Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification: Goodell on Roethlisberger sanction ..**** you Peter King

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Clarification: Goodell on Roethlisberger sanction ..**** you Peter King

Clarification: Goodell on Roethlisberger sanction

By Peter King, SI.com

DALLAS -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell talked to an estimated two dozen NFL players, and not two dozen Steelers players, before reaching his disciplinary conclusion on Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in 2010.

This is an important clarification of something I wrote in my "Monday Morning Quarterback'' column. I erred in inserting the parenthetical "Steelers'' in a quote by Goodell, which was an incorrect assumption on my part.

In a Jan. 7 interview for a larger profile on Goodell for this week's issue of Sports Illustrated, Goodell was talking about his deliberations for the Roethlisberger sanctions last year, when the Pittsburgh quarterback was accused of sexual misconduct in connection with an incident at a Georgia bar. Goodell said when he was investigating what to do with Roethlisberger, he talked to "I bet two dozen players ... Not one, not a single player, went to his defense. It wasn't personal in a sense, but all kinds of stories like, 'He won't sign my jersey.' ''

I inserted the word "Steelers'' in parentheses, though Goodell had not told me specifically he meant to refer to two dozen Steelers players.

My question prior to his answer referred to the "many people I know in Pittsburgh'' who "want him on the Steelers.'' I thought Goodell was referring to speaking with two dozen Steelers. He clarified late Monday that he was not referring to the Steelers specifically.

I regret the error.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ion/index.html

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1Cg3gxBzv

Default Re: Clarification: Goodell on Roethlisberger sanction ..**** you Peter King

and **** you SI

Threads : 197

Default Re: Clarification: Goodell on Roethlisberger sanction ..**** you Peter King

That's a ridiculous error to make.

Goodell's quote still doesn't make any sense to me. He says it wasn't personal, but it was for reasons like they were upset he wouldn't sign jerseys for them. How is that not personal?

Threads : 182

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a ridiculous error to make.

Goodell's quote still doesn't make any sense to me. He says it wasn't personal, but it was for reasons like they were upset he wouldn't sign jerseys for them. How is that not personal?
    I've lost a lot of respect for Peter King why would you assume something when you write a story that is so bogus

how many players ever come to any other players defense on any legal issues...I don't recall anyone going to bat for Brett taking pics of his dick on his cell phone?

I sure hope ******** King enjoys his week in Dallas now....hahahahahaha

Location : Pirates fan trapped 11 CTA stops north of Wrigley Field
    Threads : 72
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IOW,

"I am a big fat stupid ******nozzle who is too ****ing lazy to get my **** straight, but it's great that it got printed during Super Bowl week, so people will think I have 'insider info,' when, in REALITY, I am an irrelevant ****-for-brains."
    -- P. King

(this does not mean that Goodell is NOT a giant ****ing hosebag, by any means.)

Last edited by cocktailsfor2; Jan-31-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Free your *** and your mind will follow.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Threads : 49

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    I've lost a lot of respect for Peter King why would you assume something when you write a story that is so bogus
    You really shouldn't have had much respect for him in the first place.

The guy basically admitted that he only watches a couple games a week or some ridiculous ****. Hey, King, all you do is write about football, you have no other job and yet you can't find the time to actually watch and be informed about the actual topic that you're writing about??

Threads : 16

I have never liked Peter King. But now I hate the ****er!!! At some point some of these idiots who put garbage out there that is proven to be untrue need to lose their jobs. What good is an apology? The damage is already done.

Threads : 5

Does anyone here listen to the Sirius NFL in the morning? As I travel to hour (over an hour drive), I'll listen to the NFL Sirius. As soon as I hear his voice, I immediately change the channel.

The sad thing is, the other hosts (Ross Tucker, Bob Pappa, Marty Schotenheimer, etc.) are generally good hosts and bring good ideas with them when they are on the air. King just likes to hear himself talk and it's generally not football related. When he does talk football, he's usually fellating (sp?) Brady, Kraft, Goodell, etc.

Threads : 1817

King shouldn't have assumed, thats how **** like this happens. To his credit he did put Steelers in quotes and to anyone with a 5th grade reading level comprehension, one should understand what he meants by that.

I still don't entirely blame King. This is his job. Let me repeat this once more.. This is his job. We don't have to like what his job is or how he does his job. I don't like how he does his job but this is what he's paid to do. He's paid to report things, report news and that is what this is. What King should've done was relay the message exactly how it was than assume. Everytime one assumes, they screw it up. For that.

... Roger Goodell

In the end, Roger Goodell has no ****ng business releasing this information to any media figure. He did it with full intensions of this coming out in the public and one he puts it out there he has to know that it is up to the media in regards to when they want to use this stuff.

Roger Goodell is simply an incompetent sack of **** trying to stir **** and as it has been this season, has seemed to be relentlessly tryng to throw a wrench into the Steelers ability for success this year
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 91

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    My guess is because that is what Goodell inferred.........but he ain't backin up for nobody!

Threads : 70

Goodell Sucks. Wonder if Rooney(headed the search for a new commish)regrets touting this egomaniac. He's giving Gary Betman and Bud Selig a run for their money for biggest D*ckhead.

1. Hope the Steelers win Super Bowl 45
    2. Hope either Roethlisberger or James Harrison are MVP.....or bet yet, Co-MVPs
    Last edited by DrKnow; Feb-01-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Goodel...Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    My guess is because that is what Goodell inferred.........but he ain't backin up for nobody!
    Yup thats what im thinking. I think Goodell is back pedalling. What type of credibility does Goodell really haveto suggest we should take him at his word when his word here makes no sense?

Brett Keisel has already admitted that Goodell asked him questions I believe. I mean, it's there

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post

Goodel Sucks. Wonder if Rooney(headed the search for a new commish)regrets touting this egomaniac. He's giving Gary Betman and Bud Selig a run for their money for biggest D*ckhead.

1. Hope the Steelers win Super Bowl 45
    2. Hope either Roethlisberger or James Harrison are MVP.....or bet yet, Co-MVPs
    Whats wrong with Bettman for the most part? He saved a league from going down the toilet to large markets and has been righting the wrongs he created. I'd love for Goodell to be halgf as competent as Bettman.

Selig .. goodell and Selig are one of the same. Both sweep up huge storylines that involve cheating, problem is that Goodell sucks even worse because he's gone beyond just Spygate in ****ing up, Selig looks competent next to Goodell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information