Thread: Crosby, Letang, Fleury, and Malkin voted into the All-Star Game!

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Crosby, Letang, Fleury, and Malkin voted into the All-Star Game!

****, Pens fans must have united on this one or something. 4 of the 6 chosen by the fans were Pens.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=548341

Threads : 1
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Crosby, Letang, Fleury, and Malkin voted into the All-Star Game!

best fans in nhl!!

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm impressed by this. I voted for Sid and Tanger.

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by C r o s b y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    best fans in nhl!!
    Without a doubt. Hockeytown doesn't exist anymore. It's been changed to "Hockeytahn". Kudos to Moorehouse as well for his marketing and promoting genius to build this fan base up to what it is. It's helped that we've had good teams but still.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Without a doubt. Hockeytown doesn't exist anymore. It's been changed to "Hockeytahn". Kudos to Moorehouse as well for his marketing and promoting genius to build this fan base up to what it is. It's helped that we've had good teams but still.
    I would definitely say that Penguins Nation is now every bit as big as big as Steelers Nation. You're right about Moorehouse. Yeah having a good team has helped, but I remember some pretty good teams in the 90's that didn't generate this kind of enthusiasm. Just look at the road games, and see how Pens fans travel as well as Steelers fans.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    I would definitely say that Penguins Nation is now every bit as big as big as Steelers Nation. You're right about Moorehouse. Yeah having a good team has helped, but I remember some pretty good teams in the 90's that didn't generate this kind of enthusiasm. Just look at the road games, and see how Pens fans travel as well as Steelers fans.
    Can't say I agree with this. As popular as the Pens are, the NFL still far outweighs the NHL in interest. I think you have a looooooooooong way to go to reach Steeler levels.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    Moorehouse has done a great job marketing the youth of the Pens. We didn';t really have the youth back in the 90's. They did a good job marketing Jagr to the young and females from what I remember but outside of that a lot of what we had that was good was also older until the end of the decade. Latching onto the youth base in this town that would want to associate themselves with something that was more "theirs" than their fathers "Steelers" was a good marketing move

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    Can't say I agree with this. As popular as the Pens are, the NFL still far outweighs the NHL in interest. I think you have a looooooooooong way to go to reach Steeler levels.
    I agree, the Pens fan base doesn't really come anywhere close to touchign the Steelers fan base. Part of it is hockey's popularity in general, in which you'll never see the same sort of fan response BUT it's grown. Here in Pittsburgh, you go anywhere and you are really starting to see a lot more Pens gear than ever. There's times when you go some place and see more Pens stuff than Steelers stuff. Go into stores hwoever and Steelers clothing and memorabilia greatly out numbers Pens stuff.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information