Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Malkin has a torn MCL and ACL

JFC.

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So what are you thinking? See ya next year or get him back in the playoffs? I don't think it means no Stanley either way but maybe this makes trade deadline interesting for us afterall. Maybe you do shop a Gogo around and look for some legit top 6 rental?

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

**** I didn't realize he played last night. We can win without him! Guys like Jeffrey, Conner, Letestu and Tangradi... yes I said it... Tangradi, need to fill in. But we need Sid (and the rest of the team for that matter) to stay healthy!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what are you thinking? See ya next year or get him back in the playoffs? I don't think it means no Stanley either way but maybe this makes trade deadline interesting for us afterall. Maybe you do shop a Gogo around and look for some legit top 6 rental?
    I really can't tell, fear the worst. I'm afraid Gogo isn't enough for a top six guy we need, on the flip side, rental is too little value for what Gogo could bring in the future..

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Xterratu View Post
    I really can't tell, fear the worst. I'm afraid Gogo isn't enough for a top six guy we need, on the flip side, rental is too little value for what Gogo could bring in the future..
    I'd do him + a low ball pick for Filatov or him + a higher pick or body for Voracek... Don't think Columbus would trade Voracek but still. I wouldn't be ready to give up on Gogo for a rental... A top six winger with potential - can do.
    Last edited by Xterratu; Feb-05-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Steve Simmonds - Guess we can strike the Pittsburgh Penguins from the list of Cup contenders.

Yes Steve yes, because that's EXACTLY how 5 wins in a row looks like to me... idiot.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    **** I didn't realize he played last night. We can win without him! Guys like Jeffrey, Conner, Letestu and Tangradi... yes I said it... Tangradi, need to fill in. But we need Sid (and the rest of the team for that matter) to stay healthy!
    I love your optimism

But man .. we don't have the guns to compete against a team like Philadelphia or even Washington who has decided to learn how to play defense who have everything but a goaltender (which is useless against a team lacks scoring touch)

This is a big time blow. This kind of tear means he's done for the season for sure.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

MCL and ACL is going to sideline him for the rest of the year IMO. Barring a miracle I'll be surprised to see him back. If it were one or the other...

I had the worst gut feeling when I saw how that guy landed on Malkin's leg last night. I saw the impact and bend twice. when he got up he instantly couldn't put any pressure on that leg.

As for trades.... boy that's tough. We ere in an evaluation state supposedly this eyar to see if Staal could center the 2nd line with malkin playing wing but Malkin was always a Center option just in need of a Winger

I think you still stay true to the course and go after a winger. Staal or Malkin centering, for the future and now, this team still needs a scoring winger. More so now. It's questionable whether "whoever" it is, their talent is truly showcased with Staal at center but you have to use some projection as well.

with Simon Depres possibly able to play next year we could afford to move a Defenseman.. I'd just hate to get rid of a young guy like Goligoski when Brooks Orpik is 30/31, Paul Martin is 29/30. Together you have a cost of $8.75 million per year. Goligoski is currently a $1.8 per year cap hit and it's not as if he's a liability either. He's a +22 and has been neck and neck with Letang for best +/- on the team. He's basically not on the ice when the opponent scores
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Honestly, IMO if the rest of the team stays healthy... the Pens are better off than they were last season. Geno will be missed, but our D and PK are a lot stronger.

Inquiring minds want to know how much of this ligament damage was pre-existing to the hit last night. Malkin's been complaining about a sore knee for a while. Maybe he shouldn't have played?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I think you still stay true to the course and go after a winger. Staal or Malkin centering, for the future and now, this team still needs a scoring winger. More so now. It's questionable whether "whoever" it is, their talent is truly showcased with Staal at center but you have to use some projection as well.

with Simon Depres possibly able to play next year we could afford to move a Defenseman.. I'd just hate to get rid of a young guy like Goligoski when Brooks Orpik is 30/31, Paul Martin is 29/30. Together you have a cost of $8.75 million per year. Goligoski is currently a $1.8 per year cap hit and it's not as if he's a liability either. He's a +22 and has been neck and neck with Letang for best +/- on the team. He's basically not on the ice when the opponent scores
    Yes, a young talented winger, Atlanta's shopping Bergfors. He's not that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    Honestly, IMO if the rest of the team stays healthy... the Pens are better off than they were last season. Geno will be missed, but our D and PK are a lot stronger.
    I agree with this, plus the team will rally around this injury. Especially when people start writing us off.

Threads : 413

I didn't watch the game and have been so busy I didn't even here about this until now. ****!!!!!

Now that I feel better, I think we can get through this. Geno was putting in a lot of minutes and was involved in the play, but honestly his production last year, and especially this year, was way down. We're playing better all around and can cover for him. However, we'd better get Sid back and keep him healthy for the rest of the year. Yes, we've still won without both of them but that's like smoking a cigarette while sitting on a box of TNT.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

This is bad... Major ****storm.
    I have another "****storm" going on outside my window! Second time this week we are getting hammered with snow. This one was suppose to be a dusting. ....6" later... it's still snowing! Thank God I got Super Bowl provisions this morning. Hunkerin' Down in NW Ohio!!!

Threads : 61

I'm actually not too concerned about this. We've been able to win without much production from him whether he's been playing or not. Face it, this has been a down year for him. I think whatever happens would have happened with our without him.

If you don't think we have enough fire power to win the Stanley Cup now, well, we never really had the fire power to begin with.

I'm a bit of an optimist. I don't think this injury is really going to have that much of an impact on our chances. Right now, I think we've got a solid team, but a few tweaks away from being serious Cup contenders, but that's how I've felt pretty much since November when I was *****ing about the lack of discipline on this team. (For the record, I think the discipline has improvead a great deal.)

I do think it will make the trading deadline a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by El Sid; Feb-06-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information