Thread: Cromartie's remedy for Ward? Choke him

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Cromartie's remedy for Ward? Choke him

I posted the longer version of the story on another thread, so sorry for the redundancy. But in case you missed it..............

Cromartie's remedy for Ward? Choke him
    January, 23, 2011 Jan 239:36AM ETEmail Print Comments1 By Tim GrahamIt took a few days, but the New York Jets finally revealed a source of disdain within the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Unlike previous games, especially their divisional playoff last week against the New England Patriots, the Jets were lovey-dovey all week in their comments about their AFC Championship Game opponents.

The Steelers affectionately responded in kind.

But the Jets couldn't contain themselves forever. ESPNNewYork.com contributor Ian Begley spoke with some Jets defensive backs who delivered ominous words for Steelers receiver Hines Ward.

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie said the best remedy for dealing with Ward's reputed dirty play is to "grab [him] by the throat and choke [him]."

Jets safety Eric Smith stopped short when talking about a course of action he has in mind for Ward.

"If I finish what I said and then do what I planned on doing, I'm going to get fined," Smith said, referring to this past week's warning from the league that comments can be taken into account when punishing players for nasty hits.

Smith claimed Ward took multiple cheap shots on the Baltimore Ravens last week.

"He's out there hitting Dawan Landry in the back," Smith said. "He came across and hit Ray Lewis in the back. Ed Reed was 30 yards downfield, and he's going down and hitting him.

"It's just unnecessary things like that that make you mad as a defender."

Jets safety James Ihedigbo added: "We're going to deal with [Ward] early so he knows what type of game it's going to be, and that none of that stuff is being tolerated."
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cromartie's remedy for Ward? Choke him

Looking forward to the Jets 'choking' later today.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cromartie should worry about policing the contents of his underwear before trying to be an on-field enforcer.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 186

Quote Originally Posted by Hambert5958 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I posted the longer version of the story on another thread, so sorry for the redundancy. But in case you missed it..............

Cromartie's remedy for Ward? Choke him
    January, 23, 2011 Jan 239:36AM ETEmail Print Comments1 By Tim GrahamIt took a few days, but the New York Jets finally revealed a source of disdain within the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Unlike previous games, especially their divisional playoff last week against the New England Patriots, the Jets were lovey-dovey all week in their comments about their AFC Championship Game opponents.

The Steelers affectionately responded in kind.

But the Jets couldn't contain themselves forever. ESPNNewYork.com contributor Ian Begley spoke with some Jets defensive backs who delivered ominous words for Steelers receiver Hines Ward.

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie said the best remedy for dealing with Ward's reputed dirty play is to "grab [him] by the throat and choke [him]."

Jets safety Eric Smith stopped short when talking about a course of action he has in mind for Ward.

"If I finish what I said and then do what I planned on doing, I'm going to get fined," Smith said, referring to this past week's warning from the league that comments can be taken into account when punishing players for nasty hits.

Smith claimed Ward took multiple cheap shots on the Baltimore Ravens last week.

"He's out there hitting Dawan Landry in the back," Smith said. "He came across and hit Ray Lewis in the back. Ed Reed was 30 yards downfield, and he's going down and hitting him.

[HIGH-LIGHT]"It's just unnecessary things like that that make you mad as a defender." [/HIGH-LIGHT]

Jets safety James Ihedigbo added: "We're going to deal with [Ward] early so he knows what type of game it's going to be, and that none of that stuff is being tolerated."
    Idiots are trying to play minds games and use childish reverse psychology.
    WATCH GAMES LIVE ON LINKS BELOW

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's been good to see the very low levels of stuff being said by the Steelers' camp this week.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm amazed to see how much Ward is already in their heads. These guys just aren't ready for prime time.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 16

Its going to be awful hard to choke Hines Ward with a handful of Mike Wallace's Jersey.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Harrison View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its going to be awful hard to choke Hines Ward with a handful of Mike Wallace's Jersey.
    Now that's a good point. Pretty much sums it up.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 61

I'm so sick of listening to defensive players crying about Hines Ward. When they get flagged for hitting QB's, they all stand up for each other and throw out the "It's football!" rationale. Well, where the **** is that rationale when it comes to YOU getting jacked up by an offensive player? PLEASE! Just because you're on D, doesn't mean you can't get hit.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jets DB's are a bunch of o***** crybabies. It's no surprise that Revis isn't saying a ward. He's from Pittsburgh, grew up a Steelers fan and learned about physical football. e knows what Ward is all about.

I love all of the whining about a WR who does something completely legal yet defenders aren't used to - playing physical and blocking. A bunch of sissies.

Choke him? Are you kidding me? You sissy DB's are afraid to take a block that instead of answering with a physical brand of football you revert to sissy tactics?

Cromartie is still trying to heal is labia after the Steelers put an *** whooping on him and the Chargers in the 2008 division round
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information