Thread: Best news out of Day 2

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Best news out of Day 2

From Jenifer Langosch's blog: Right-hander Brad Lincoln has reported to camp a few pounds lighter after some tough offseason conditioning work. His breaking ball isn't all that sharp yet, though that's obviously common at this point in the spring. As for his mechanics -- which were badly tinkered with last season -- Searage said they are back to where they need to be. Searage also promised that he would not be forcing any new mechancial changes on Lincoln moving forward.

Thats excellent news, hopefully Lincoln can continue down the right path now and use what made him successful to begin with.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Best news out of Day 2

That's real good news. I really like what I saw out of him at times and if he can get his mechanics back to where they were, he just might win the 5th spot.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 122

I look forward to the day when Pirates young pitchers are beating down the door to MLB, forcing guys out of the rotation that aren't performing, rather than us all holding our collective breath and praying to the sky that they can be the 5th starter.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I look forward to the day when Pirates young pitchers are beating down the door to MLB, forcing guys out of the rotation that aren't performing, rather than us all holding our collective breath and praying to the sky that they can be the 5th starter.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jleisele58 View Post
    From Jenifer Langosch's blog: Right-hander Brad Lincoln has reported to camp a few pounds lighter after some tough offseason conditioning work. His breaking ball isn't all that sharp yet, though that's obviously common at this point in the spring. As for his mechanics -- which were badly tinkered with last season -- Searage said they are back to where they need to be. Searage also promised that he would not be forcing any new mechancial changes on Lincoln moving forward.

Thats excellent news, hopefully Lincoln can continue down the right path now and use what made him successful to begin with.
    the main question is going to be where his velocity is sitting. If it's sitting mid 90's consistency, then he's definitely regained his old mechanics. If it's not, and he's hitting the 92-93 range too often, then he probably hasn't regained it all.

There's going to be so many intriguing stories this spring and things to follow.

anyone hear anything on Pedro's weight? It was "rumored" that he was overweight" and some players didn't seem to think so when they saw him at his wedding. I'm curious to know where he is. Nobody has really said anything that I'm aware of which leads me to believe it's not an issue or noticeable?
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    the main question is going to be where his velocity is sitting. If it's sitting mid 90's consistency, then he's definitely regained his old mechanics. If it's not, and he's hitting the 92-93 range too often, then he probably hasn't regained it all.

There's going to be so many intriguing stories this spring and things to follow.

anyone hear anything on Pedro's weight? It was "rumored" that he was overweight" and some players didn't seem to think so when they saw him at his wedding. I'm curious to know where he is. Nobody has really said anything that I'm aware of which leads me to believe it's not an issue or noticeable?
    i heard that rumor too, but i heard it was 15 lbs of muscle, no rumors since, so who knows

i heard that rumor too, but i heard it was 15 lbs of muscle, no rumors since, so who knows
    Yeah, I havent heard anything about weight, muscle mass etc... and considering the big stink that was made about it earlier, if it were an issue I'd assume it would've been brought to attention by some beat writer by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Yeah, I havent heard anything about weight, muscle mass etc... and considering the big stink that was made about it earlier, if it were an issue I'd assume it would've been brought to attention by some beat writer by now?
    the coverage this year so far with out Dejan is just terrible, but maybe its a little early still. I just seem to remember Dejan blogging and tweeting quite a bit everyday all day. But i could just be over anxious for baseball and mis-remembering.

the coverage this year so far with out Dejan is just terrible, but maybe its a little early still. I just seem to remember Dejan blogging and tweeting quite a bit everyday all day. But i could just be over anxious for baseball and mis-remembering.
    Dejan gave constant updates on his blog. It's something that ANY of them could do if they wanted. just continue to edit a single Blog post with updates as the day goes. This can be done via smartphone/mobile. why Dejan is the only person capable of this, I don't know

Threads : 197

Rob Biertempfel and Jennifer Langosch have done pretty much the same thing they've always done this year. The PG's coverage has been awful because they don't even have someone there yet. Colin Dunlap is staying home until next week or something because his wife just had twins, and they didn't send anyone else out. The guy who has done most of the writing you'll see on their site (Tim Povtak) was a terrible basketball writer for Fanhouse who just happened to be in the area and looking for work. He's not really affiliated with the PG, knows nothing about the Pirates, and really hasn't covered baseball.

Threads : 215

Itcs a little early yet. The local papaer had an article on the Bucs already.
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information