Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody tell Stefan Logan...

Threads : 197

Default Somebody tell Stefan Logan...

To stop running the ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone. Denver kicked off 3 times tonight, each was measured as being caught at the -5 yard line. Logan had returns of 22, 22, and 25 yards, setting the Steelers up at the 17, 17, and 20, and had to break tackles to do it. Sometimes it's not worth it. Just take the touchback.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Somebody tell Stefan Logan...

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To stop running the ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone. Denver kicked off 3 times tonight, each was measured as being caught at the -5 yard line. Logan had returns of 22, 22, and 25 yards, setting the Steelers up at the 17, 17, and 20, and had to break tackles to do it. Sometimes it's not worth it. Just take the touchback.
    True Dat....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I was screaming about that too when he was doing that! And usually another player will run to the guy catching the ball deep in the endzone and tell him not to take it out. Nobody did that either. I guess a little of that CFL mentality is still there in Logan. Up there, I think you have to pretty much return everything. No fair catches or touchbacks I think?

Threads : 102

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    IŽm going to respectfully disagree with you here. Logan has the stuff to take the ball all the way back. IŽd glady sacrifice those 3 yards to have that chance. If we would have special teams that can block worth a **** he probably would have at run back at least 2 now let alone getting better field position.
    HavenŽt you noticed that every **** time the guy fields a punt thereŽs at least 2 unblocked defenders at least 5 yards away from him in his face?
    The problem is not with Logan.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I, in general, agree with beerman here. Its about the opportunities. Logan is the most explosive KR we've had in a LONG time...in that regard he needs to have the opportunity to bring the kicks out. Before the end of things I think he'll provide more than a couple HUGE returns for us.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

sjdrewk

Nope, I'm cool with him trying to run it out of the endzone. No big deal that he lost 3 to 5 on some of the returns.

Threads : 6

To be honest I am not impressed at all with Logan thus far on the season. Yes he had a great preseason but now when it counts he is no better then what we had last year so far. Always seems to run into tackles not around them.

It is nice to know he can break one but do it already, if not put Mike Wallace back there and give him a shot.

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by steelerguy26 View Post
    To be honest I am not impressed at all with Logan thus far on the season. Yes he had a great preseason but now when it counts he is no better then what we had last year so far. Always seems to run into tackles not around them.

It is nice to know he can break one but do it already, if not put Mike Wallace back there and give him a shot.

Oh,hell no.I wouldn't want to risk Wallace back there.If we improve blocking in the return game,we don't have an issue here.

Threads : 60

I was in Logans corner from the start. I must say, I expected more from him by this point. It's a 50/50 thing with me on Logan. Just the fact I remember how poorly we had that position filled at times makes me appreciate Logan at this point. On the other side of things, the guy isn't really showing us his one trick. Maybe it's me but, seems as soon as he gets contact, he's down. Maybe not always but, I'm just being negative at this point.

Threads : 206

Just hold on to the freakin' ball... That's all I ask!

Threads : 1

I think time proven percentages dictate taking a knee 5 yards deep. I know 3yards doesn't sound like much, but there are stats to back this line of thinking.

Threads : 164

Ok, I STEPPED UP AND I TOLD LOGAN TO STOP RUNNING THE BALL OUT!

You are welcome!

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    IŽm going to respectfully disagree with you here. Logan has the stuff to take the ball all the way back. IŽd glady sacrifice those 3 yards to have that chance. If we would have special teams that can block worth a **** he probably would have at run back at least 2 now let alone getting better field position.
    HavenŽt you noticed that every **** time the guy fields a punt thereŽs at least 2 unblocked defenders at least 5 yards away from him in his face?
    The problem is not with Logan.
    He has the stuff to run it back WITH a competent special teams blocking system in front of him. He doesn't have that. that's become pretty evident. Even the coverage team stinks and I'm not sure it's a talent issue either. Ligashesky is just a ****ing awful coach, whether it was making the Rams Special Teams rank last or making Pitt's special teams ranked one of the worst in the country. theonly credentials that Ligashesky has is Failure as a coach.

The fact that we can't block is enough to say "take the **** knee in the endzone". I'm not blaming Logan as much, he's got nowhere to run the ball. Steelghost said it. Law of percentages say take the knee in the endzone unless you have a good blocking ST in front of you. We don't have that. The other half like was mentioned is there's still that CFL mentality of having to run back every kick. I'm sure he's starting to realize that he should kneel on some of these kicks.

Threads : 135

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    He has the stuff to run it back WITH a competent special teams blocking system in front of him. He doesn't have that. that's become pretty evident. Even the coverage team stinks and I'm not sure it's a talent issue either. Ligashesky is just a ****ing awful coach, whether it was making the Rams Special Teams rank last or making Pitt's special teams ranked one of the worst in the country. theonly credentials that Ligashesky has is Failure as a coach.

The fact that we can't block is enough to say "take the **** knee in the endzone". I'm not blaming Logan as much, he's got nowhere to run the ball. Steelghost said it. Law of percentages say take the knee in the endzone unless you have a good blocking ST in front of you. We don't have that. The other half like was mentioned is there's still that CFL mentality of having to run back every kick. I'm sure he's starting to realize that he should kneel on some of these kicks.
    Man...sounds like BA.

But I agree...I am not sure that if you put any of the great returners on our team we'd be able to get them yards b/c of our blocking scheme.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by steelerguy26 View Post

I agree except for Wallace. Maybe I'm a fool but I like to see Mewelde Moore put back there once in a while. Logan is frustrating because you know how talented he is but he isn't getting a ton of luck. It's like come onnnn!

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information