Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Farewell to Viz~

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ~Farewell to Viz~

I first met Viz on the old Trib board on the News of the Day forum. Like everyone has said, he always stood out for his quirky way of conversing, aided by his colored fonts and pictures/icons with each post.

Then we shared some good times of general bs'ing in the original Seadog. It seemed like the guy was never down. We pm'ed each other various times. I got to know his real name was Bill and I always remembered it because we joked around about it since William is my middle name. He talked about how he enjoyed doing his Vet parades etc and how he was involved with the VFW. He showed some pics of some of his parades via pm.

Then the Trib board took a dump and after some forum jumping most of us landed here. Viz never changed. He was still the guy who would always be around, ask about ya, wonder how you're doing, and treat you like you never left.

If he in real life was half as nice as he was online, then folks that knew him truly lost a great one.

I'm sure he got a good seat up there, complete with the frosty naked chick mug and the unlimited tab.

RIP Viz/Bill

Taps.

Threads : 33

I miss my good friend (Bill) mentor and teacher more than I can say.

Love you good friend from your NJ Buddy in Ridgewood NJ domnizza@netzero.com

Threads : 13

May the Lord Bless you and Keep You Close. RIP VIZ, I'll miss you!

Threads : 158
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Very sad news, RIP Viz

Threads : 27
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I must admit....I keep looking for his posts. Every one of them had a graphic attached. He must've had a million of them saved up! Anyway....I truly am saddened by this. That guy was always cool, courteous, fun, and caring. I mentioned before about how my wife and I were going through a very bad time about a year and a half ago. Viz PM'd me and offered to help me get on my feet. He was serious about it! I didn't feel right about accepting his offer. It was appreciated however. Not many will step up to help a virtual stranger. His concern for me was heartfelt and more importantly....genuine. We didn't know each other except for these forums. Like I said before, in a different post, I never forgot his generousity or advice. And I sure will never forget him now that he is gone. I wish I could've met him in the real world. However, I got to meet him in this virtual world online and I'm glad I did.

To you Viz!

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. Man, I only just saw this. Rest in peace.

Threads : 70

.... RIP Viz!!! The guy that busted my chops, on my "Jack Handy" posts:...prost
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 33

Lightbulb Re: ~Farewell to Viz~

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Keystoner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair Winds And Following Seas...
    Aweigh And Aweigh...
    For All Who Wander Are Not Lost...

Harry W. "Bill" Shanaberger, age 71, of Uniontown, PA, passed away peacefully on Friday, November 5, 2010 at home, surrounded by his loving family.

He was born on March 10, 1939 in Uniontown, PA., son of the late Harry Omer Shanaberger and Mary Catherine (Lucas) Shanaberger.

His parents preceded him in death.

Left to cherish his memory is his loving wife of 45 years, Ruth (Hunt) Shanaberger; their children: James C. " Jimmy" Shanaberger and wife Paula of Lemont Furnace, PA; W. Michael "Mike" Shanaberger and wife Kelley of Marion, OH; Toni Lynn (Shanaberger) Thomas of Uniontown, PA; eight grandchildren: Airman Andrew Shanaberger USAF and wife Brandi, stationed in Wichita, KS; Kayci Lauren Shanaberger, Noah James Shanaberger, Kailee Dawn Shanaberger, Payton Noel Shanaberger, Hannah Morgan Shanaberger, Madison Paige Thomas and Brian Scott Thomas; two great-grand-children, Jalyn Lee Shanaberger and Autumn Rose Shanaberger; a brother, James R. Shanaberger and loving companion Terry Hurst of Uniontown, PA; dear sisters-in-law: Ethel Clements and Sarah Smitley both of Uniontown, PA and Claudette Hunt of Homosassa, FL; many special nieces and nephews and their families; and many, many friends.

Before retirement, Bill was a Certified Nursing Assistant employed with LaFayette Manor Nursing Home for 31 years. He proudly served his country during the Vietnam War as a Medic with the United States Army, and was a member of Vietnam Veterans Inc. of Fayette County, where he served as Chairman of the POW/MIA Committee. He also was a member of George C. Marshall AMVETS Post 103, Hopwood and American Legion Post 51, Uniontown.
    Thank you good friend Keystoner for finding more details on Bill.
    Stay well and safe. Dom Nizza Ridgewood NJ OK to contact me at domnizza@netzero.com

Bill was a loving Husband, a devoted Father, Grandfather, and Great-Grandfather; and a friend to many.

His patriotism, love of country, and concern about the welfare of his fellow veterans will always be remembered.

Memorial contribution may be made to the National League of POW/MIA Families, 5673 Columbia Pike, Suite 100, Falls Church, VA 22041 or www.pow-miafamilies.com.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So,this is indeed confirmed??Wasn't sure.Awful news.I'll make sure to have one on you tonight,Viz.R.I.P.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Keystoner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all grieve in odd ways and in ways least expected.

Safely, through this board community, we have come to know about each others personal lives and experiences, we have shared knowledge, we have shared humor, we have offered advice and have taken the same in growing friendship.
    Very true words...

... I've been busy with some serious personal stuff and haven't been reading the board for a while...

This is truly sad news...

I honestly never knew Viz from the Trib, or never noticed some things because I came to the Trib late ('05 when I got rid of dial-up) and never varied from the Steelers talk...

... But I interacted with him several times on this board via PM's as he was setting-up his thread, and how he wanted it done, and how the name changed... He was a good man... Maybe better than alot of others, I dunno... But he does leave a lasting legacy of his thread, which will be continued (as mentioned) in his honor... The humor, banter, and free beer will continue indefinitely...

R.I.P.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1

R.I.P brother...

Threads : 6

I, too, remember Viz from the Trib days. I always liked his style and his commonsense. He was never too full of himself and gave everyone a fair shake. He was a breath of fresh air in a room full of hot air.

RIP, Viz.

Threads : 188

I did'nt know him, but Rest in Peace.....may you have the best seat in the house always..........God speed....
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 4

Dang. That is an awful shame.

I remember Viz fondly from the trib live news of the day forum.

RIP.

Threads : 60

Farewell and comfort for his family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information