Thread: HOME OPENER

Threads : 11

Default HOME OPENER

Who's going? It's the one game a year that's a can't miss for me. Well unless they finally have a Barry Bonds appreciation day!
    The One and Only!!!!!!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: HOME OPENER

Quote Originally Posted by VENOM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's going? It's the one game a year that's a can't miss for me. Well unless they finally have a Barry Bonds appreciation day!
    They did have a Bonds appreciation day... sort of a few years ago, they played a nice video montage and stuff.

Not going. I'll be here working the GDT. I've thought about going a few times before but always pass on it.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    They did have a Bonds appreciation day... sort of a few years ago, [HIGH-LIGHT]they played a nice video montage and stuff. [/HIGH-LIGHT]

Not going. I'll be here working the GDT. I've thought about going a few times before but always pass on it.
    Did that montage include a clip of him thowing Sid Bream out at the plate, and winning the World Series with the Pirates? Of course it didn't. **** Barry Bonds. I have NO appreciation for him at all. What the **** did he ever do for us? He wasn't even an outstanding citizen.

It amazes me that there is so much bitterness towards Terry Bradshaw and Jaromir Jagr, yet so much adoration for Barry "BALCO" Bonds. Sure Jagr went out like a total *****, and Bradshaw's nagging of Big Ben is annoying, but they've actually done something for us. Barry Bonds made himself a star in Pittsburgh, and then ditched us. He was and is a miserable *****. **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    Did that montage include a clip of him thowing Sid Bream out at the plate, and winning the World Series with the Pirates? Of course it didn't. **** Barry Bonds. I have NO appreciation for him at all. What the **** did he ever do for us? He wasn't even an outstanding citizen.

It amazes me that there is so much bitterness towards Terry Bradshaw and Jaromir Jagr, yet so much adoration for Barry "BALCO" Bonds. Sure Jagr went out like a total *****, and Bradshaw's nagging of Big Ben is annoying, but they've actually done something for us. Barry Bonds made himself a star in Pittsburgh, and then ditched us. He was and is a miserable *****. **** him.
    I don't know El Sid. The bitterness towards Jagr being a crybaby has sort of ended. There's been a pretty big demand from Pens fans every year since he's left the NHL to bring him back to the Pens. Bradshaw, the bitterness there ended a good while ago but that was on Bradshaw for being a big baby in the first place. time healed those wounds and then they disappeared when he finally came back to the city... Bonds, I don't think there's much love for him still VENOM has always had a hard on for Barroid Bonds

I don't remember what was all on the montage but I think out of the respect for the few fans there who are still heartbroken over noodle Arm Barry';s wide throw vs. 1 legged Bream, that video wasn't shown

IDK, Kipper. You're right that bitterness toward Brashay and Jagr has faded, but it does still exist. I was also at the Pirates vs. Giants game in which Bonds blasted two homeruns, and much to my dismay, a large percentage of the crowd wearing black and gold erupted into boisterous cheer.

I just get irritated as many of the people I know who hold on to their bitterness toward Terry, and Jagr also keep their raging hard ons for Bonds.

IDK, Kipper. You're right that bitterness toward Brashay and Jagr has faded, but it does still exist. I was also at the Pirates vs. Giants game in which Bonds blasted two homeruns, and much to my dismay, a large percentage of the crowd wearing black and gold erupted into boisterous cheer.

I just get irritated as many of the people I know who hold on to their bitterness toward Terry, and Jagr also keep their raging hard ons for Bonds.
    i dont doubt that there are those that still hold those feelings and beliefs. I was talking more about the mainstream. I don't really see the mainstream backlash that there once was, nor do I see a mainstream embrace of Barroid Bonds. I think there will always be some people that stick to their displeasures or (refuse to change and let go)

AWWWWWW Jesus SID!!!! Did you even watch that game??? If Chico Lind catches that routine grounder that he "Buckner'ed" Barry never has to throw anything, but his hat in the air in celebration. Everyone needs to place that blame in the right place!!!
    The One and Only!!!!!!

AWWWWWW Jesus SID!!!! Did you even watch that game??? If Chico Lind catches that routine grounder that he "Buckner'ed" Barry never has to throw anything, but his hat in the air in celebration. Everyone needs to place that blame in the right place!!!
    If every player hits a homerun at every AB and doug Drabek throws a perfect game, we win too.

Problem here is that Jose Lind was an average infielder and Barry Bonds was an all-Star MVP on the brink of being the highest paid player in the league who did dick Offensively in the entire playoffs.

bonds had a play to make with the game on the line and he choked. so did Lind but Barry Bonds was supposed to be worlds better than Jose Lind, right?

Threads : 215

I have seen Bonds booed loudly and Bonilla cheered loudly. I remember the write up about Bonilla bragging to his teammates that he was escaping the Burgh for the big money. In my opinion he was never as good as he was in Pittsburgh. Bonds on the other hand, was a star for many more years! Yes it was a time of steroids.........Let's forget it and move on, except his throw sucked! **** Chico pervert was looking at some blonde in the stands, thinking about after the game delights, when that grounder came at him. As the story goes, and I am only repeating a story heard in a bar. She blew him off, not blew him, and he went about his merry way and sucked blow and got caught jacking off, in a car, at a red light. Lind truely was the culprit and he exposed Bonds' attention deficit syndrome at a crucial moment in Pittsburgh sports history.

Is there an e on the end of that lazy, pervert, snow blowing Lind?
    Last edited by CROSSBONES; Jan-29-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: can't type for shit!

Threads : 215

By the way, I could end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    I have seen Bonds booed loudly and Bonilla cheered loudly. I remember the write up about Bonilla bragging to his teammates that he was escaping the Burgh for the big money. In my opinion he was never as good as he was in Pittsburgh. Bonds on the other hand, was a star for many more years! Yes it was a time of steroids.........Let's forget it and move on, except his throw sucked! **** Chico pervert was looking at some blonde in the stands, thinking about after the game delights, when that grounder came at him. As the story goes, and I am only repeating a story heard in a bar. She blew him off, not blew him, and he went about his merry way and sucked blow and got caught jacking off, in a car, at a red light. Lind truely was the culprit and he exposed Bonds' attention deficit syndrome at a crucial moment in Pittsburgh sports history.

Is there an e on the end of that lazy, pervert, snow blowing Lind?
    Exposed Bonds' attention deficit syndrome, poor throwing accuracy and arm strength

Threads : 18

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    got caught jacking off, in a car, at a red light
    I always heard he got busted in some abandoned parking lot passed out...without his pants, on him or anywhere in the car...your version doesn't sound nearly as fun...

Also, at the time, I was unaware of Lind's off field problems. I didn't realize what a dick he was.

Barry Bonds was much more visibly a miserable dick. It's the one reason I could never bring myself to really like him even when he was blasting homers in a Pirates uniform. I had posters of Bobby Bonilla and Andy Van Slyke. I had starting linup figures of Van Slyke, Bonilla, Bob Walk, **** I even had one of Sid Bream, but I could never bring myself to get a Bonds.

I remember even going as far as to NOT chase a Barry Bonds foul ball that came near me one night in a game vs. the Phillies. My grandfather couldn't believe how I just let it go.

BTW, even if I did hold a grudge against Chico as well (because you're not wrong,) you didn't mention anything about "Chico Lind" appreciation night. This was about BONDS.

I personally think it was a comment you made just to stir the pot so I almost let it go. I said "**** it," and gave my opinion anyway.

Ultimately, there is PLENTY of blame to go around. But, as Kipper said, Bonds was the all star on the verge of a huge pay raise. He retired without having ever gotten a championship ring. A true team leader and champion knows how to get it done.
    Last edited by El Sid; Jan-31-2011 at 12:53 PM.

I posted Bonds because I always get heat for defending him. I just can't stand the fact that he takes 90% of the heat for what 75% of baseball was doing at the time. And there's a ton of Hall of Famers without Championships. By the way I'll be the drunk guy in the Bonds Jersey tailgating and trying to pick up Timyka Artist
    in the small lot behind home plate.
    The One and Only!!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information