Thread: Matt Cooke Suspended 4 Games

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Matt Cooke Suspended 4 Games

Matt Cooke Suspended Four Games for Hitting Fedor Tyutin From Behind

by Michael Hurley on Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:57PM 1

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke has been suspended four games by the NHL for hitting Fedor Tyutin from behind on Tuesday night, according to multiple reports.

For Cooke, it represents the heftiest penalty of his career, as the 32-year-old has been handed two-game suspensions on three different occasions in his career.

The hit came late in the first period on Tuesday, when Tyutin skated to the corner to retrieve a dump-in. The 27-year-old had his back to the ice as he faced the boards, but Cooke left his feet to hit him from behind.

The suspension will have Cooke sitting out a home game against the Kings on Thursday and games at the Islanders, Rangers and Avalanche.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/matt-cooke-suspended-four-games-for-hitting-fedor-tyutin-from-behind.html
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone put up a facepalm for me. Not good. At this point we might as well bring up Theisen so they all match. At least the defense that Shero blew his wad on is holding strong. Err at least they are healthy.

Threads : 3263

Default Re: Matt Cooke Suspended 4 Games

... I heard an exerpt from Jeremy Roenick's radio show, and he was blasting Cooke... He brought-up the fact that Cooke layed a player out last year, and that the league needs to crack-down on idiotic players like Cooke.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone put up a facepalm for me. Not good. At this point we might as well bring up Theisen so they all match. At least the defense that Shero blew his wad on is holding strong. Err at least they are healthy.
    How's that?

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i usually defend cookie, but it was a dumb *** hit at any speed you run the tape. Its **** lucky Tyutin didnt get hurt. Cooke plays a great game, but he really needs to think a little more. There is no doubt that was a dangerous hit, and he really doesnt need to do that to play his game.

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    How's that?
    That's perfect, I can't do emoticons from tapatalk heheh

He's going to get his 4 games. The importance of this si that we are down yet another player. Now, if Kunitz comes back, then we just skate the same lineup minus Cooke and plus Kunitz. If not, we're digging deep at WBS for a forward

Threads : 206

Bull ****! Sid get's concussed by one or two illegal hits and there was no penalty or suspension on either hit!

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    Bull ****! Sid get's concussed by one or two illegal hits and there was no penalty or suspension on either hit!

I had type out this long vent and ***** and when i went to hit submit my ****ing browser crashed . such is life using beta's... So when i came back, i typed out what I do

My original message says what you just said. Here's some additional *****ing Cooke didn't hit the guy in the head and it wasn't a blindside hit. Tyutin saw Cooke coming. You can see him in the video turn his head about 1-2 seconds before Cooke hits him. Did Cooke charge? sure. He got a charging penalty and he needs to be a little smarter than that, but 4 ****ing games?

Count how many fingers you have on your feet and that will tell you how many penalties, suspensions and fines were delivered to the players that put blind side shots to the head on Crosby twice to force this so-called "mild concussion"

It's complete Bull**** and a complete double standard. The League should be doing more to protect it's star players, not going after Matt Cooke's or protecting Fedor ****ing Tyutin

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post

I had type out this long vent and ***** and when i went to hit submit my ****ing browser crashed . such is life using beta's... So when i came back, i typed out what I do

My original message says what you just said. Here's some additional *****ing Cooke didn't hit the guy in the head and it wasn't a blindside hit. Tyutin saw Cooke coming. You can see him in the video turn his head about 1-2 seconds before Cooke hits him. Did Cooke charge? sure. He got a charging penalty and he needs to be a little smarter than that, but 4 ****ing games?

Count how many fingers you have on your feet and that will tell you how many penalties, suspensions and fines were delivered to the players that put blind side shots to the head on Crosby twice to force this so-called "mild concussion"

It's complete Bull**** and a complete double standard. The League should be doing more to protect it's star players, not going after Matt Cooke's or protecting Fedor ****ing Tyutin
    Counting fingers on feet lol are you Tomlin now? Sounds like something he might say anyway yeah you are right but why is that? We seem to always think the officiating is unfair to Pitt but I don't know how true that is in reality but they should be just as hard on hits against stars as they are on repeat offenders. Makes sense to me. Do they look the other way with Ovie or the Sedins or whoever? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Counting fingers on feet lol are you Tomlin now? Sounds like something he might say anyway yeah you are right but why is that? We seem to always think the officiating is unfair to Pitt but I don't know how true that is in reality but they should be just as hard on hits against stars as they are on repeat offenders. Makes sense to me. Do they look the other way with Ovie or the Sedins or whoever? Just curious.
    The thing is, there's no denying that those were 2 head shots to Sid that resulted in this month+ out of the lineup "mild concussion". No penalty, No fine, No suspension.

Matt Cooke isn't a clean player all of the time, that's fine. when he gets his, give him his BUT... he just got 4 games for "Charging" when guys like Steckel etc.. are out there giving blindsided headshots and the league and referees have no problem with it. They are claim to be so worried about headshots and concussions that they can't even suspend, fine and penalize players that do it, but a guy with a reputation like cooke for hitting and questioning hits? He gets 4 games for something that was neither a blind side hit or a head shot.

I've got no problem with suspending Matt Cooke if others are getting the same treatment and they aren't. nobody is getting suspended for "charging". Hell nobody is getting suspended for illegal blind side hits to the head

So what's going on? I hear Gradi and Wallace are going back to WBS. They are sending back Vitale? Someone must be getting healthy?

Threads : 206

It's possible that Tyutin didn't see Cooke, because his teammate may have screened him.

BUT.... Duncan Keith got no suspension for this hit? Double Standard for sure!

BTW: Checkout the fan dressed like Hulk Hogan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information