Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yo! Dumbass, what are we doing?

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yo! Dumbass, what are we doing?

To chorus..."Ben is makin' me look like a genius..."
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arians are we trying to establish the run or are we just winging it right now? This offense looks absolutely pathetic. If we are waiting for the defense to score 20+ points so we can win we might as well go home.

You are a complete ****ing Jackyl, Arians.
    **** LasVegasGuy, I can't concentrate on your posts. I just look at your Sig pick and keep thinking how good I would look on top o' that!

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    No ****... We suck with him playcalling....
    This is what I don't get. Our defense is sucking wind in the first half and we know it. What do we do?

Our offense comes on the field.....We hand the ball of to Mendy who runs for 6 yards......2nd and 4.....we pass, incomplete......3rd and 4......we pass, incomplete.

WTF!!!!!! If Mendy picks up 6 yards on the first carry then by all means run the ball on 2nd and 3rd. The chances that he can pick up 4 yards on 2 carries is great. Then we start the whole process over again giving the defense much needed rest. Plus, if they can't stop the run why go to the pass. Just keep pounding the other team senseless until the stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This is what I don't get. Our defense is sucking wind in the first half and we know it. What do we do?

Our offense comes on the field.....We hand the ball of to Mendy who runs for 6 yards......2nd and 4.....we pass, incomplete......3rd and 4......we pass, incomplete.

WTF!!!!!! If Mendy picks up 6 yards on the first carry then by all means run the ball on 2nd and 3rd. The chances that he can pick up 4 yards on 2 carries is great. Then we start the whole process over again giving the defense much needed rest. Plus, if they can't stop the run why go to the pass. Just keep pounding the other team senseless until the stop us.
    That's the thing about BA that drives me crazy...he seriously doesn't understand that when something is working...KEEP DOING IT until they stop you. I think he overthinks himself. Honestly I do.

Here's what i think happens:

BA: Run the ball
    Result: 6 yard gain

BA: I think they're going to anticipate us running it again...lets pass it.
    Result: In complete

BA: Well...that didn't work...b/c it didn't work they wont think that we'll do it again...DO IT AGAIN!
    Result: Same...incomplete

BA: Well that sucks...we'll come back to that play later for sure.

Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Here's Brucey doin' his "I have a friggin sweetass lineup of talented athletes makin' me a boat-load of money b/c I am incapable of doin' anything on my own" dance...CHECK IT OUT:

Dude. I was seriously like for a good 15 minutes of play. Let's throw it like a hot potato between six people and crash it 4 inches past the line of scrimmage with the ****ing game on the line.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    That's the thing about BA that drives me crazy...he seriously doesn't understand that when something is working...KEEP DOING IT until they stop you. I think he overthinks himself. Honestly I do.

Here's what i think happens:

BA: Run the ball
    Result: 6 yard gain

BA: I think they're going to anticipate us running it again...lets pass it.
    Result: In complete

BA: Well...that didn't work...b/c it didn't work they wont think that we'll do it again...DO IT AGAIN!
    Result: Same...incomplete

BA: Well that sucks...we'll come back to that play later for sure.

To be honest, outside of bill Belichich I havent seen a coach do the "keep doing it until they stop you" mentality. I remember that 2007 game. Belichich had Brady throw the same ****ing route over the middle to Welker like 10- times in a row. We never stopped it, they kept doing it.

Outside of that, nobody does really what we want Arians to do. Take the Broncos last night. they had a guy open over the middle all game long. Whether it was Marshall or royal. Anytime a pass was attempted over the middle they caught it unless it was a bad pass then Carter turned it back for 6. Denver got away from that for some unknown reason.

The problem with Arians' play calling is that he does nothing to attack a defense and dictate. Everything he calls is safe, vanilla or just comes off as standard. Bruce Arians and the word strategy are opposites like Clay aiken and heterosexual. There's no rhyme or reason for his playcalling, it really is almost as if he picks plays out of a hat

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    To be honest, outside of bill Belichich I havent seen a coach do the "keep doing it until they stop you" mentality. I remember that 2007 game. Belichich had Brady throw the same ****ing route over the middle to Welker like 10- times in a row. We never stopped it, they kept doing it.

Outside of that, nobody does really what we want Arians to do. Take the Broncos last night. they had a guy open over the middle all game long. Whether it was Marshall or royal. Anytime a pass was attempted over the middle they caught it unless it was a bad pass then Carter turned it back for 6. Denver got away from that for some unknown reason.

The problem with Arians' play calling is that he does nothing to attack a defense and dictate. Everything he calls is safe, vanilla or just comes off as standard. Bruce Arians and the word strategy are opposites like Clay aiken and heterosexual. There's no rhyme or reason for his playcalling, it really is almost as if he picks plays out of a hat
    Hmm...wonder why Belicheat's O is consistently ranked in the top 5 in the NFL? Wonder why he's had such success. It makes sense. Other coaches don't do it b/c they out think themselves. I seriously think that Belicheat simply understands realism better than other coaches. No need to out smart...just do it until they stop it.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post

I think you answered your own question. I was ready to throw the remote threw the TV if we didn't start playing Marshal and Royal man to man and stop the dink and dunk bull****. Then Orton throws the pick 6 and Denver goes turtle on offense. I don't think we stopped it, Denver stopped it for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information