Ex-Steeler secures mansion's fate
By Bobby Kerlik, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Shadyside mansion owned by [HIGH-LIGHT]former Steelers center Chukky Okobi[/HIGH-LIGHT] is no longer listed for sheriff's sale, Allegheny County records show.

The mortgage dispute over the home that Okobi calls The Mansion at Maple Heights was settled last month, records show. Okobi runs a bed and breakfast out of the mansion and hosts weddings, corporate retreats and other social gatherings, according to The Mansion at Maple Heights' website.

"I knew it was never going to be an issue. Business has been good. We're already filling up wedding dates for 2012," Okobi said. "I'm dedicated to this business and I'm excited this has been put behind me."

Mortgage holder Chase Home Finance filed court action in July 2009 on the property. A foreclosure management company representing Chase sent the sheriff's office a letter Dec. 30 informing them of the settlement and asking the sale process to be discontinued. A similar request was filed in court Jan. 4.

Okobi said he was in talks with Chase and was completing a mortgage modification. He was seeking lower payments because he is no longer earning an NFL paycheck.

Okobi, who played for the Steelers from 2001-06, bought the property along Maple Heights Road for $1.6 million in 2007, county real estate records show.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_717664.html