Thread: Some thoughts and concerns headed into the game

Threads : 49

Default Some thoughts and concerns headed into the game

I was listening to the radio yesterday and Jim Mora, Jr. was saying that after talking to both team's coaches, he thinks the Packers are going to win. The reason? He said that the Packers coaches have some "some things up their sleeves" that he thinks will be big.

And now there's an article where McCarthy is saying that he's confident going into the game partially after the team has been studying game film. What could he mean do you think? Just bull****ting? Good chance, but it's also possible that the Packers have actually seen something on film that they think they can exploit. Clark? Gay? Injured McFadden? Those are givens in a way. I just hope they don't try to emulate the Pats dink and dunk game. Rodgers isn't really that kind of QB, though.

On the other side, the Steelers defense seems to be pretty excited about the gameplan Lebeau has devised for the game. To me, this is game could hinge on just what Lebeau has in store for the Packers. Hopefully there is some new wrinkles that aren't on "game film" that will confuse the **** out of Rodgers.

I also think that either Ben or Mendy is going to have to have one hell of a game. Both would be even better. Ben has been erratic at times in the playoffs, I think he's been fighting a cold but this Packers secondary is tough. I really think he's going to need to step it up another notch.

In the 2009 Packers game I actually thought Arians called one of his best games of his illustrious () coaching career. The Steelers were using the full arsenal on offense in great ways, short routes, deep routes, Miller was involved a lot, RB's were being used in the passing game. I hope we see a similar game tomorrow. I don't want to see Ben continually looking downfield every pass play.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Some thoughts and concerns headed into the game

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jim Mora, Jr. was saying that after talking to both team's coaches, he thinks the Packers are going to win. The reason? He said that the Packers coaches have some "some things up their sleeves

If the Packers coaches shared play ideas with a reporter they are dumb azzes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information