Thread: Ward 'respects' Ed Reed

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ward 'respects' Ed Reed

Ravens-Steelers III: Ward 'respects' Ed Reed
    January, 12, 2011
    By James Walker

PITTSBURGH -- While there is plenty of bitterness involved in the AFC North rivalry between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, there is just as much mutual respect in both locker rooms.

For example, Pittsburgh veteran receiver Hines Ward discussed his respect Wednesday for Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed. Ward recently introduced Reed for the NFL's compilation of the league's 100 greatest players.

"I did that, and it was just out of respect," Ward said. "They asked if I would do a presentation on Ed Reed and I said 'Sure, why not?' We've had our battles over the years. He's hit me and I've hit him a couple times. It's always been very physical between both of us.

"But at the end of the day -- and I'm a little bias towards Troy [Polamalu] -- but he is by far, No. 1 or No. 2, the best safety in the league."

Reed pulled off an amazing feat this season. Despite starting on the physically unable to perform list and missing six games following hip surgery, Reed led the NFL with eight interceptions in 10 games. Often Reed's picks come in bunches. He had three multi-interception games this season and is the NFL's active leader in that category with 11 total.

"He's a game-changer, same thing with Troy," Ward said of Reed. "When you're playing good and you're a great player, great things just happen when you're around. [Reed] will pick up a fumble and take it to the house. A tipped pass, he will take it to the house or somebody will pitch it to him and he will take it to the house.

"Those guys just have a key knack for making plays when they need it the most, and he's right up there with Troy."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...spects-ed-reed
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ward 'respects' Ed Reed

Hines was just interviewed on ESPN's PTI....

Q. Are you friends with any Raven players during the offseason?

A. No... Not at all... I don't have Ray Lewis on speed-dial.

... The interview can be seen again at 6:30pm (eastern) today on ESPN2 when they re-air the show...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hines was just interviewed on ESPN's PTI....

Q. Are you friends with any Raven players during the offseason?

A. No... Not at all... I don't have Ray Lewis on speed-dial.

... The interview can be seen again at 6:30pm (eastern) today on ESPN2 when they re-air the show...

To me that is a dig on Ben and that shiit isn't needed by Ward and especially at this point and time of the season. There is never anytime of the season to mess with a teammate unless it's private.

Ward just needs to shut the heck up at times.

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad he gave Troy props. For a minute fez I had flashbacks of Troy tossing Ben under the bus. And I don't mean number 36............

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information