Thread: Missed roughing the qb calls

Threads : 1

Default Missed roughing the qb calls

Ok long time lurker, first time poster. During the game I saw Ben get hit in his knees twice and during the fluke fumble play Suggs basically went for Ben's helmet. I can kinda understand that since you're going for the fumble. But why do the refs let these slide. Is its cause Ben is to "hard to tackle"? Lol

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Missed roughing the qb calls

Hello and welcome!

The "hard to tackle" theory is the one expounded by analysts but I can't recall any word coming from an official source. I think a part of it is a lack of will to protect a QB that isn't one of the "Annointed Few" (Brady, Manning, Brady again...).

There have been dodgy hits on several QBs all year that have gone uncalled. Sorry if I sound cynical, but there's a reason for that - I'm cynical.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome and post more often!

The hit on Ben sadly have become status quo. Its definitely a double standard. The exact same hit Ben took to the legs, Casey got flagged for against Carson Palmer.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 1

Yea, its been like that all season. They also missed a blatant chop block to Hampton's knee during the touchdown touchdown that put the ravens up 21 to 7. It's very upsetting to see all these calls go against the steelers. If its Harrison then hes flagged for sure. I love how suggs calmed down his sack celebration after we got the lead. When he got his 3rd sack he like did a half a celebration lol.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by faytes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    during the fluke fumble play Suggs basically went for Ben's helmet.
    I thought the same thing! The football got knock out because it was in the way of Suggs giving Ben a headshot!

There was another play were Reed looked like he forearmed Mendy in the head, as he was getting up from making the tackle!

Total BS!

BTW; Welcome!

Threads : 164

Its so ironic, I am trolling Raven's boards (reading not posting) and their whining about officiating is OFF THE CHARTS.

As fans, we tend to see everytime Harrison gets held or Woodley, and they see when Suggs or Johnson get held.

But the flagrant abuse Ben takes is not a biased fan perspective...its blatant.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 49

I honestly wouldn't mind the refs not calling roughing the QB in those instances AS LONG AS THEY CALL IT LIKE THAT FOR EVERY QB. But as everyone knows that it isn't the case which makes the NFL look like the bush league it's quickly becoming.

Threads : 1817

Ben has never gotten the roughing the passer calls. Perhaps it's because he doesn't turtle like Tom Brady when he thinks he could be touched. The bottom line though is that Ben gets roughed and he was as you said roughed a couple of times in that game that went uncalled.

However, it's the responsibility of the Rooney's, Ben, Tomlin etc... to send these videos in and complain, demand meetings, explanations and it's either not happening or they have done it and Goodell is ignoring them like they ignored them over Harrison's fines to which I say to the Rooney's ... You were adamant about getting this ******bag in as Commissioner and he's done nothing but **** over your players. nice job evaluating right there. Unfortunately, the commish isn't like a GM and you can't fire him easily after a couple of years. This is a decision you need to get right originally and the NFL/owners failed miserably
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I firmly believe if you remove Ben from the Suggs FF play and replace him with Brady or Manning the flag is out the second Suggs fingertip touches their helmet. I mean its not like you can say this was a game where they pocketed their whistles and just let them play..

Just like the Indy Philly game earlier this year where the Colts got a free first down after an Eagles pass rushers hand barely grazed the back of Manning's helmet on a fly by. Certain Qbs get their own calls. Big Ben just isnt one of them.

I guess another way we could look at it was we weren't flagged for any bull**** roughing the passer the calls on any of our clean sacks. Imagine how much more furious we would all be if we not only didnt get the call on Ben, but then got penalized for something like the Ziggy sack on the last Baltimore drive. The second he crushed him I was waiting for a flag for another "landed on the QB with full weight" call or some bull**** like that. Luckily they just let a great play stand up as such. I wonder if it was Deebo on that play if it would have still gone un-penalized haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information