Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians

Threads : 413

Default Arians

Why can't I learn to accept or even like this guy? He showed a pretty good offensive comeback in the second half of the Ravens game. He gets criticized for not running the ball and then destroys the Jets with a run game. He's assembled a pretty lethal passing game with Wallace, Heath, Hines and now Brown and Sanders.

I'm giving him kudos for his march through the playoffs. I just can't seem to get the warm and fuzzies over him though. Somebody hep me, hep me please.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 12

Default Re: Arians

Why don't you ask yourself if you have any true knowledge of what it takes to call plays in the NFL.

Forget about being a fan and just accept the fact that none of us have any clue as to what goes on between the lines on a Sunday. We will criticize the play calling on both sides of the ball, but have no idea as to what the players were supposed to be doing on every play.

Just remember - the other team is paying their players to perform also.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by DBinAL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't you ask yourself if you have any true knowledge of what it takes to call plays in the NFL.

Forget about being a fan and just accept the fact that none of us have any clue as to what goes on between the lines on a Sunday. We will criticize the play calling on both sides of the ball, but have no idea as to what the players were supposed to be doing on every play.

Does this mean every OC is good ?

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by DBinAL View Post

Then what is the point of these forums?

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 9

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    Yours is not to question why....but instead to cheer lead. We won. That is all many are concerned about. Be happy...don't ask why.
    "The brotherhood that the Steelers have, their way of doing business, their way of playing football, spans decades. Their way of building teams that do not blink and players that do not shrink, well, there is nothing come-lately about it."

Threads : 60

Why can't I learn to accept or even like this guy? He showed a pretty good offensive comeback in the second half of the Ravens game. He gets criticized for not running the ball and then destroys the Jets with a run game. He's assembled a pretty lethal passing game with Wallace, Heath, Hines and now Brown and Sanders.

I'm giving him kudos for his march through the playoffs. I just can't seem to get the warm and fuzzies over him though. Somebody hep me, hep me please.

I get what your saying. Just too many times he seems like he doesn't adjust fast enough, he beats a dead horse at times or what have you. He does seem to do all right during the playoffs. I know some will say it's all about execution or what the other team will give you and I'm sure that's right too.
    I thought Arians was a horrible OC when he was with the Browns and I still think he is less than average or what have you.
    I wonder if we did bring in a new OC and his way was a spark and we did very well at the start. Our offense now knows how to play behind the eight ball, knows how to handle the most difficult obsticles. Maybe we wouldn't do any better with a better OC after all. We are so conditioned to not only fight the other team, we are very well practiced up fighting our own crap such as injuries, bad play calling, dealing with a lame OC.
    Our offense might not be able to handle an OC that has their act together.
    If a OC comes in a makes a name for himself he will probably get hired to another team. With Arians you know we will have the same guy year after year after year and so on. No one is going to take Arians away from us.
    You can always look at it that way too.
    He's so bad, he's good.

Threads : 91

It's because we watch other teams use the entire playbook and we watch our team succeed on the generic plays which suceed due to our superior offensive talent.

Maybe Arians is saving the good stuff for when our talent retires? Talk about a game plan!

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can't really say another OC would do any better until another OC comes in here and does better. We do have talent on this team but they also have a tendency to do bonehead stuff and shoot themselves in the foot. Look at what has been accomplished with an average to poor O-line. Some of the boring plays that you hate are designed with the O-line in mind. I am not saying he is the best ever but how about consistency? A genius OC is going to be hear and gone in 2 years and where does that leave you? I don't think you have to be in love with guy but the results speak for themselves.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    Yours is not to question why....but instead to cheer lead. We won. That is all many are concerned about. Be happy...don't ask why.
    Wahhhhh! Then leave. Stop being a little crybaby *****
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 164

Me, I am here for the good eats in June! By the Way tell your kin that they should expect a Primanti's from me next year if they are at the game.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Does this mean every OC is good ?
    Not at all and there are some thAt just do flat out stink. Remember Joe Walton and ray Sherman?

Arians isn't as bad as people make him out to be and to be honest I think he has gotten better since 2007. People always need something or someone to center on to ***** about. Before Arians there was the offensive line. Somewhere there's always a notch about Tomlin. I call it lazy critique. When you accept and believe everything to be black and white. Some things are that simple and some aren't.

With Arians he could be better with certain stuff and we could say that about any coach. I like Brucies offense in general. I have issues with playcallimg in strategic situations but again if we were to watch another team we would probably walk away with the se critiques

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    We won. That is all many are concerned about.
    But isn't that all that matters????

Threads : 9

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Wahhhhh! Then leave. Stop being a little crybaby *****
    Who is crying? I was just answering the question...unlike you.
    BTW - didn't I already call you a whiny little ***** in a different thread? You need some new material.
    "The brotherhood that the Steelers have, their way of doing business, their way of playing football, spans decades. Their way of building teams that do not blink and players that do not shrink, well, there is nothing come-lately about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    It's because we watch other teams use the entire playbook and we watch our team succeed on the generic plays which suceed due to our superior offensive talent.

Maybe Arians is saving the good stuff for when our talent retires? Talk about a game plan!
    I don't know about that. I've watched a ton of offenses I'm recent weeks with these offenses and have seen a lot of WTF calls and decisions. From the patriots to ravens and keys to the packers against the bears. Nome of those offenses seemed to do more offensively. Perhaps at times they were more successful on executing a certain play and such. That can come down to the timing of a playcall which toe is what seperAtes good OC's from bad and average ones

I think it's like anything or anyone that one has accepted for a while to be one way..... It takes time to reverse the view and opinion. Hell sometimes I think we just aren't willing to accept until we are absolutely sure. It's difficult to quickly change what we have been conditioned to believe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information