Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Forget How Lucky We Are To Be Steelers Fans

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Never Forget How Lucky We Are To Be Steelers Fans

Buccoray61 started a thread that got me so pumped up and excited that I rambled on and on for so long I felt it would make for a nice Article in itself. you can check out the inspiration HERE.

There are currently 32 team in the NFL. It hasn't always been that way but currently there are 32 NFL teams and there's only 1 NFL team that has won 6 Super Bowls. There's only 1 team that has shown a consistent ability during the Super Bowl era to win, to succeed more than any other in the NFL - The Pittsburgh Steelers.

Commitment to Excellence?

Al Davis might as well have based that slogan on the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Oakland Raiders might use it, but the Pittsburgh Steelers exemplify it.

America's Team?

Just a crappy catch phrase created by NFL Films that the Pittsburgh Steelers rejected and a 2nd rate NFL franchise like the Dallas Cowboys picked up. If you go to any NFL game in the United States in which the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing, you will see who the real "American's Team" is. they are the ones wearing Black and Yellow.

People complain about style points. People talk about "Steelers" football but then complain when we aren't the opposite. People want Steelers "Smash Mouth" football and then complain when they don't get an Air Coryell Offensive performance. People put so much useless time and effort into things that are so meaningless. All that ever matters is that you win your next game. All that matters is that you continue to put yourselves into situations like the AFC Championship Game and Superbowl. All that matters is that you consistently put yourself into positions to win and succeed. The Pittsburgh Steelers do this better and more than any other NFL team. There's no award for the beauty of how it's done. If there was, Dan Marino and Dan Fouts would have won 6 Superbowls each. The 2007 New England Patriots would've won that Super Bowl. Jim Kelly would have at least 2 Superbowl rings. So much effort is put into HOW games are won when the most important point is often overlooked - That the game was won. Not HOW, just that it was won. That is all that is ever important.

The Pittsburgh Steelers organization understand this more than any other in the NFL. Winning football games matters most. Whatever gets the Win is all that is important. It's not important how that win is manufactured, it only matters that the win WAS manufactured.

Come Sunday the Pittsburgh Steelers have a chance to to advance to their League leading 8th Superbowl visit to add to their already League leading 6 Superbowl Championships. How awesome is that? No other team, no other fan of another NFL team can claim that. So remember, as a fan, when you start over-analyzing the victories and every negative that came from it. When you start over-analyzing every loss, as few as they are and act like the world has come to an end, just think about the fans in Cleveland. In Baltimore. In Buffalo. While you complain about HOW the Steelers win games, those fans would be happy to just see their team win a game. They'd be happy to see their team have an ounce of the success that the Pittsburgh Steelers have. This is why it is great to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. We have what so many other fans and franchise want - Consistent Success.

It's easy to know why it is great to be a Steelers fan. It is also easy to forget how fortunate we are to have such a successful franchise and team to call our own!
    Last edited by Kipper; Oct-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Never Forget How Lucky We Are To Be Steelers Fans

Indeed, imagine being raised as a Browns or Bengals fan.

Could that be concidered child abuse?

Threads : 0

Great point! I get goose bumps just reading it!

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You are so right!

Funny thing, I grew up and still live in NW Ohio. I was destined to be a Browns or Lions fan. The smart kids around here find another team to cheer for! As a kid I was a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan. Chiefs jacket, hat, book bag, etc. lol I was the only 3rd grader at my school that liked the Chiefs in Super Bowl IV! Every other kid was picking Minnesota! Well a couple of years later my Chiefs went into Three River Stadium and got their asses handed to them by an up and coming Pittsburgh Steelers team. I mean the Steelers were blocking punts and running them back for TD's, sacking Lenny Dawson every other play! Exciting ****! From that moment on I was a Steelers fan! What the heck, I was already cheering for the Pirates, just to **** off all the Reds fans in my neighborhood! Back in those days, Dave Cash and Al Oliver were my boyz!!!

But many of my friends started cheering for the Raiders or the Cowboys or the Rams. I see their agony today!!!

People who think I'm a fairweather fan are wrong! I was on the Steelers bandwagon before they won a Super Bowl. I just loved their style! Steelers football baby! Thanks for saving me from a cesspool of Pro Football!

PS: The Penguins came along shortly after. I was a Habs fan in my youth. Hey, we could get Windsor, Channel 9 on our TV.... "Hockey Night in Canada"... that's all I knew!!!

Threads : 49

Couldn't agree more. It's a little surreal to think the Steelers are one win away from a 3rd Super Bowl in 6 years.

It's almost as surreal thinking the Jets and not the Pats are the next opponent. And the game is IN Pittsburgh. Pretty ****ing awesome.

I like to ***** about things at times (constructively, IMO) but we are lucky to have such a great team to be fans of.

Threads : 691

Thanks for the mention Kip. I do have to make a correction to my post. I said this is the 45th A.F.C. Championship game. Actually it;s the 41st The 4 Super Bowls played before the 1970 merger were the N.F.L. and A.F.L. Champions,so this makes the Steelers an even more impressive 15th appearance out of 41 games!!!
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Location : Pirates fan trapped 11 CTA stops north of Wrigley Field
    Threads : 72

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was a Habs fan in my youth.
    Bandwagoner!

GO
    HABSGO!
    Last edited by cocktailsfor2; Jan-18-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    Free your *** and your mind will follow.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Location : Pirates fan trapped 11 CTA stops north of Wrigley Field
    Threads : 72

Nicely put, Kipper. Kudos.

Free your *** and your mind will follow.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Threads : 164

Good read kip
    Old time Steeler fans know what its like to root for a bad team. FOr most of us its been relative success for most of our lifetime.

Take Pirate fans, really any under the age of 25 can't remember success...or lions fans...under the age of 60???
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Thanks for the mention Kip. I do have to make a correction to my post. I said this is the 45th A.F.C. Championship game. Actually it;s the 41st The 4 Super Bowls played before the 1970 merger were the N.F.L. and A.F.L. Champions,so this makes the Steelers an even more impressive 15th appearance out of 41 games!!!
    That would make it - Every 2.7 years that we are in the AFC Championship Game. That is ridiculous. what makes it so much better is that the Steelers accomplish this in a parity league. Even before a Cap was added the NFL operated at a good level of parity. The Steelers success is on the shoulders of their market size and abundance in payroll that other teams don';t have. the Steelers success is built on the most important aspect a Franchise can have - Good Management. It took Noll and co. until their 4th year to see the fruits of their string drafts make their impact and since then the Pittsburgh Steelers have continued to build their teams through strong drafting, scouting specific types and styles of players and building on what was begun in 1969.

Some teams have tried to imitate but none have come close to perfecting the magic touch that the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise has mastered

Threads : 29

Quote Originally Posted by bdeff View Post
    Old time Steeler fans know what its like to root for a bad team.
    Or those that lived through the 80s.

We Steelers fans are spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by bdeff View Post
    Good read kip
    Old time Steeler fans know what its like to root for a bad team. FOr most of us its been relative success for most of our lifetime.

Take Pirate fans, really any under the age of 25 can't remember success...or lions fans...under the age of 60???
    I didn't really start paying attention or grasping the sport and such until 1984-1985, so I became a fan when the team started to go through it's roughest stretch of years since the end of the 1960's. When Super Bowl XL came around for me that was MY Superbowl where I finally got see and witness what I had heard stories about for decades

Threads : 60

Excellent read Kip and I've said before, I'm blessed for being born in America, for still having my parents, kids, family and all the normal stuff that we take for granted and I do include in my prayers that I am thankful for being a Steeler fan.

We will be the first team to eventually defeat all the afc teams in the playoffs and someday defeat all the NFC teams in the Super Bowls. Unless some NFC just never make it there. Sorry Detroit.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

3rd gen Steelers fan here with 4th gen Steelers fans heh. I am thankful to get the payoff as often as we do no question.

Threads : 60

We have had a good life being a Steeler fan. Some teams think we are bad fans because we complain that we miss the playoffs, didn't win this or that but, it is our religion and when I grew up to have my way of thinking in the 70's that, the Steelers win Super Bowls and control the decades.it's hard for me to think any differently.

Today I will be placing Steeler flags at my brothers cemetery site. You see, you can't keep a good Steeler fan down !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information