Thread: I only wish......

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I only wish......

we could find out 3 things.....what was said to Ben and the entire offense on the sidelines once the O knew they were going to get the ball with 2 minutes left......what was being said to Ben in his helmet the last 2 minutes.....and what exactly did Ben say in the huddle in those last 2 minutes. There was no sense of ergency..only a sense of...confusion...like they never did this before.

Once we held them to the FG.....I actually looked forward to the no huddle ...and felt positive at that point in the game...since we have been fairly successful in the past in those situations. I at least expected to get down within striking distance of the endzone. The last 4 down series...was..horrible...ridiculous...pitiful..... sad.

Threads : 49

Default Re: I only wish......

I really get the sense that the focus on offense leading up to this game was mostly on the running game. And to be fair, it was working but that early deficit made it too hard to go back to that.

But even if that's the case, it's inexcusable how ill prepared the entire offense looked when they had to go away from the run game. There was no urgency, no emotion. I'm still perplexed at how unemotional and sluggish everyone seemed on the team (especially on offense) in this game. It was really bizarre to watch. Ben seemed like he was on drugs half the time out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really get the sense that the focus on offense leading up to this game was mostly on the [HIGH-LIGHT]running game[/HIGH-LIGHT]. And to be fair, [HIGH-LIGHT]it was working [/HIGH-LIGHT]but that [HIGH-LIGHT]early deficit made it too hard to go back to that. [/HIGH-LIGHT]But even if that's the case, it's inexcusable how ill prepared the entire offense looked when they had to go away from the run game. There was no urgency, no emotion. I'm still perplexed at how unemotional and sluggish everyone seemed on the team (especially on offense) in this game. It was really bizarre to watch. Ben seemed like he was on drugs half the time out there.
    I disagree. They stayed the course...successfully.....even with the deficit.

Half time score...21-10..GB deferred at the toss...got the 2nd half kick...they ran 4plays..getting a 1st down on the 1st play..then we forced a 3 and out....we got the ball.....got lucky on a penalty....5 consecutive running plays...score a TD....put us 4 points down.

Sometimes you just have to take what the defense gives you.

we have dumb *** reporters making suggestions that BA could be gone...why don't they ask questions like mine on this thread...stuff fans really want to know...to see BA's response...and Ben's response...and Wallace's response on why he seemed totally confused. Players won't discuss it if they are not asked.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    we have dumb *** reporters making suggestions that BA could be gone...why don't they ask questions like mine on this thread...stuff fans really want to know...to see BA's response...and Ben's response...and Wallace's response on why he seemed totally confused. Players won't discuss it if they are not asked.
    X2. What happened on that last drive was inexcusable. The last time I saw a display like that, it involved a team from Cincy. With Ben's experience in the 2 minute offense and how he finished off the Cardinals in SB XLIII, that was the last way I expected that drive to end. My first instinct is to blame Arians and if he in fact had anything to do with the failure of that drive, he should have already been fired. The plan of attack should have been clear before the offense ever took the field for that drive.
    It sure would be nice to know what happened there, but we'll more than likely never know. I can't help but think though that it's Arians related somehow.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 206

IMO a good part of the confusion was caused because the Steelers were trying to switch formations... ie, moving guys from the right side to the left side or on and off the line of scrimage, etc. Usually in the 2 minute drill... after you complete a pass, you get into a standard formation that everyone knows where they are suppose to line up. You switch formations (and personell) after incomplete passes or a huddle. My guess is someone (probably BA or someone in the pressbox) saw something (a matchup) that they thought they could exploit for a big play. Remember the Packers had some reserves in the secondary at this point. The problem is, the recievers are programed to line up a certain way (for saving time.) They practice it all the time and when all of a sudden they are trying to get you to do something different (especially without a huddle and the clock ticking away) you get confussion and wasted time. JMO

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    IMO a good part of the confusion was caused because the Steelers were trying to switch formations... ie, moving guys from the right side to the left side or on and off the line of scrimage, etc. Usually in the 2 minute drill... after you complete a pass, you get into a standard formation that everyone knows where they are suppose to line up. You switch formations (and personell) after incomplete passes or a huddle. My guess is someone (probably BA or someone in the pressbox) saw something (a matchup) that they thought they could exploit for a big play. Remember the Packers had some reserves in the secondary at this point. The problem is, the recievers are programed to line up a certain way (for saving time.) They practice it all the time and when all of a sudden they are trying to get you to do something different (especially without a huddle and the clock ticking away) you get confussion and wasted time. JMO
    Yeah, but they have done that quite a bit this season and on the last drive in the Super Bowl, it looked like they were doing it for the first time ever which is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    Yeah, but they have done that quite a bit this season and on the last drive in the Super Bowl, it looked like they were doing it for the first time ever which is baffling.
    ...And guys go on the snap count every down, every game... but still someone jumps offsides.

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    The one wasted pass to Wallace showed me that he and Ben weren't on the same page. Looked like Ben was looking for a short up and out and Wallace was on a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    The one wasted pass to Wallace showed me that he and Ben weren't on the same page. Looked like Ben was looking for a short up and out and Wallace was on a fly.
    One of the other thread/articles ("Be Careful Who you Blame") suggested that Wallace and Brown were having difficulties reading coverages and running correct patterns. Kudos to the Packers for disguising their D's and confusing our younger players.

Either way, the young guys will learn from this experience and, from being so close to history, will work harder. Overall this team is in good shape with a bright future. Get younger on defense and we could very well be looking at a dynasty. The secondary is a bigger concern than the O-Line.

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I only wish........Ike woulda got a bit more of the ball on that packers 3 & 10 pass from their own 25, down the middle to jennings late in the 4th......I watched the NFL Replay, they had some different looks from the NFL films....Ike actually got a finger on that ball, but not enough obviously.......OK, I think I'm ready to move on...
    Last edited by Hambert5958; Feb-12-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Hambert5958 View Post
    I only wish........Ike woulda got a bit more of the ball on that packers 3 & 10 pass from their own 25, down the middle to jennings late in the 4th......I watched the NFL Replay, they had some different looks from the NFL films....Ike actual got a finger on that ball, but not enough obviously.......OK, I think I'm ready to move on...
    It's weird, I was just thinking of that play last night and what the Steelers could've done differently. I really don't want to think about this game ever again but yet I keep finding myself thinking of certain plays and what could've played out differently.

Taylor had pretty good coverage but if only he could've gotten a hand on it or if Troy or Clark jumped the route and picked off the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    Either way, the young guys will learn from this experience and, from being so close to history, will work harder. Overall this team is in good shape with a bright future. Get younger on defense and we could very well be looking at a dynasty. The secondary is a bigger concern than the O-Line.
    Coaching, secondary, O-line for me.

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    It's weird, I was just thinking of that play last night and what the Steelers could've done differently. I really don't want to think about this game ever again but yet I keep finding myself thinking of certain plays and what could've played out differently.

Taylor had pretty good coverage but if only he could've gotten a hand on it or if Troy or Clark jumped the route and picked off the pass.
    That play and the fumble....honestly, those 2 plays haunt me......I keep watching them to see if the outcome will be different...........wife thinks I'm crazy......she might be right...
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information