Thread: Ed: Polamalu 'Doesn't look Good'

Threads : 440

Default Ed: Polamalu 'Doesn't look Good'

Ed: Polamalu 'Doesn't look Good'

MONDAY, 27 DECEMBER 2010 16:06 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

No word yet on the status of Troy Polamalu for Sunday's game in Cleveland. He's missed the past two games with an injury associated with his Achilles.

However, I just talked to defensive captain James Farrior and he said this about Polamalu's chances of playing against the Browns: “It doesn’t look good, but you never know.’’

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... -look-good

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ed: Polamalu 'Doesn't look Good'

Real earth shattering news there,Ed.****ing moron.

Threads : 60

Yeah, he really went out on the limb with this one. Everyone relax. If Troy wasn't ready for the Jets, the Steelers won't allow him to go against the Browns where as he is less needed. Troy will be playing in the playoffs.

Threads : 691

I still say/hope he doesn't.

Polamalu might play Sunday
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Troy Polamalu, who has missed the past two games, will try to practice on Friday and he may return to the Steelers lineup on Sunday in Cleveland.

Coach Mike Tomlin said today that how Polamalu looks in practice Friday will determine whether he plays. He will not practice Wednesday or Thursday. Polamalu has had an Achilles-related injury.

Tomlin listed running back Mewelde Moore questionable with a sprained knee.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10362...#ixzz19QehDiPz
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still say/hope he doesn't.
    Yea... If it's not an absolute necessity, I would rather see him get some more rest before the playoffs.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 29

They better be **** sure if they do play him Sunday.

I just can't envision a scenario where we can win the SB without him.

Polamalu plans to practice Friday

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 28, 2010

The Steelers need a win in Cleveland on Sunday to ensure getting a playoff bye, so they will do everything necessary to win. That includes possibly playing safety Troy Polamalu despite his Achilles injury.

“We’re going to practice him on Friday and see where that takes us,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on Tuesday via Scout.com.

The Steelers will face Browns rookie Colt McCoy coming off his worst game as a pro. Tomlin disputed the idea that McCoy struggled last week, though.

“He really didn’t struggle. Playing against Ed Reed is something that all quarterbacks gotta learn how to do. There’s no manual for playing against Ed Reed and I’m sure it’s a lesson well-learned.”

There’s no manual for playing against Polamalu either, and that’s why the Steelers would love to get their defensive leader back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...actice-friday/

Threads : 691

I know you should never underestimate any N.F.L. opponent,especially a division rival,but if the Steelers can't beat the Browns,even without Troy.........Well.......
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you should never underestimate any N.F.L. opponent,especially a division rival,but if the Steelers can't beat the Browns,even without Troy.........Well.......

Exactly.

Polamalu a possibility for Sunday

By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

Safety Troy Polamalu missed the last two games with an ankle injury, but there is a chance he could be back on the field this week when the Steelers travel to Cleveland to take on the Browns.

“Troy is improving,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “We are going to look at him, watch him move a little bit here this week. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he can play this weekend. And if he is healthy, he will.”

Polamalu isn’t expected to practice on Wednesday or Thursday, but Tomlin is hoping he will return to practice on Friday and be evaluated then.

Running back Mewelde Moore is considered questionable at this point with a knee sprain. If he can’t play, rookie Jonathan Dwyer would be active on Sunday, but it’s too soon to rule Moore out.

Defensive end Aaron Smith isn’t expected to play against the Browns, but is making progress and there is still hope he could return for the playoffs.

“Aaron Smith is a week better. We scanned him. He is healing nicely,” said Tomlin. “Again he is pushing and lifting weights and is inching closer to practice participation and hopefully game participation here at some point.”

Tomlin also provided the following injury update: “Bryant McFadden has a hip pointer. It may limit him at the early part of the week. LaMarr Woodleyhas some swelling on his left knee, same thing there. Jason Worilds was injured in the game; he has some swelling on his knee. It may limit him during the early portions of the week. And particularly with a young guy who is limited from a practice standpoint that would put his participation in question. We will see where the week takes us in regards to him.”

Things have heated up in recent years in the rivalry between the Steelers and Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North, but that doesn’t mean it’s cooled off between the Steelers and Browns.

The two teams are separated by less than 150 miles and a road game means a team taking a bus trip, and not flying to the city.

“Anytime in the National Football League that you are getting on a bus to go play a game, man that is a pretty heated rivalry,” said Tomlin. “Not many bus trips in the National Football League. Just from a proximity standpoint, it’s unique. The history is what it is. Of course, two storied franchises, the fans. I think the close proximity and the history makes it what it is.

“I like to have a rivalry with every team we play. That’s just the nature of it. We have a rivalry versus the Ravens, versus the Bengals and the Browns, as far as I am concerned. That is just the nature of AFC North football. Their perceptions of the rivalry, I can’t control.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...b-a68715b5a139

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information