Thread: It's Officially Super Bowl WEEK! The Training Begins!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default It's Officially Super Bowl WEEK! The Training Begins!

It is officially the Monday before Super Bowl Sunday where the Pittsburgh Steelers face the favorites from Wisconsin - the Green Bay Packers. Right now is the beginning of the tale of the underdog team from Pittsburgh that has been crowned Champion twice in the last 6 seasons. A tale about a team that has risen to the occasion and beat all of the odds, won on the biggest stage (twice) and earned their hardware. A tale of a team facing off against a team that the media believes is unstoppable. A team with a Quarterback too good for the Pittsburgh Steelers to hold back. A team with a Defense too good for the Pittsburgh Steelers Offense to overcome. It's a story of 2 Long-haired Defensive players that are considered the best at their positions facing off.

Ultimately this is the start of the week where the underdogs prepare for battle against great odds. Where the underdog Pittsburgh Steelers start their training in preparation to defeat the opponent that the media says can't be beaten. It's the start of the mental and physical preparations for that lone battle Sunday, February 5th. The mental draining that comes from the newspaper and video clippings of the press and media telling you why you can't win, why you are the underdog.

Today marks the start of the training ..

When that training is complete by weeks end and final tweaks are made for the game plan, this week worth of mental focus, mental preparations will be meaningful. For there is but just ONE game to be played, not a Best of 7. It's that one game that the Pittsburgh Steelers will need to bring their best game both mentally and physically.

The Grand Prize awaits. Lombardi Trophy #7 for the Pittsburgh Steelers. There needs to be a no holds barred mentality, the bigger desire to be the best against the opponent that the media doesn't believe you can beat. The opponent that the Odds Makers deemed "better than you".

This is just the start of a long week, moved by the media agitating the fan bases, the articles, the interviews, the over-saturation of all and any information that can be taken. A long travel on that big rig to the battle stage in Dallas because ... In the end there can be only ONE winner. There can only be ONE Champion. One Trophy. One Ring. You want it, you have to win it. Today marks the start of that week where 2 teams begin to fulfill this dream, where the winner Takes It all......

Last edited by Kipper; Feb-27-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: It's Officially Super Bowl WEEK! The Training Begins!

As an aside, everytime I watch that Rocky 4 montage I feel like I could run through a brick wall for someone.

On a semi-related note, let's party:

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vandelay industries View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As an aside, everytime I watch that Rocky 4 montage I feel like I could run through a brick wall for someone.

On a semi-related note, let's party:

The Training Montage from Rocky IV is so bad ***.

Nobody wrote, made and acted in a movie the "Underdog Role" like Sylvester Stallone. Underdog in Rocky IV, underdog in Over the Top with his son, against the father in-law and against Bull Harley.

I liked the correlation between the Steelers and these characters right now.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Training Montage from Rocky IV is so bad ***.

Nobody wrote, made and acted in a movie the "Underdog Role" like Sylvester Stallone. Underdog in Rocky IV, [HIGH-LIGHT]underdog in Over the Top with his son[/HIGH-LIGHT], against the father in-law and against Bull Harley.

I liked the correlation between the Steelers and these characters right now.

I hate Michael Cutler Hawk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information