Thread: Santonio

Threads : 30

Default Santonio

Looks like Santonio is soothing his behind from the ***-kicking we game them

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Threads : 440

Default Re: Santonio

Holmes upset with Jets offensive coordinator

By BRIAN LEWIS
    Last Updated: 10:29 AM, January 24, 2011

PITTSBURGH -- Santonio Holmes came back to Pittsburgh with a chance for revenge, to lead his new club past his old one en route to the Super Bowl.

But after his Jets' 24-19 AFC Championship loss, the only thing he was left with was anger -- seething over the loss, and seeming even angrier at offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

Gang Green fell behind 24-3 in the first half, before Holmes' 45-yard touchdown catch sparked a huge second-half rally that fell short. But he'd been on the bench early in the game during the Jets' slow start. When asked about it, a visibly-vexed Holmes deflected all questions to Schottenheimer.

FLYIN' AWAY: Santonio Holmes celebrates his 45-yard touchdown catch during the third quarter of the Jets' 24-19 loss to the Steelers in the AFC Championship.

"As you can see, I watched from the sideline the first couple plays, so I don't know," said Holmes.

When asked why he was on the sidelines and not in the game, Holmes replied: "Ask Coach Schottenheimer what was the reason behind that.

"Ask Coach Schottenheimer. I just had to go with the gameplan. That's the way things were called, and that's what I had to do."

When asked whether the coaching staff had given him any indication in advance that he wouldn't be in the starting lineup, Holmes said: "Ask Coach Schottenheimer what happened. He'll explain everything to you. I don't have an answer for that."

As an impending free agent, it begs the question of whether Holmes will be back. He spent four tempestuous seasons in Pittsburgh, known for making both big plays and big trouble.

Holmes, who had admitted to selling drugs in his youth in Florida, was arrested in October 2008 for possession of marijuana, and sued this March by a woman who claims he threw a glass at her in a nightclub.

Despite having caught the game-winning touchdown with 35 seconds left in the Steelers' 2008 Super Bowl victory over the Cardinals, and being named MVP of the game, the Steelers finally tired of him and dealt him to the Jets for a fifth-round pick.

After serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's drug policy, Holmes continued his big-play ways for the Jets, and he did again last night -- although it wasn't enough.

He was held without a reception in the first half. But in the third quarter he made a 16-yard first-down grab, and followed that with a 45-yard touchdown to cut the deficit to 24-10. A quick move off the line and stiff-arm sent cornerback Ike Taylor to the ground, and he beat safety Ryan Clark for a play-action touchdown. But it wasn't enough.

"I just lost a game to go to the Super Bowl. I don't have any emotions about the Steelers," said Holmes. "You can't come in someone's house and give them 24 points. That's ridiculous. That gave them the opportunity to play better defense, be calm and sit back in zone, double-team people . . . and that's what they did.

"We've got to start out playing better football, come out ready to fight. You can't come out slow, three-and-out, turn the ball over, giving these guys opportunities. We didn't play like Jets, like we were supposed to."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz1ByVFfIXX

Threads : 60

Default Re: Santonio

Did you guys see Ward flying around the field after the win like a Jet ? I loved it !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information