Thread: Will this Super Bowl actually be like a road game for the Steelers for a change?

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Will this Super Bowl actually be like a road game for the Steelers for a change?

Yes, the Steelers will be designated as the road team in this one simply because they alternate every year and it happens to be the NFC's turn to be designated the home team. But will this be a rare Super Bowl where our fans will actually be outnumbered in the stands? Green Bay's fans also travel really well like our fans do. So, there will also be a lot of Packer fans in attendance. Plus, this game is in Dallas's stadium. You know a lot of Dallas people are going to be there rooting against the Steelers. They certainly hate us more than the Packers. So, this may end up being a road like game for the Steelers in every sense of the word. They'll be designated the road team and may actually have to deal with noise on offense like a road team. If this is the case, this may turn out to be a positive for the Steelers. They're already an underdog for this game. They seem to play their best ball when dealing with any kind of adversity. Maybe this will be another "us against the world" or "band of brothers" moment for them to take advantage of? What do you guys think?

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Will this Super Bowl actually be like a road game for the Steelers for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, the Steelers will be designated as the road team in this one simply because they alternate every year and it happens to be the NFC's turn to be designated the home team. But will this be a rare Super Bowl where our fans will actually be outnumbered in the stands? Green Bay's fans also travel really well like our fans do. So, there will also be a lot of Packer fans in attendance. [HIGH-LIGHT]Plus, this game is in Dallas's stadium. You know a lot of Dallas people are going to be there rooting against the Steelers.[/HIGH-LIGHT] They certainly hate us more than the Packers. So, this may end up being a road like game for the Steelers in every sense of the word. They'll be designated the road team and may actually have to deal with noise on offense like a road team. If this is the case, this may turn out to be a positive for the Steelers. They're already an underdog for this game. They seem to play their best ball when dealing with any kind of adversity. Maybe this will be another "us against the world" or "band of brothers" moment for them to take advantage of? What do you guys think?

I don't know how many it is, but I really don't think that many tickets, if any really, get allotted to the general public of the host city. Therefore I don't think that many folks who are from Dallas will be there just because they're from Dallas.

Threads : 26

Default Re: Will this Super Bowl actually be like a road game for the Steelers for a change?

I wonder if GB will wear their green jerseys?Didn't the Steelers win the last two SB wearing white?Underdog wearing away colors-I like it.

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

VT On Mike and Mike they said Green Bay would be wearing the home green....now thats not official but thats what they said.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 60

I think nation/world wide there are more Steeler fans than Packer fans, JMHO.

Maybe the Cowgirls hate the NFC rivals more. I'll see if I can get a read on their fan sites.

Just got back from one Cowboys site. They're not really complaining about the SB being there with either the Steelers or the Packers. They want to know if Jones gets to get any of the gate money ? Can you believe that ?

You do have a couple of Steeler fans rubbing it in about our Steelers being there to enjoy their stadium. ( I think that's un-called for )

A lot of the Cowboy fans are complianing they didn't take Mendy in the draft. Saying stuff like, he's a complete back, he was the reason the first half we ruled and so on.

One tried start stuff that Mendy was talking crap on the Cowboys. Mendy in an interview was asked if he was glad he was drafted by the Steelers or will he feel something going to Dallas and knowing they didn't take him in the draft.
    Mendy's response, I'm glad I got picked by the Steelers and I have two trips to the Super Bowl.

Stupid question to even ask him.

Threads : 12

The roof will also be closed because Jerry Jones couldn't stand to have God looking down and see the Steelers playing in his 'backyard.'

No..........God will make sure he along with Art Sr. and Myron get to see the game.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information