Thread: Crosby Getting Better...

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Crosby Getting Better...

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...wt-pghpenguins

Crosby Getting Better, But No Return Date
    Thursday, 02.10.2011 / 12:13 PM / Features
    By Sam Kasan
    Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said that he is getting better, but there is no time frame for his return to the lineup as he continues to recover from a concussion.

“I’m getting better. It’s just slow,” Crosby said. “That’s the tough part, the progression and everything is improving. It’s just at a slower rate than I want it to be. It’s out of my control. You just hope with time, the quicker the better.

“There’s no timetable whatsoever. It’s impossible to gage or put a number of days or a timetable (on it). There’s nothing you can do but give yourself a chance to heal. I hope that happens sooner rather than later.”

Crosby also addressed some speculation that he may not return to the team this season at all. And while there is no way of knowing for sure when he’ll return, Crosby is fully intent on suiting up this season.

“I’m expecting to play this year,” he said. “I’m sure there’s a 1,000 different things being said out there and (missing the rest of the season) is one of them. I expect to be playing.

“I hope I’m back and I hope I play this year. That’s the thing with (concussions), you don’t know.”

Crosby has spent the past few days away from the team with his family. He said the time away was good for him to refresh and relax.

“It’s not the easiest thing coming in everyday hoping to do something,” Crosby said. “It’s great that everyone asks how you’re doing, but it’s a constant reminder of the fact that you’re not playing and you’re injured. Sometimes it’s good to get away from that a bit. I had the opportunity to see my parents and hang out with them for a bit. It was more or less to get away from the everyday questions and that kind of thing.”

Crosby said that the team doctors suggested his sojourn.

“(The doctor) thought it might be better to go somewhere and relax, and not be asked about it,” he said. “Clear your mind, to be able to relax and not worry about things and deal with those stresses, that does anybody well. Hopefully, that helped.”

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Crosby Getting Better...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11041...pid=latest.xml

I hope he makes it. ****ing ape ****.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

“I’m expecting to play this year,”

" I expect to be playing."

“I hope I’m back and I hope I play this year. That’s the thing with (concussions), you don’t know.”

"You know what? That could happen," Crosby said of missing the rest of the season

"No. I hope I'm back and, geez, I hope I play this year."

"But that's the thing with these things. You don't know. There's no time frame."

----------------------

Maybe I'm reading too much into this BUT... it really sounds like a guy that has accepted that he might not return this year despite the rest of us being told he has a "mild concussion".

There's really not one bit of certainty from a guy who is meeting with doctors and such often enough to have a more certain answer than what he's displayed. Even if he's being Sidney Crosby which is beating around the bush in an interview he didn't really play it up to being in the middle. He sounds pessimistic despite trying to force optimism.

I'd like to maintain that the actions of the Pens during the Trade Deadline should shed more light on the truth of Crosby's return for this season, but I'm not entirely sure. Getting into the playoffs is nice $$$$$ for the Franchise that not too long ago was desperate to go into the 2nd round of the playoffs to hit even. Only 20 points removed from making the playoffs, I think the Pens would be willing to sign some offensive talent with or without Crosby and Malkin and try to sign that guy up in the offseason
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can't read **** into it. The title for the second article is what gets this crap moving. It's a little bit misleading the thing that should be taken from the news is they don't really know yet. I expect him to play before the season is over. I think with the D and GT and Penalty that we have, that's half the battle but I think the confidence is gone now they really need a boost. Maybe the call ups will provide some energy. They don't need to score 4 or 5 they just need to spend some time in the offensive zone and things will line up. It won't get them far in the playoffs tho they will need Crosby and or someone brought in. You guys would know better than me but it looks like more and more teams want to hold on to their players which I think is smart but not good for those looking to add.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mild concussion...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information