Thread: Pitt interviews Bradley, but..

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pitt interviews Bradley, but..

they also interviewed Sal Sunseri. Father of starting QB Tino Sunseri.

Pitt interviews Bradley, Sunseri for head football job
    Wednesday, January 05, 2011
    By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley stands with his team during pre-game warmups prior to an away game against Michigan in October.

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley has been interviewed by Pitt for the school's vacant head football coach position, one of two meetings hee has had with university officials, sources told the Post-Gazette.

Bradley is the second known candidate to interview with Pitt this week. Sources confirmed that Alabama assistant coach Sal Sunseri also has interviewed with the school this week.

Bradley was contacted by Pitt athletic director Steve Pederson Tuesday and the two spoke about the job in an introductory manner. Bradley then met with Pederson and several other members of the University's senior adminsitration, though chancellor Mark Nordenberg was not present.

Bradley is considered a strong candidate for the position at Pitt but he is also expected to interview for the open head coaching position at Connecticut later this week.

Sunseri's son, Tino, is the quarterback of the Panthers and offered a "no comment" when he was asked about his father's potential candidacy today after practice at Birmingham Southern College.

The Panthers (7-5) are preparing for the BBVA Compass Bowl against Kentucky (6-6) on Saturday while the administration is scrambling to find a coach to replace Michael Haywood, who was fired on Jan. 1st after an arrest for domestic battery in a case involving the mother of his child.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11005...#ixzz1AClADItR

Threads : 32
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pitt interviews Bradley, but..

I always hoped Bradley would succeed Joe Paterno at PSU....I hope to hell he doesn't go to Pitt.....
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Signature by Viz...and in memory of him, Bill Shanaberger 1939-2010

Threads : 85

dear god i hope bradley gets the pitt job

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WTAE (Pittsburgh) reporting PSU defensive coordinator Tom Bradley will be the new head coach at Pittsburgh.
    Found this on Twitter
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 197

Mark Madden reported that he heard Bradley had the job right at the beginning of his show at 3 PM. When I didn't hear it anywhere else I assumed it wasn't true. Looks like he might have had a scoop.

KDKA.com is reporting that Pitt is denying that bradley or anyone is hired as head coach

Threads : 197

Here's the article from WTAE that has since been disputed:

PITTSBURGH -- Penn State defensive coordinator and assistant head coach Tom Bradley will be named the head football coach at the University of Pittsburgh, WTAE Channel 4 Action Sports' John Meyer has confirmed.

There was no indication of when the move will become official, but Meyer reported on Wednesday night that it was a done deal.

We'll send the latest Pittsburgh sports headlines to your phone or e-mail every day... just sign up here.

Bradley, a Johnstown native, has been a member of Joe Paterno's coaching staff at Penn State since 1980 and served as the Nittany Lions' defensive coordinator for the past 11 years.

Bradley will replace Mike Haywood, who was fired on New Year's Day after just two weeks on the job. Haywood was arrested Dec. 31 on a felony domestic violence charge at his home in South Bend, Ind., and has pleaded not guilty.

Haywood had been hired by athletic director Steve Pederson to replace Dave Wannstedt. Pitt accepted Wannstedt's resignation last month, following a 7-5 season that fell short of preseason expectations for a Big East championship and a BCS bowl bid.

Bradley played football at Penn State from 1975 to 1979. His father played basketball at Pitt, and his brother is the team surgeon for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    It's hard to say what to believe at this point. There have definitely been times when reports like that have been correct and the team still denied it until they were ready to make it official.

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/...itt_job_y.html

Two Penn State players said Wednesday night they have been text-messaged by Tom Bradley that he has been offered the Pittsburgh Panthers head coaching job and that he intends to accept it once details are worked out, according to a PSU team source.

To one player, Bradley texted: "Love you kids. Going to miss you. Wish I could take you with me. Anything I can do for you, let me know."

Bradley did not answer calls to his cellphone Wednesday night and his mailbox was full.

Bradley interviewed for the job on Tuesday. He did not answer calls last night. WTAE television in Pittsburgh reported earlier tonight that the deal was done. No other news source has confirmed it. A source very close to Bradley contended on Wednesday night that a deal was not yet done.

The other main candidate was believed to be Alabama linebackers coach Sal Sunseri, a former All-America linebacker for the Panthers and father of Pitt quarterback Tino Sunseri.

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark Madden reported that he heard Bradley had the job right at the beginning of his show at 3 PM. When I didn't hear it anywhere else I assumed it wasn't true. Looks like he might have had a scoop.
    That it's coming from Madden gives it about a 50/50 chance of being true. madden has little credibility

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That it's coming from Madden gives it about a 50/50 chance of being true. madden has little credibility
    thats not completely true, i always take his advice concerning matters of the stomach.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a chance for pederson to save face. I wonder If he was informed from above that Bradley is to be the next coach. Wanny for AD.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 55
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[QUOTE=ranrod7;146560]I always hoped Bradley would succeed Joe Paterno at PSU....I hope to hell he doesn't go to Pitt.....[/QUOTE]

Hey Ran...
    Please Ignore My Last F/B pm...
    Hidden Content

"PAPPY" 39~10
    ~ICP 010~

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information