Justin Wilson
    RHP Tyler Yates

    *Veal will not be ready to pitch. I'm not sure about Tyler Yates.

  2. #2
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veal will not be ready to pitch. I'm not sure about Tyler Yates
    Yates should be ready to pitch.

  3. #3
    CROSSBONES's Avatar
    Status : CROSSBONES is offline
    Rank : All-Pro
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 4,412
    Threads : 215
    Last Online : Aug-15-2016 @ 06:32 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    No Milledge or Young?

  4. #4
    jnn123's Avatar
    Status : jnn123 is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 2,954
    Threads : 197
    Last Online : Nov-10-2013 @ 11:50 AM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Milledge or Young?
    Neither guy has signed a deal anywhere yet. I would assume they (and Andy LaRoche) will wind up being NRIs somewhere, though it likely won't be with the Pirates. If Milledge eventually realizes he's not getting a major league deal anywhere I wouldn't mind bringing him back on a minor league deal.

  5. #5
    jnn123's Avatar
    Status : jnn123 is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 2,954
    Threads : 197
    Last Online : Nov-10-2013 @ 11:50 AM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Add 1B/3B Garrett Atkins to the list. I think 2B/SS Corey Wimberly as well, but I haven't seen an announcement on that one.

  6. #6
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Add 1B/3B Garrett Atkins to the list. I think 2B/SS Corey Wimberly as well, but I haven't seen an announcement on that one.
    I like Wimberly pickup much better than Atkins.

  7. #7
    exNCite's Avatar
    Status : exNCite is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wall, New Jersey, United States
    Posts : 5,589
    Threads : 413
    Last Online : Jul-14-2017 @ 06:36 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Wimberly pickup much better than Atkins.
    Really? I’m surprised to hear you say that. Just another nothing move on both counts to me. Yes they need people to play at Indy, but don’t moves like this simply block younger people?

    POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

  8. #8
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I’m surprised to hear you say that. Just another nothing move on both counts to me. Yes they need people to play at Indy, but don’t moves like this simply block younger people?

    Actually they don't need players at Indy....Indy should be loaded with solid but not spectacular infield prospects.

    Wimberly can play all over the field, he can hit for average and can steal bases like a fool ......he could be a good backup player for the team. Actually I like him better then anything they have on the roster as a backup.

  9. #9
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    My guess Atkins will have an out in his contract if he doesn't make the 25 out of ST. It's obvious that NH is now in full blown throw the crap against the wall and see what sticks mode.

  10. #10
    jnn123's Avatar
    Status : jnn123 is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 2,954
    Threads : 197
    Last Online : Nov-10-2013 @ 11:50 AM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Wimberly's Twitter page is awesome (@wimboslice3). First off, he goes by Wimbo Slice. Second his bio:
    “Minor league stud 4A playa whatever u wanna call me till they let me in the door!!!!!!!”

    Then there's this:

  11. #11
    Shaker100's Avatar
    Status : Shaker100 is offline
    Rank : 3rd Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 803
    Threads : 31
    Last Online : Jul-18-2017 @ 07:26 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    The Pirates seem like they're definitely committed to platoons in RF and 1B. The competition in ST should be strong. If Atkins could somehow get it together he could be a nice complement to Overbay in a platoon facing only lefties. I'd rather see Pearce work out but there is no harm bringing in some competition.

  12. #12
    Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Status : Mister Pittsburgh is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,383
    Threads : 122
    Last Online : Apr-27-2013 @ 05:09 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaker100 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pirates seem like they're definitely committed to platoons in RF and 1B. The competition in ST should be strong. If Atkins could somehow get it together he could be a nice complement to Overbay in a platoon facing only lefties. I'd rather see Pearce work out but there is no harm bringing in some competition.
    Its one thing to have a platoon between actual MLB players. It is another to sign as many **** heels as you can then give them playing time.

    Sign some ****ing pitchers *******s!

  13. #13
    jnn123's Avatar
    Status : jnn123 is offline
    Rank : Superstar
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 2,954
    Threads : 197
    Last Online : Nov-10-2013 @ 11:50 AM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    RHP Jose Veras
    C Tony Sanchez
    OF Andrew Lambo
    C/OF Eric Fryer
    INF Chase d'Arnaud
    INF Brian Friday

  14. #14
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RHP Jose Veras...[HIGH-LIGHT]has good chance to make the club[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    C Tony Sanchez....[HIGH-LIGHT]ML camp always needs catchers, thats why he's there[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    OF Andrew Lambo....[HIGH-LIGHT]this probabaly means he starts the season at AAA and not AA[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    C/OF Eric Fryer....[HIGH-LIGHT]see Tony Sanchez...also he isn't an OF'er[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    INF Chase d'Arnaud....[HIGH-LIGHT]club must still like him a lot after an average showing last year[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    INF Brian Friday...[HIGH-LIGHT]got an invite last year, this is no surprise[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    .

  15. #15
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Non-Roster Invitees

    The Pirates also signed and invited to ST as NRI catcher Wyatt Toregas. He's just training camp fodder and AAA/AA depth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •