Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: someone make me feel better

Threads : 12

Default someone make me feel better

i have a terrible feeling about this game and i just cant shake it.My vibes about games i would say are at least 80% correct.I felt good about the Ravens and i felt very good about the Jets but i do not feel good about this game at all.

Pouncey not playing is really tough for us.The O-line was having a tough time protecting Ben when he WAS in there,thank God he is so hard to bring down.I see Matthews and Woodson giving us fits.

The main thing im worried about is our D,i know it sounds crazy cause our D is the ****.But look the strength of our D is the 4 LB's,get them off the field and you vastly improve your chances.I think they will play Patriot ball against us and it works thats why the pats beat us all the time.They know they wont be able to run the ball.They are gonna spread us out with 4-5 wide sets and pick us apart 5-8 yards ata time.Driver and Jennings we'll do alright on but Jones,Lee and Nelson could have HUGE days,Thats where the mismatch is.They will smoke the guys we have covering them.And your gonna get a lot of 3 step drops so it will be tough to get America's new dream boat on the ground,however if we can hit him hard early that would ne HUGE

I really hope dirty Dick has something up his sleeve for this or its gonna be a loooooooong day.
    Last edited by STEELHEADZCHRIS; Feb-04-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: someone make me feel better

Chill bro... gonna be alright at the end. Rollercoaster from kickoff till then.

So till Sunday night...

i know but me and the Steelheadz of Virginia(a run a fan club here) you can check out our site.

www.steelheadzofva.com

are a waaaay over the top.Ive posted some of video.I mean ill probably have 30 people over my housemchristmas lights blaring on the outside of the house.My neighbors i know ALL want us to lose cause we go nuts out in the front yard.Arghhhhhhhhhhh,im gonna go nuts waiting for kickoff

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by STEELHEADZCHRIS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have a terrible feeling about this game and i just cant shake it.My vibes about games i would say are at least 80% correct.I felt good about the Ravens and i felt very good about the Jets but i do not feel good about this game at all.

Pouncey not playing is really tough for us.The O-line was having a tough time protecting Ben when he WAS in there,thank God he is so hard to bring down.I see Matthews and Woodson giving us fits.

The main thing im worried about is our D,i know it sounds crazy cause our D is the ****.But look the strength of our D is the 4 LB's,get them off the field and you vastly improve your chances.I think they will play Patriot ball against us and it works thats why the pats beat us all the time.They know they wont be able to run the ball.They are gonna spread us out with 4-5 wide sets and pick us apart 5-8 yards ata time.Driver and Jennings we'll do alright on but Jones,Lee and Nelson could have HUGE days,Thats where the mismatch is.They will smoke the guys we have covering them.And your gonna get a lot of 3 step drops so it will be tough to get America's new dream boat on the ground,however if we can hit him hard early that would ne HUGE

I really hope dirty Dick has something up his sleeve for this or its gonna be a loooooooong day.
    All valid points. These things have gone through my mind as well. I think Lebeau and the Steeler D changed some things since that Pats game though. They seem to be playing more against the pass than they did before that Pats game. Troy plays deep more often than he used to, to take pressure off the rest of the secondary. Our run defense hasn't suffered since he's been doing this, so I think it's made our overall defense even better. More balanced than it was before. Yeah, the Pack is still going to get their yards through the air Sunday since that is their strength and still our weakness. But, I think because of the subtle changes Lebeau has made, our secondary is going to handle this challenge much better than they did against Brady. That being said, they still need to get pressure on Rodgers from time to time. We need our front seven to put some pressure on him, and Lebeau is still Lebeau, so he'll have a few crazy unpredictable blitzes to throw at him as well. I like our chances in this one. How's that for optimism?

thats just it though our front 7 wont contain our LB's if they go 5 wide.We need to hit Rodgers somehow early and get an early lead then i think we'll be alright but if they come out and dink and dunk us all the way down the field watch out

Threads : 1632

Ride the rodeo of the Steeler fan for several decades, it get's alot less un-nerving.

Last edited by Skeeter; Feb-04-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know if I can make you feel better. I am one of those that doesn't go on feeling. Also matchups you can toss out the window once the clock starts. Anything can happen. They have what it takes to beat us no question. The Steelers are pretty ****ing tough to beat too especially in the playoffs. Just always remember these guys never quit. We could be down to TDs going into the 4th and I feel like we are still in it. I think I can actually enjoy this one more this time. The pressure isn't so bad now and I think that's a good thing honestly. Most of these guys on the team even if they lose can retire having won the super bowl because they have already. And that's what I think will take the edge off and allow them to take what they are given and not try to force it unless they have to. This could go either way IMO. Hopefully it comes home again!

Threads : 206

"Maybe we should chug on over to namby-pamby land to
    get you some self-confidence, you Jack Wagon!"

Threads : 49

Yeah, I have sort of a bad feeling about the game, but then I saw everyone is picking the Packers so I feel great now.

Seriously, I hardly ever have dreams about sports but I've actually had two Steeler dreams in the past month. One was last week. I don't remember what happened exactly but the Steelers did end up losing to the Packers and it was horrible.

Around the time of the Ravens game I dreamed that the team was down 21 at halftime. Make of it what you will, which probably isn't much!

Threads : 277

It's one game; the coaches know Leg isn't Pouncey and will plan for it; we can run on these guys; our OLB can get past their OTs; our WRs can play the game; ditto #83; and you can win any game with Ben as QB and I don't care who is the opposition.

I mean all of this and have said so before, so I just am repeating myself to deal with your nerves.

However, if you still are worried, go bet $500 (or however much a Steeler win is worth to you) on GB--straight up--and if the worst happens, at least you'll have some cash you didn't expect; or bet someone a smack down and take GB. If you "win"--because the Steelers lost--you get to kick someone's butt and work out your final score frustration. If you lose, you'll probably be so drunk/happy you won't feel it.

Now, are you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post

Now that was a good one,love that guy

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post

Why do I suddenly want to shop for car insurance? Weird.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're suffering from over media exposure.

Everyone is on the fudge packers bandwagon, but isn't that the nature of media?

Packers were hot late in the season and the playoffs, so everyone jumps on. Flavor of the day thing. I don't pay much attention to it. Let them rub themselves off, at the end of the day when we win, all these roaches will get a bad case of amnesia and jump on the Steelers bandwagon and talk about how we are the team of the decade.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

well unless your Steelers fan your def rooting against us.Almost everyone i hear on TV is picking against us,however historically that is when we play our best ball.Id rather be the underdog.Just dont like the matchup of Jones and Nelson vs Mcfadden and Gay.

man the contempt for us is everywhere,i went to the grocery store today to get stuff for my party( i live in Virginia) and got 2 different reactions.Fellow Steeler fans slapping me high fives and saying i look like kiesel(i started growing my neard about the same time as he did) or glaring looks of i hate you.Is like that elsewhere you guys live.

Man i hope we pull this off so they can hate us just a little bit more.SUCCESS BREEDS CONTEMPT

Threads : 440

Harris: Steelers' Mitchell tells Packers to bring it

By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Saturday, February 5, 2011

FORT WORTH, Texas — Steelers assistant head coach John Mitchell could be excused if he had graciously passed on the question. Said thanks, but no thanks. Praised Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers as the next Bart Starr.

But Mitchell, as no-nonsense at they come, isn't built that way. When I asked Mitchell, who coaches the defensive line, about the hazards of facing the Packers' dreaded five-receiver attack, Mount Mitchell erupted in breaking every known rule of etiquette for Super Bowl XLV:

1. Never say anything inflammatory about your opponent.

2. Never, ever, tell the truth.

3. When in doubt, refer back to No. 2.

This is not news to Mitchell, whose second-ranked defense has been treated this week like the Cleveland Browns' instead of a unit appearing in its second Super Bowl in three years.

"Green Bay's going to do what got them here,'' Mitchell said. "They throw the ball a lot. They sprinkle in the run. But their quarterback likes to throw the ball downfield. We like to bring pressure, so we're going to bring pressure. Let him throw it. We'll see how far he can throw it downfield. We're going to see how quick we can get to him. It's going to be simple.

"They're going to put five wides out there. A lot of people ask me, 'Are you going to take (nose tackle) Casey Hampton off the field?' No, we're not going to take Casey off the field. We're going to leave him out there. If they're going to try to get Casey off the field, where they don't want to run the ball, it's going to be a big mistake.

"We feel like we can stop the run and make them throw. If he's going to throw 50 times, make him throw 60 times. We feel like our chances of getting to him will be pretty good. The more he throws it, the more chances he's going to take.

"We're not going to change one thing. That's all I've been hearing: 'They're going to run the spread. They're going to have this many receivers.' I hope they do.''

Why did Mitchell do it? At the Super Bowl, of all places? I don't know. I suspect that Mitchell had fielded one question too many about the futility of stopping the Packers offense, and he decided to speak his mind. Politically correct, he was not.

Maybe Mitchell, 59, was acting his age.

It's true that the older you get, the less you care what people think. As the Steelers' longest-tenured coach (17 seasons), Mitchell knew what he was saying, knew how it could be interpreted on the eve of Super Bowl XLV, but he said it anyway.

Mitchell prefers being the squeaky wheel to silence. He believes in the Steelers, believes in his defense, believes in his players.

"We've got a lot of players who haven't been here before. We've got a lot of veteran players who have been here before. They've taken the reins,'' Mitchell said. "That's what a lot of people overlook. That makes my job easier. That makes Mike Tomlin's job easier. We've got veteran leadership. We have enough players who know how to prepare for a game this big.

"People say, 'When you come to the Super Bowl, you've got 90 percent of your work done.' No. I'm starting from ground zero. We're going to work just as hard this week as if we were in Pittsburgh — probably even harder. This is a regular-season week. Our preparation is going to be for a regular-season game. Just like if we were playing them on the road or at home.''

Of course, the stakes are much higher Sunday.

Many of the Steelers have been here before — three times in six years. Green Bay hasn't; only two Packers have played in a Super Bowl.

Experience can take the Steelers only so far. At some point, talent and resolve will play a major role. However, knowing what to expect before you get there is half the battle.

"If you forget what got you here and the reason that you're here, you'll have trouble this week,'' Mitchell said. "We have enough guys who know what it takes to get here.''

The Steelers don't need a road map. Their pedigree is legit. Green Bay, on the other hand, might want to consider a GPS.

Read more: Harris: Steelers' Mitchell tells Packers to bring it - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1D3jDL6c3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information