Thread: Pittīs Baldwin, Lewis and Hynoski declare for NFL draft.

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pittīs Baldwin, Lewis and Hynoski declare for NFL draft.

[HIGH-LIGHT]A little surprised, but at the same time not.
    Both Baldwin and Lewis had down years. Although Baldwin is a little more established and Lewis still had a 1,000 yard season, although nothing as close to his freshman year. I thought Lewis may play one more season, but didnīt really think Baldwin was going to hang around. I wish them and Hynoski well.[/HIGH-LIGHT]

Three Pitt football players -- tailback Dion Lewis, receiver Jon Baldwin and fullback Henry Hynoski -- confirmed today that they are declaring for the NFL Draft and will forgo their remaining college eligibility.

Lewis, a sophomore, rushed for 2,860 yards in just two seasons at Pitt, eclipsing former standout LeSean McCoy's school record for rushing yards as a freshman and sophomore.

"After significant discussion and contemplation with my family and coaches, it is with great excitement and anticipation that I announce today that I am declaring myself eligible for this spring's NFL Draft," he said in a statement. "I want to thank the University of Pittsburgh, particularly Coach [Dave] Wannstedt and his staff, for the opportunities afforded me during the last two years. I look forward to the challenges facing me as an NFL rookie, and I believe my time here at the University of Pittsburgh under Coach Wannstedt's tutelage has prepared me extremely well for the demands awaiting me at the next level."

Baldwin, a junior and a two-time first-team All-Big East performer, finished the season with 53 catches for 822 yards and five touchdowns. His career receiving yardage total of 2,337 ranks sixth all-time at Pitt, while his receptions total of 128 ranks eighth.

"After careful consideration and discussions with my mother and father, as well as helpful information from Coach Wannstedt regarding my draft status," Baldwin said," I have decided to forego my senior season and enter the NFL Draft. I want to thank God for his blessings on my life, as well as my parents for all of their continued support. I want to also thank the University of Pittsburgh, Coach Wannstedt, Chris LaSala and the rest of the coaching staff for the opportunities and guidance they have given me in aiding my development as a student, as a player and as a person at the University. The direction they have provided throughout my three years at Pitt has prepared me for this next step in my life. I wish the University, my teammates, and fans of the program all the best in the future. I will forever be grateful to them for all they have done for me. Hail to Pitt!"

Hynoski, also a junior, was Pitt's starting fullback the past two years. He rushed 12 times this season for 33 yards and caught 25 passes for 174 yards and one touchdown

"After a long discussion with my close family members I feel that the current time is my best opportunity to fulfill my life-long dream of entering the NFL Draft," Hynoski said. "Along with information I received about my potential draft status, I will earn my degree in April in business marketing. I want to thank Coach Wannstedt, Coach Cignetti and Coach Walker for the wonderful opportunity they have given me to succeed at this outstanding university. I would also like to thank the people of Pittsburgh, as well as my hometown, for their constant support throughout my years here. I wish the best of luck to my team members and I look forward to following the future successes of the Pitt program."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11010...#ixzz1Ag7q6JkR

Threads : 197

Default Re: Pittīs Baldwin, Lewis and Hynoski declare for NFL draft.

Baldwin will likely end up somewhere in the top half of the second round. There's a chance he could end up at the end of the first with a good combine.

Lewis was told he rates as a third rounder. I think there's a chance he goes even later than that since he jumped into a fairly deep RB class.

Hynoski is probably in the conversation for best few FBs in the draft, but that doesn't mean a ton. I could see him going late. He can definitely throw some big blocks and his hands seem pretty decent.

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hmm..

At this point, Baldwin's a fringe first rounder. As of now, he's the 4th best WR in the draft, behind AJ Green, Julio Jones and Justin Blackmon of Oklahoma State. Personally, I'd take Baldwin over Blackmon, and depending on what a team is looking for in a WR, they could feel the same. I also think he could go ahead of Jones, but that's gonna take a pretty big Combine.

Right off the bat, I have him going 21st to Kansas City. The Chiefs WR core, beyond Bowe, is dreadful. Baldwin would give them one of the bigger WR core in the NFL (Bowe's 6'2) and Baldwin's hands and ability to perform in a Pro Style offense make him a plum target for them.

As for Lewis, I think this is a BAD move. Right off the bat, I think Mark Ingram will be the only HB to go in the first round. I see him going in the third.. Maybe the second at best.
    Listen Live, Every Thursday Night at 10 PM Eastern Time

Hidden Content (in progress)

Hidden Content

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pitt has a RB they recruited out of Virginia last year who is alot more talented than Lewis, although I can't remember his name. His story is similar to Michael Oher's except that he lived with his high school coach.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information