Thread: Texas facing stripper shortage as Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV draws near

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Texas facing stripper shortage as Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV draws near

Strip clubs surrounding Cowboys Stadium in Texas, where the Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV match-up will take place, have said they are facing a stripper shortage.

According to TMZ.com, some strip clubs said they are looking for an additional 10,000 girls to entertain the overwhelming crowds, with Arlington city officials saying they are expecting 300,000 visitors.

John Walsh, the manager of one local strip club, Showtime Cabaret, said he is looking for another 100-120 dancers that week.

"I mean we're not just hiring anyone. They have to meet the right criteria," the New York Daily News quoted one woman who answered the phone at the club as saying.

At the Clubhouse in Dallas, a manager, who declined to give his name, said he is expecting increased traffic and is willing to hire additional women who come in - but doesn't have a blank check for new employees.

The club, he said, is planning to show the Super Bowl and provide a buffet to fans coming down to the area.

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/20...ing-super-bowl

Well, I'm glad they have some hiring standards! Amazing the stories you can find in the days leading up to the big game!
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 215

Default Re: Texas facing stripper shortage as Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV draws near

I just asked my wife if she was interested.......................She declined.

Default Re: Texas facing stripper shortage as Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV draws near

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just asked my wife if she was interested.......................She declined.
    ..................I'd ask my wife but I know she'd hit me.....I hate pain.....
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 1817

This is the first time I've ever heard of desperation for strippers. Only in Texas Actually the Fort-Worth area is supposedly nice. Wife down there a few years back on a business trip and said that it was a lot of relocated northerners... Maybe they need to import more strippers from Michigan?
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 126

Quote Originally Posted by Hambert5958 View Post
    ..................I'd ask my wife but I know she'd hit me.....I hate pain.....
    Just tell her that you're paying her a compliment by asking her that! Just say, "Hey honey, there's a stripper shortage in Texas for the Super Bowl. You have a hot body, you want to give it a try?" I guarantee saying this will get you laid tonight! Unless you don't want to get laid. If that's the case, say nothing then.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Threads : 16
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe some of the Green Bay girls can fill in. The club owners would love it. Since none of the GB girls have teeth the club owners wont be on the hook for a dental plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    Just tell her that you're paying her a compliment by asking her that! Just say, "Hey honey, there's a stripper shortage in Texas for the Super Bowl. You have a hot body, you want to give it a try?" I guarantee saying this will get you laid tonight! Unless you don't want to get laid. If that's the case, say nothing then.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk
    LOL!!! Wifey stays in pretty good shape, so no problem there......but the converstion would go like this:
    Hambert: Hey Hun, the Super Bowl is in Dallas and they're having a stripper shortage.
    Wifey: What....?
    Hambert: Well, I was thinkin', with your hot body and all, why don't you go give it a try?
    Wife: Yeah right, you're such a clown....like you'd be OK with me dancing nude in front of complete strangers?
    Hambert: Huh, if you don't mind me watching your co-workers.........

Whack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hambert5958; Jan-29-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Harrison View Post
    Maybe some of the Green Bay girls can fill in. The club owners would love it. Since none of the GB girls have teeth the club owners wont be on the hook for a dental plan.

Afterwards have a back room and offer $20 buck deals to have your skin flute gummed by a PAckers girl
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 440

first a stripper shortage and now a possible Iron City beer shortage? what is this world coming to?

Iron City stockpile blitzed

By Bob Bauder, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Saturday, January 29, 2011

The youngest fans
    Justin Merriman | Tribune-Review

Stephanie Sanchez is having nightmares about Iron City Beer.

"I get so many calls every day about Iron City that they're haunting me," said Sanchez, secretary for El Dorado Distributing in Signal Hill, Calif., near Long Beach. Dozens of calls come in daily from customers wanting the iconic Pittsburgh beer now brewed in Latrobe.

"Sales have tripled, easy," said El Dorado President Dan Root. "Monday morning, we came in and there were tons of messages from fans of the beer and fans of the Steelers, asking where can they find it. We have people coming in from Northern California to pick it up. A lot of our retailers that have a license to ship it to other states are selling it like crazy."

Timothy Hickman, president of Iron City Brewing Co., said sales typically increase during football season. Sales spike when the Steelers make the playoffs. A Steelers Super Bowl appearance is a boon for the company. When the team made it two years ago, sales increased 12 percent, Hickman said.

He said tallies aren't in for this year, but sales are up in the company's core area (180 miles around Pittsburgh) and in the 19 states where Iron City products are distributed, more than a week before the Steelers face the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV.

"Iron City and Pittsburgh football go back a long way," he said. "When the Steelers do well, we experience an uptick in the sales of our product. One of the things we've seen is as the Pittsburgh nation expands, so does Iron City."

Hickman said some shortages exist in the company's outer market, including California, but there is plenty of Iron available. The company upped production for the Super Bowl, he said.

Since the playoffs started, people have been showing up at the El Dorado warehouse and knocking on the office door, hoping for some Iron to sip during the big game in Dallas, Root said. El Dorado can sell only to retailers, but the retailers are starting to run out.

Root said he has four pallets with 60 cases each left in the warehouse. He won't be able to get more until mid-February.

Joe Vranich of Irvine, Calif., said he's been drinking Iron City since leaving Pittsburgh in 1970. He's planning a Super Bowl party and said he was fortunate to do his beer shopping early. Only eight six packs remained at his local beer store. He took five.

"The clerk said I was lucky to get it, because they would probably be running out," Vranich said. "Knowing how loyal Pittsburghers are, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a run on this beer."

The beer is selling well in its core market, according to local distributors.

Ken Vecenie, owner of Vecenie Distributing Co. in Millvale, a master Iron City distributor, said sales are up about 20 percent over this time last year.

"If the Steelers are in the playoffs, business is good after the holidays, where traditionally you see a fall-off," he said. "Go Steelers!"

People heading to the Super Bowl would be wise to take Iron City with them. The beer is not distributed in Texas.

"We've had people calling all week, asking if we had Iron City," said Mike Quinn, owner of Malarkey's Tavern, a Steelers bar in Dallas. "We just can't sell it."

Read more: Iron City stockpile blitzed - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1CSQOeAvE

Hines Ward, Steelers visit local strip club

By Gromer Jeffers Jr. / Reporter
    gjeffers@dallasnews.com
    10:50 PM on Mon., Jan. 31, 2011

It didn't take long for the Pittsburgh Steelers to sample some of the adult entertainment Dallas has to offer.

Late Monday night, hours after they arrived here, Hines Ward, Ike Taylor and several other members of the Pittsburgh Steelers kicked it at Dallas Gentlemen's Club on Northwest Highway in Dallas.

A number of other pro athletes were there as well.

When Ward and his teammates entered the club, super hot dancers converged on them. They spent a few minutes in the VIP at the back of the club. But as the music pumped and the bootylicious women strode across the four stages, the Steelers huddled in the front corner of the club for closer looks.

Ward, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, danced with a couple of strippers. At one point, he tossed out dollars as various hotties gave him lap dances. Other Steelers joined him in the fun.

At one point, near midnight, the Steelers, including huge linemen, appeared on the main stage., There they posed and danced with an assortment of strippers. After all, it was "make it rain Monday" at the club. And some of the players certainly made it rain with their dollar bills.

The disc jockey said that Green Bay Packer players were on the way, but I didn't spot any at the club.

One large man wearing a green outfit with an Oakland As cap drank Moet out of the bottle.

I asked him was he wearing Packer green?

"I'm wearing money green," he said.

http://superbowlblog.dallasnews.com/...strip-clu.html

Threads : 91

Maybe the Browns players wives would volunteer? Oh.....wait......he said strippers not *** dumpsters

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Maybe the Browns players wives would volunteer? Oh.....wait......he said strippers not *** dumpsters

they applied but for some reason didn't get hired...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information