Thread: Terrell Suggs: Ravens ready for battle

Threads : 691

Default Terrell Suggs: Ravens ready for battle

Round 3 of Ravens vs. Steelers is Saturday. Pro Bowl linebacker Terrell Suggs said it's more like "World War 3" to the Ravens.

On Sunday, after the Ravens beat the Kansas City Chiefs 30-7 in an AFC wild-card game, Suggs said that the divisional-round matchup between the Ravens and Steelers is "personal between the two cities, Baltimore and Pittsburgh."

This is World War 3 to us. This is definitely Armageddon.

-- Terrell Suggs

When asked to expound on his comment in an interview with "ESPN First Take" on Monday, Suggs said that for the Ravens, the matchup is taking on biblical proportions.

"This is World War 3 to us. This is definitely Armageddon," Suggs said.

The Ravens and Steelers split the two regular-season games in their bitter rivalry this season with Baltimore winning on the road 17-14 in Week 4 -- Pittsburgh's first loss -- and the Steelers winning at Baltimore 13-10 in Week 13 -- the Ravens' only loss at home this season.

Suggs said the "whole football world" is looking forward to seeing another "smash-mouth" battle between the two teams.

"We're like modern-day gladiators," he said.

Both teams finished 12-4 but the Steelers won the AFC North thanks to a better division record.

"We're very evenly matched. Two physical, fast, outstanding defenses," Suggs said. "Two very poised quarterbacks, except their quarterback [Ben Roethlisberger] may have an edge since he's got two rings, but we're working on getting Joe [Flacco] his first one this year."

AFC North blog
    ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Saturday's winner will advance to the AFC Championship Game against either the New England Patriots or New York Jets, who play on Sunday.

The Ravens are 7-3 all-time on the road in the playoffs and won't be intimidated playing in Pittsburgh for a second time this season.

"We're looking forward to walking into Heinz Field with a certain swagger," Suggs said.

Suggs said that swagger comes from the leadership of Baltimore's two longtime defensive stalwarts -- Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

"When we get on the road we get the feeling it's us against the world. We've got the whole city of Baltimore behind us, but at that moment they're not there with us," Suggs said. "It's just us guys. Us 53 men. We're just trying to get a Super Bowl ring.
    http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl...ory?id=6008150
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 60

Default Re: Terrell Suggs: Ravens ready for battle

Good, let those guys keep talking. It should prepare our teams mental toughness even better.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"We're looking forward to walking into Heinz Field with a certain swagger," Suggs said.
    Sounds good. You can walk out of Heinz Field later that night like a certain loser
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Remember that one season where after the game and butt whoppin by the Steelers they interviewed Jazz Hands and the guy talked as if he was on crack ? Ray made no sense at all and then was stupid enough to say, " our season hasn't started yet we, have a whole half season toi go. "
    Dumb siht, doesn't he know the season started week one.

It is always such delight to beat them and then hear the big mouths cry or run out the stadium not to need to eat their words. Their coach is another one that shows little character after a loss.

Threads : 26

It's one thing to get up for an important game ,it's quite another to obsess about it.Pittsburgh was very workmanlike in dismantling the stains showcasing a determination to get the job done and done properly.This game will probably be close but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers blow the ratbirds out.

Threads : 60

I hate to give the Steelers credit because everytime I start talking how good they are and we stand a chance and we match up or we will win, my words comeback to haunt me.
    I'll place the pressure on you with agreement with your outlook on the game VtSteeler.

Threads : 440

View from Baltimore: Having never beaten Steelers in the playoffs, the Ravens are ready

Tuesday, January 11, 2011
    By Jamison Hensley, The Baltimore Sun

BALTIMORE -- A trip to the AFC championship game and a shot at redemption await the Ravens in Saturday's divisional playoff game at Heinz Field.

Everyone in the Ravens locker room knows the reason they have to play at Heinz Field is because they failed to finish off their biggest rival 36 days ago.

The Ravens have since won five consecutive games -- which is currently the second-longest winning streak in the NFL -- but the players are carrying that loss with them along with a suddenly hot quarterback and an even hotter defense.

"I think it's going to be World War III," Ravens safety Dawan Landry said. "The last one left a bad taste in our mouth."

Whether it's having a first-round bye ripped from them or a championship dream squashed, Pittsburgh has become a frustrating roadblock for the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs.

The Ravens' Super Bowl title defense came to an end at Pittsburgh in the divisional playoffs in January 2002. Their championship run in coach John Harbaugh's first season was stopped by the Steelers in the AFC championship game in January 2009.

Still, the Ravens are embracing the challenge ahead.

The Ravens are currently 3 1/2-point underdogs, and that should be expected.

Five of the past six regular-season games between the Ravens and Steelers have been decided by three points, including both meetings this season.

"We know what [the Steelers are] all about, and it's going to be a tough game, but we're very confident about going there and playing against them," cornerback Chris Carr said. "And I'm sure they're very confident as well. Every single time we play them, it doesn't matter how good you play, it always seems like the game ends up being close. So hopefully, we can come in there and have a little better effort than we did in the second game."

That confidence should be brimming after the Ravens' 30-7 dismantling of the Kansas City Chiefs in Sunday's wild-card game.

The defense tied a playoff team record with five turnovers, and quarterback Joe Flacco tied an NFL record with his fourth playoff road win as a starter by putting together his most impressive postseason performance.

Four reasons the wild-card game offers hope of beating the Steelers:

• Joe Flacco's play against the blitz. Flacco had perhaps his best showing in the pocket, from stepping up to make a throw to shrugging off a defender to scrambling for extra yards. He was nearly perfect against the Chiefs' pressure, completing 4 of 5 passes for 58 yards when Kansas City blitzed a defensive back. The Chiefs' secondary blitz had held teams to the lowest completion rate in the NFL this season, according to ESPN.

• Opening up the passing game. Flacco's comfort zone has always seemed to be throwing the ball to Derrick Mason on the outside and finding Ray Rice underneath the coverage. In the wild-card game, Flacco controlled the middle of the field, completing 18 of 21 passes with two touchdowns in between the field numbers. Tight end Todd Heap and wide receiver Anquan Boldin resurfaced in a passing game that will need to carry the Ravens against the NFL's top-ranked run defense.

• Creating turnovers. Causing a handful of turnovers in the playoffs is always impressive. But the Ravens defense forced these mistakes out of a Chiefs team that had the second-fewest giveaways in the NFL.

• Discovering their finishing touch. The Ravens have struggled all season to put teams away early, losing nine leads in the fourth quarter. But they owned the fourth quarter in Sunday's wild-card game, controlling the ball for all but 68 seconds. The Ravens need to carry that same mentality into Pittsburgh, especially when you consider that both meetings have come down to plays late in the fourth quarter.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11011...#ixzz1AlhVBtd6

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I misread the thread title as "Ravens ready for Cattle". It wasn't 'til I thought "Hang on, bull buggering and swine sodomy is not news for Baltimore" that I re-read...
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I find it hard to believe that Suggs can even spell Armageddon.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it hard to believe that Suggs can even spell Armageddon.
    I find it hard to believe he could spell his own name
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it hard to believe he could spell his own name
    I heard he cheated on an IQ test and still failed.

Threads : 440

found this on a Ravens' website, they really are a classy bunch of fans:

In conclusion, fukk Ben Roethlisberger. The world would be a better place if he had died in 2006 with his australopithecine brain painted on the pavement. Fukk Hines Ward. Smiling doesn’t mean you’re not a cheap-shotting a_hole. Fukk Joey Porter, the most sensitive little b!tch to ever put on football pads. Fukk James Harrison. Go ahead and retire, you attention-whoring crybaby piece of sh!t. You’ll be replaced by some other defensive stud and spend the rest of your life not getting thanked for being the only reason the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII. Fukk Jeff Reed, who could have won the Duke Lacrosse Memorial Award for most stereotypical entitled drunk jock ******bag if he didn’t have a colossal fukkstick like Roethlisberger in the same locker room. Fukk the Terrible Towel. There’s nothing terrible about it, and I don’t appreciate the proceeds going to retarded kids. It’s like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

But most of all, fukk Steelers fans. You’re the Yankee fans of football: spoiled and unaware of what it means to love a team through actual bad times. You may be louder and more numerous, but your love for your team will never match the love I have for mine, and the hate you have for me can never match the repulsion I feel in my gut my when I see one of you overgrown cockroaches in a Steelers jersey. You’re filth. Scum. A disease of NFL fandom. I’d rather spend the next five decades unmarried and die alone of as* cancer than procreate with a permed wench in a Polamalu jersey, because I’d rather have my seed and my surname eradicated from the Earth than take the chance that my progeny would lack the basic human competency to cheer for any other football team on the planet.

Eat sh!t, get fukked by rusty concertina wire, and die.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...-2nd-seed.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information