Thread: Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens
    By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Monday, January 10, 2011

The Steelers expect strong safety Troy Polamalu to play Saturday against the Ravens and coach Mike Tomlin isn’t ruling out defensive end Aaron Smith suiting up for the AFC divisional playoff game.

Smith, who will have an MRI taken this week on his left arm, has been dressing for practice but has yet to take part in drills.

He has been sidelined since partially tearing his triceps in an Oct. 24 game at Miami and almost certainly won't play against the Ravens.

But Tomlin said a decision on his availability won’t be made until after the Steelers get results from Smith's latest MRI.

“It’s been good to get him back on the field,” Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference. “I like seeing Aaron in a helmet.”

Polamalu probably won’t be in a helmet until Thursday for the Steelers’ final practice of the week.

The Steelers have been holding Polamalu, who is nursing an Achilles injury, out of their first two practices of the week. Tomlin said the Steelers will follow that schedule even though Polamalu said yesterday that he would prefer to practice

“Troy appears to be in pretty good shape,” Tomlin said.

Starting cornerback Bryant McFadden (abdomen) is expected to play Saturday, Tomlin said, though he may be limited in practice.

“I think we’ve got a pretty good bill of health,” Tomlin said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_717499.html
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

That's good news and thanks for the update. Do you guys think it was worth it to have Smith keep a roster spot to heal or should he have gone on IR and allowed another player to progress with the team ?
    Secondly. how about Max Starks and Willie Colon ? will these guys be ready for the start of next season ?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steelers healthy, ready for Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's good news and thanks for the update. Do you guys think it was worth it to have Smith keep a roster spot to heal or should he have gone on IR and allowed another player to progress with the team ?
    Secondly. how about Max Starks and Willie Colon ? will these guys be ready for the start of next season ?
    I dunno, man... Starks should be good to go next year and Colon is a RFA, so I guess we'll see what happens with that....

I said from the beginning that I was in favor of keeping Smith on the roster, so I guess we'll see if he can come back and contribute. But either way, the rest of the "supporting cast" is definitely getting the job done... Could it be better?... Sure... Can he come in after this much time off and be effective?... I dunno....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information