Thread: Steeler fans don't whine and ***** after a Super Bowl loss!

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Steeler fans don't whine and ***** after a Super Bowl loss!

I've noticed that most Steeler fans are actually saying the Steelers not playing well enough to win cost them this game. Imagine that! Yes, 3 turnovers will kill you in a Super Bowl and they sure killed the Steelers in this one. Most Steeler fans aren't resorting to blaming officiating like the Seahawk fans, and to a lesser extent, the Cardinal fans did after we beat them. We actually man up and take a loss with dignity. We don't play the "cheat card" like other teams fans like to do. I could certainly point out some calls or no calls in this one that didn't help matters, but I won't do that. The Steelers lost because of their mistakes on offense and not making plays on defense. Yes, I got ****ed during the game yesterday at those certain calls or no calls I just mentioned earlier, but I'm not going to sit here and say that cost us the Super Bowl. And considering what our team has been through this past season with GODell and the officiating, I think we'd have more reason than anyone to *****. But, this loss was on the Steelers just not playing well enough, plain and simple. And most Steeler fans seem to recognize that! We won't be whining about officiating, concerning this Super Bowl, 5 years from now, like a certain fanbase in the northwest still does!

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steeler fans don't whine and ***** after a Super Bowl loss!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've noticed that most Steeler fans are actually saying the Steelers not playing well enough to win cost them this game. Imagine that! Yes, 3 turnovers will kill you in a Super Bowl and they sure killed the Steelers in this one. Most Steeler fans aren't resorting to blaming officiating like the Seahawk fans, and to a lesser extent, the Cardinal fans did after we beat them. We actually man up and take a loss with dignity. We don't play the "cheat card" like other teams fans like to do. I could certainly point out some calls or no calls in this one that didn't help matters, but I won't do that. The Steelers lost because of their mistakes on offense and not making plays on defense. Yes, I got ****ed during the game yesterday at those certain calls or no calls I just mentioned earlier, but I'm not going to sit here and say that cost us the Super Bowl. And considering what our team has been through this past season with GODell and the officiating, I think we'd have more reason than anyone to *****. But, this loss was on the Steelers just not playing well enough, plain and simple. And most Steeler fans seem to recognize that! We won't be whining about officiating, concerning this Super Bowl, 5 years from now, like a certain fanbase in the northwest still does!

Agreed. Seahawk fans harp in the past of whatcouldabeen... We'll just take this loss, and hopefully because of it, the Steelers retool a little bit, and get better from it. I bet this loss alone ****es Ben off enough to come out firing next year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What I hate the most is fans from teams that are garbage like the Bungals and the Browns becoming Pseudo-Packer fans over it.

Granted, we all probably did a little of that when the Giants beat the Patriots, but still. The fans that always say "well, my team is out of it so I don't care are the best ones".

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On here and from what I have seen Steelers fans are saying the right things and generally pretty classy about it. People have told me that Steelers fans are being obnoxious about it but I have not came across that. It wouldn't really surprise me though. There are a **** ton of fair weather types who you never knew they liked football until the Steelers clinch a playoff birth. Now they are probably moth balling all the Keisel shirts they bought. **** them.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we have some philosophical advantage in that we know we can probably genuinely compete again next year. Bengals fans are a pretty good example of the antithesis - they have the nagging suspicion that they are in a perpetual rebuild and that any competition they have in the foreseeable future is a flash-in-the-pan year and it rolls around with about the same regularity as the Seahawks.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foslrock View Post
    What I hate the most is fans from teams that are garbage like the Bungals and the Browns becoming Pseudo-Packer fans over it.

Granted, we all probably did a little of that when the Giants beat the Patriots, but still. The fans that always say "well, my team is out of it so I don't care are the best ones".
    I'm sure you get some of that up where you're at, fo$l. In Cleveland, it's a way of life. Browns fan prefers to hate the Steelers more than supporting their own team because its the easy way out of demanding that their team actually do something. They have nothing to support, so they lay the hate on thick. It's why I am slowly turning away from caring about the Browns at all. They are NOT a worthy adversary and I have no respect for fans who will change allegiances based on supporting another team who they couldn't ordinarily care less about because they are playing a rival they hate.
    buckeyehoppy 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Pick-em' Contest Champion and 2013 Finalist!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    I'm sure you get some of that up where you're at, fo$l. In Cleveland, it's a way of life. Browns fan prefers to hate the Steelers more than supporting their own team because its the easy way out of demanding that their team actually do something. They have nothing to support, so they lay the hate on thick. It's why I am slowly turning away from caring about the Browns at all. They are NOT a worthy adversary and I have no respect for fans who will change allegiances based on supporting another team who they couldn't ordinarily care less about because they are playing a rival they hate.
    I've heard so much whining from Seattle fans that its like a continual record on repeat, and it's like they cant get beyond it. Granted, I dont live in Washington, but I do live in an area where there are quite a good amount of transplants from that area. Seahawks probably have the biggest fan base in this part, and Superbowl XL was my personal sadistical heaven/hell, especially afterwords. Heaven in that we won, hell in that I had to deal with EVERY SINGLE freaking Seahawks fan whining about how the refs cheated them from their superbowl. Meanwhile, I constantly explain 1. where was Hasselbeck overcoming the odds? 2. where was the big Alexander run? 3. where was the kicker?

They can't let it go. Me, I let go of yesterdays game around 9:00 last night. It burned me out, I turned it off, turned off the TV that was more often that is should have checking out the NFL channel for the last 2 months. Im moving on. Bring on the draft, a possible upgrade at cornerback, and a younger defensive lineman to eventually replace Hampton.

I've come to the conclusion that this draft needs to go all defense. They dont need any more wide receivers, tight ends, running backs (happy with Redman and Mendy), and i'm even thinking next year the line stays healthier, and they wont need many upgrades their either.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foslrock View Post
    I've heard so much whining from Seattle fans that its like a continual record on repeat, and it's like they cant get beyond it. Granted, I dont live in Washington, but I do live in an area where there are quite a good amount of transplants from that area. Seahawks probably have the biggest fan base in this part, and Superbowl XL was my personal sadistical heaven/hell, especially afterwords. Heaven in that we won, hell in that I had to deal with EVERY SINGLE freaking Seahawks fan whining about how the refs cheated them from their superbowl. Meanwhile, I constantly explain 1. where was Hasselbeck overcoming the odds? 2. where was the big Alexander run? 3. where was the kicker?

They can't let it go. Me, I let go of yesterdays game around 9:00 last night. It burned me out, I turned it off, turned off the TV that was more often that is should have checking out the NFL channel for the last 2 months. Im moving on. Bring on the draft, a possible upgrade at cornerback, and a younger defensive lineman to eventually replace Hampton.

I've come to the conclusion that this draft needs to go all defense. They dont need any more wide receivers, tight ends, running backs (happy with Redman and Mendy), and i'm even thinking next year the line stays healthier, and they wont need many upgrades their either.
    I sort of agree with the last part but I think you take Pouncey's brother if he is there. We could have a sick offense. I am tired of these other teams throwing all over the place on us. We have the skills players. Our O-line coach seems like a winner. Let's give him another special player and let's go for it. Then draft db and DL all day long.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    I havent heard the whining about officiating but ive also been playing catch up on the things i neglected during super bowl i Agree though the refs didnt make a difference in this game. We beat our selves.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 18

I thought there were some ticky tacky calls made on our Steelers and I thought there should have been calls made against the Packers . Be that if I'm right or wrong with my opinion those, were not the reasons why we lost.
    We lost due to three turnovers and our defense inability to stop the Packers offense.

Threads : 6

I feel the same way about it that Tomlin stated in his interview after the game.

"How would you characterize this game?"

"As a loss."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information