Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godell throws Ben under the bus

Threads : 30

Default Godell throws Ben under the bus

Goodell says some Steelers didn't back Big Ben

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...e=HP_headlines

I think this is poor timing for the Comissioner of the NFL to throw a player under the bus at this time. I was trying to believe the NFL was trying to be fair with the Steelers. But It just goes to show how much the NFL seems to be against the Steelers by opening up old wounds and divide the team.

I think this should motivate the team to take the "us against the world" mentality and beat the crap out of the Packers.

It would be great to see Godell have to hand the Lombardi trophy to the Steelers again while he grits his teeth and smiles for the cameras at our victory.

Threads : 60

Default Re: Godell throws Ben under the bus

I'll say it was bad timing and your being pretty good with your chioce of words. It was a screwing from Goodell to Ben and the team. One thing, it didn't need to have been said at any point. If Goodell has felt Ben has served his punishment or what have you then, Goodell should have just said, that is a closed chapter and time to move on. (Something to that degree)

Just when I didn't think I could have any less respect for the guy, he found a way to be even more of a rat.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Clearly he has a vendetta.

Goodell's an idiot, they way he's trying to run the NFL into the ground is tantamount to this guy's credibility.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

... Goodell is a tool....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 49

What a 1st class turd. Why even say what he said? Especially this week?

Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the NFL ever. He's an egomaniac but at the same incompetent and dumb. A pretty dangerous combination for a guy in his position. And we as fans get to enjoy it.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the NFL ever. He's an egomaniac but at the same incompetent and dumb. A pretty dangerous combination for a guy in his position. And we as fans get to enjoy it.
    ... And maybe we should also question Dan Rooney for fully supporting him and helping to get him into this position...

(disclaimer: I am not bashing the Rooney organization whatsoever, but merely stirring the pot on a slow Monday night...)
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that there's an awful lot of political jockeying been (and still possibly being) played out.

There's so much crap being thrown about, not just this season generally, but it feels like it's kicking in during this Super Bowl run-up, I can't help but be suspicious. I'm just like that.

I see firstly, Ben's precedent-setting punishment as a way to try to inhibit our progress. When that didn't work, Goodell bunched his lingerie and went on his flag-football promotion campaign to make our D second-guess their play. That seemed to be adapted to and so now he spouts forth at a most inopportune moment that could be construed as trying to psychologically disrupt our pre-Super Bowl preparations.

Maybe I'm seeing shadows that aren't really there (pass the tin foil hat!) but that's an awful lot of coincidence that involves Goodell and negatively impacts us this season.

I really want us to make him eat it and hand Ben the Lombardi on Sunday night.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    ... And maybe we should also question Dan Rooney for fully supporting him and helping to get him into this position...

(disclaimer: I am not bashing the Rooney organization whatsoever, but merely stirring the pot on a slow Monday night...)
    I wonder if Rooney is regretting that now? Survey says yes.

Seriously, does Goodell have a personal vendetta against Ben and the Steelers or what the hell is going on here? Or is this Goodell's way of defending his questionable (and hypocritical) suspension of Ben?

For a guy in his position he sure seems to act very immaturely when defending decisions he's made when dealing with the media. I'm starting to think that he knows he's in over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    **** YES. I've been pumped up for this game ever since last Sunday night. It's crazy, every day feels like a gameday for me leading up to this game. Gotta bring back #7. Hoisting the trophy in front of D-bag Goodell will be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, the comments along with the timing of this is beneath pond scum. And to what purpose?

Threads : 60

Goodell throws Ben under the bus. It's for sure Goodell has never thrown a football.

Threads : 182

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    What a 1st class turd. Why even say what he said? Especially this week?

I would first blame Roger for mouthing this stuff to Peter King. So much for the trust level of future investigations...what a Jerk Roger is. I thought this stuff would be kept in Rogers mind. You can tell he does not want the steelers winning the game. No integrity why would he blab his mouth to Peter King and secondly and equallly important why does King have to write this stuff. Just absurb. I think Tomlin today said it best everyone falls short of being perfect and we are all supportive of each other. Thanks for nothing Roger and Peter.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doc21 View Post
    Goodell says some Steelers didn't back Big Ben

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...e=HP_headlines

I think this is poor timing for the Comissioner of the NFL to throw a player under the bus at this time. I was trying to believe the NFL was trying to be fair with the Steelers. But It just goes to show how much the NFL seems to be against the Steelers by opening up old wounds and divide the team.

I think this should motivate the team to take the "us against the world" mentality and beat the crap out of the Packers.

It would be great to see Godell have to hand the Lombardi trophy to the Steelers again while he grits his teeth and smiles for the cameras at our victory.
    while I feel Goodell is a ********...not sure if he is throwing Ben under the bus at this particular time...reading the article...I hold others accountable for the timely release of his comments ..made at another time...not today...not yesterday.....sounds like King leaked some ****...and they posted it.

"An investigation into Roethlisberger's situation led Goodell to interview "I bet two dozen (Steelers) players," [HIGH-LIGHT]he told King, who's working on a long story about the commissioner and didn't say exactly when the comments were made."[/HIGH-LIGHT]

Threads : 182

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    I think that there's an awful lot of political jockeying been (and still possibly being) played out.

There's so much crap being thrown about, not just this season generally, but it feels like it's kicking in during this Super Bowl run-up, I can't help but be suspicious. I'm just like that.

I see firstly, Ben's precedent-setting punishment as a way to try to inhibit our progress. When that didn't work, Goodell bunched his lingerie and went on his flag-football promotion campaign to make our D second-guess their play. That seemed to be adapted to and so now he spouts forth at a most inopportune moment that could be construed as trying to psychologically disrupt our pre-Super Bowl preparations.

Maybe I'm seeing shadows that aren't really there (pass the tin foil hat!) but that's an awful lot of coincidence that involves Goodell and negatively impacts us this season.

I tend to agree with you on all points. I often wonder if the story is not done yet ...and this game is part of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    I would first blame Roger for mouthing this stuff to Peter King. So much for the trust level of future investigations...what a Jerk Roger is. I thought this stuff would be kept in Rogers mind. You can tell he does not want the steelers winning the game. No integrity why would he blab his mouth to Peter King and secondly and equallly important why does King have to write this stuff. Just absurb. I think Tomlin today said it best everyone falls short of being perfect and we are all supportive of each other. Thanks for nothing Roger and Peter.
    Yep, it's beyond immature and classless to be saying that in public to the media. I mean, what the hell is going on here? What's the purpose? Hmmm...I wonder? It's embarrassing that this guy is commissioner of the NFL. Immature, incompetent, etc.

It'd be one thing if this was an "anonymous source" somewhere in the NFL that King got this from but it's the ****ing commissioner of the NFL!! What a joke. No way would D-bag Goodell be saying this about any other marquee QB in the NFL (See the Favre situation).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information