Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This should p!$$ everyone off!

Threads : 6
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default This should p!$$ everyone off!

The Rooney Way: The Steelers, Racism, Hypocrisy, Gambling, and Cheating
    By Satchel Marquard (Contributor) on January 25, 2011

Satan Himself: This is Likely Who Dante found in the 9th Circle

After the Dallas Cowboys, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the most widely recognized pro football franchise. The Steelers are an organization with a passionate fan base (Terrible Towel), unparalleled on field success (six super bowls), and a proud history of stability (3 coaches since 1970, the fewest in the league).

One is certainly incapable of disputing the impressive on field performance of the Steelers. From Terry Bradshaw to Ben Roethlisberger-the Steelers have done nothing but achieved on the field. Off the field, the Steelers have achieved a reputation of moral rectitude that has come to define the organization. The Rooney Family, which has owned the Steelers since 1933, prides itself on its Roman Catholic roots. Art Rooney, the first owner of the Steelers and thus the first patriarch of Steeler Nation, attended Catholic High School (Duquesne Prep) and College (Georgetown). But beneath this veil rested a less than impressive background. Art Rooney founded the Steelers via winnings at the Saratoga racetracks; a shocking fact considering America's propensity to glorify Rooney as a self made Irish immigrant. Rooney was self made, but not through honest work, rather, a lucky gamble.

In the 1970s, Art Rooney ceded control of his football empire to his sons, most notably Dan Rooney. And while the organization's on field success continued in the 70s to the tune of four super bowls, the family began to engage in less than holy endeavors off the field. In particular, the Rooney Family extended its enterprises to racetracks, buying up several tracks throughout the United States. This hypocrisy (a devout Catholic does not make his living slumming at the race tracks) was regretfully unreported by the national media. Moreover, the NFL chose not to enforce its own rules, which forbade interweaving gambling and ownership interests. The NFL's decision to not investigate the Rooney's race track interests should come as no surprise. After all, Bert Bell, the former NFL Commissioner, was a personal friend of Art Rooney, and had at one point in time had a 30% stake in the Steeler organization. Thus, a precedent was established by the national media for ignoring the blatant racketeering of the Rooney family.

Dan Rooney is currently the United States Ambassador to Ireland, a final homage to his Irish Roman Catholic background. Rooney's appointment certainly places him among the cultural heads of the United States Catholic Church, amongst such persons as Martin Sheen, Herman Edwards, Martin Scorsese, and Brian Tierney (huge scumbag). But is Rooney, a man with ties to gambling, really a good figurehead for the Catholic Church? If it could be proven that Rooney supports racism, rape, domestic abuse and cheating, in addition to gambling, would it be enough to condemn him and his family?

Rooney supports racism, this is very well documented. Consider the Steelers star Quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, and former star receiver, Santonio Holmes. During the 2009 and 2010 offseasons, Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia and Lake Tahoe, Nevada respectively. Roethlisberger was said to have engaged in sexual acts in the men's bathroom at bars in these two towns, while a team of ogre bodyguards stood watch outside the door. Roethlisberger was suspended by the NFL to start the 2010 season, missing just 4 games. The Steelers embraced their quarterback, however, reinserting him into the lineup immediately in week 5. Conversely, Roethlisberger's teammate, Santonio Holmes, was traded to the New York Jets after he was accused of throwing an object at a female bar patron.

Louis Braille can see the racism here. Roethlisberger, the white superstar, is retained without question, while his african american teammate is shipped off to New York for a warm six pack. Rooney supporters will mutter "but he made the Rooney rule." This is appalling to me. If Bull Connors had a black secretary, would that mean he wasn't capable of racism? The Roethlisberger trade is a clear cut example of a white quarterback's marketability making him more desirable than a black player. Rooney proved his racism by trading Holmes, and slapping the wrist of his Caucasian quarterback.

Slapping the wrist of Roethlisberger highlights yet another way in which Rooney is an execrable person. Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault; lets be honest here folks, if Big White Ben were Big Black Ben, he would have been accused of rape and given the electric chair. The man is fat and out of shape, so he locked himself in a bathroom with an unsuspecting slut and raped her. Leaving this act unpunished seems to be the Rooney Way.

The James Harrison story is where the Rooney story reaches its conclusion. If Sammy Sosa is baseball's biggest cheater, the player who most benefit from the free wheeling roid cycles of the 1990s, then James Harrison is football's biggest cheater, the player who most benefit from the masking agents and growth hormones of the 2000s. Harrison was a fringe NFL player at best, playing special teams so little that at one point he was shipped off to audition for NFL Europe. Somewhere along the line this 72 inch man found a way to weigh 242 pounds while retaining about as much speed as any NFL middle linebacker. This is not natural. Arnold Schwarzenegger, the best body builder of all time, was 76 inches tall and weighed 230 pounds. Schwarzenegger is an admitted steroid user; Harrison is not a steroid user, that much is clear from his unparalleled weight to height ratio-he is using something even stronger.

I fault Dan Rooney and his family for allowing Harrison to blatantly cheat his way to 10 sack, 100 tackle seasons out of a 3-4 defense. These are unfathomable numbers, achieved by a mediocre football player who had access to extraordinary PED's. Harrison's on field success led the Steeler's to their 6th super bowl. In two weeks, Steeler's fans will wave their terrible towels and watch as Harrison cheats his way to the franchise's 7th super bowl. For Dan Rooney, this is fine. As long as revenue exceeds expenditures, and the Steeler's win games, its fine to cheat, rape, gamble, and be racist. This is the Rooney Way.

I curse the Rooney Way. To quote Dr. Manette in a Tale of Two Cities: "[I condmen] them and their descendants to the last of their race." The Rooney family has manipulated professional football, and its time for the NFL to put a stop to it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5695 ... d-cheating

Threads : 1632

Default Re: This should p!$$ everyone off!

o
    Last edited by Skeeter; Jan-26-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't have posted this garbage.

Nothing but a hater rant in print.
    Sorry man. But this is the crap that's out there, alot of people read it and I can guarantee you I'll here about it at work today. Yes, it's garbage, I agree.

Threads : 1632

o
    Last edited by Skeeter; Jan-26-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Threads : 26

I wonder if he wrote a piece on the Kennedy's bootleg booze empire?The guy has an agenda,sounds like a seahawk fan

Sorry, I didn't know we only discuss the good things. I live in PA and work in MD so I know I'll here about it. Not everyone lives in Wyoming. Have fun in the bubble.

Threads : 48

No I won't hear such nonsense at work, I live in Wyoming. Further I've also heard that Elvis is alive and living with a tribe of bigfoots. I don't spread that nonsense as serious news either.

Poor choice of post material... sorry.
    Relax,WY.There are people here that deem what is and what isn't "post worthy" and you're not one of them.This is a Steelers related article and even if it is pure garbage,it stays.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for the share - I sometimes enjoy the ramblings of the slightly barmy. A few of the Hate Patrol might take it on face value. Always useful to know what the opposition might be "thinking" (I use the term in its loosest sense).

I'd say this was a string of crap put together by a student (Ooooh, look! I've read "A Tale of Two Cities"!). The chap's certainly got a lot of issues and the inability to string together cogent thoughts from substantiated information is one of them.

That was a giggle to start my morning off.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    Thanks for the share - I sometimes enjoy the ramblings of the slightly barmy. A few of the Hate Patrol might take it on face value. Always useful to know what the opposition might be "thinking" (I use the term in its loosest sense).

I'd say this was a string of crap put together by a student (Ooooh, look! I've read "A Tale of Two Cities"!). The chap's certainly got a lot of issues and the inability to string together cogent thoughts from substantiated information is one of them.

That was a giggle to start my morning off.
    I obviously didn't post this as a true news article, but rather a discussion piece in a week of over hashed Super Bowl drivel.

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PS....I think he forgot to add about Troy's use of Head and Shoulders to get such a magnificent mane of hair.

So in the hierarchy of evil you have:
    1. Satan,
    2. Darth Vader,
    3. Hitler,
    4. Stalin
    and 5. Dan Rooney?
    (some experts debate the Hitler and Darth Vader Placement)
    Yeah that sounds about right!

And since this writer wanted to establish his scholarly roots using Dickens to impugn the Rooney family, I retort that this text was so biased and unabashedly flawed that he should have included an equally laughable quote from the Simpsons. "THE ROONEY'S!!! THEY WERE HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTERS!"

ED NOTE: THE original quote was, "JIMMY CARTER, HE WAS HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER!"
    Last edited by bdeff; Jan-26-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

sorry double post.

I wouldn't have posted this garbage.

Also your reference link is no good, goes to a baseball page. What's up with this trash? Please delete it instead of spreading it here.
    You need to go hit that peace pipe WY, relax a little and take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    I'd say this was a string of crap put together by a student (Ooooh, look! I've read "A Tale of Two Cities"!).
    THAT'S exactly what I thought!!!! Great minds my friend. Well your great mind and my skull full of hops and bong resin.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bdeff View Post
    PS....I think he forgot to add about Troy's use of Head and Shoulders to get such a magnificent mane of hair.

So in the hierarchy of evil you have:
    1. Satan,
    2. Darth Vader,
    3. Hitler,
    4. Stalin
    and 5. Dan Rooney?
    (some experts debate the Hitler and Darth Vader Placement)
    Yeah that sounds about right!

And since this writer wanted to establish his scholarly roots using Dickens to impugn the Rooney family, I retort that this text was so biased and unabashedly flawed that he should have included an equally laughable quote from the Simpsons. "THE ROONEY'S!!! THEY WERE HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTERS!"

ED NOTE: THE original quote was, "JIMMY CARTER, HE WAS HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER!"
    The scale of Evil...

'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

OMG RAY LEWIS IS 6'1 250!

AND VINCE WILFORK is 6'2 335

AND Casey Hampton is 6'1 and 330

ALL OF THEM ARE have unparalled height to weight ratios

Hell...I am a 6'1 and since I am getting older now around 235 (maybe 240 at Christmas time).... **** I too have unparalleled height to weight ratio and suspiciously have gotten bigger since I left high school when I was a mere I was only 195 lbs...or 215 lbs at the end of college! I too must be a PED user..

and NOW point the finger at yourself loyal reader...how many of you by this writer's keyboard have "unparalleled height to weight ratios"? How many of you are guilty of being PED users using this method??? CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!

I think I need to go to the bathroom and take a big "Satchel Marquard" to lose some of this suspicious weight right now!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information