Thread: Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen'

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen'

Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen'

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Read more: Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1CocFlNBw

ARLINGTON, Texas If Maurkice Pouncey isn't playing in the Super Bowl, the only one who doesn't know may be Pouncey himself.

Talking extensively for the first time since injuring his left ankle during the AFC Championship Game, the rookie center said Tuesday "there's a real good chance" he will be ready to play at the end of the week. The majority of his teammates and coaches are moving forward like Pouncey already has been ruled out.

"Don't give up on me yet," said Pouncey, who also said his injury is a high ankle sprain -- not a broken bone.

Pouncey, who had a hard cast removed Monday and walked without crutches for the first time yesterday, said he felt surprisingly good. He plans to ride a stationary bike and get some pool work in before testing the ankle during Friday's practice.

A high ankle sprain typically takes four to six weeks to heal. The Super Bowl will be held two weeks since Pouncey was injured.

"Miracles do happen," he said. "Trust me, man, they do happen. I am walking around pretty good, and they didn't expect to have the cast off until later in the week."

Even though Pouncey is still hopeful, offensive line coach Sean Kugler sounded like he'll be without his Pro Bowl center.

"(Doug) Legursky is going to have to play his best, and I am certain he will go out and give it his best effort," Kugler said.

Pouncey said the decision whether he can play ultimately will be his.

"It will probably be one of the hardest things ever," he said. "To get out there and say that I can't play on Super Bowl Sunday, oh man, that's going to be tough."

Read more: Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1Coc6RAER
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 1817

Default Re: Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen'

You have to feel bad for Pouncey. He wants to play so badly that I think he's lied to himself so much to the point that he believes it. He doesnt want to accept that he can't play but pretty much everyone else but Pouncey has alluded to him not playing
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 188

Default Re: Pouncey on ankle: 'Miracles do happen'

Quote Originally Posted by Hambert5958 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "It will probably be one of the hardest things ever," he said. "To get out there and say that I can't play on Super Bowl Sunday, oh man, that's going to be tough."
    After the season he's played, rookie, named to the pro bowl, this definitely is the understatement of the year.......
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information